Campaign AI Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Seipherwood

Sergeant
Is there a way to improve the Campaign AI? Im on day 148 and i think 2 castles and 2 towns have changed hands in that entire time, nothing else. Does the AI never truly try to take over other factions or am i missing a setting somewhere? Everything is on Normal / Good for Dmg / AI.

Chance is a lot of it.  In my game, Sarleon was nearly wiped out but managed to instead destroy the D'Shar (whom I never attacked so destroyed ALL by AI) and start regrowing quite a bit.  Ravenstern took over two of Sarleon's cities, while Fierdsvain took over one.  So I have seen a large number of city changes in my game.  A lot of it I think just depends on the game, and day 150 isn't too far into it.  Give it time, massive changes will occur.

For my current game, ravenstern has dominated Sarleon and the Fierds. They have like 6-7 cities and everything north of marleons and valonbray

I'm completely stuck in my game.  Sarleon and the Fierds are completely gone. Map is split fairly evenly between the empire/dshar/ravenstern.  My poor Pendor kingdom consists of Valorshield, Whitestag, Talon, and Mobray castles with only myself and 3 lords. I garrisoned everything strongly enough to keep the AI kingdoms away until I can convince them to make peace, but if I ever declare war and pull from the garrisons I end up capturing a town or two just before the other kingdoms gang up on me.  When all's said and done I'm back to my same 4 castles, often after having to drain the garrisons of the others to retake one of them.

oldark said:
I'm completely stuck in my game.  Sarleon and the Fierds are completely gone. Map is split fairly evenly between the empire/dshar/ravenstern.  My poor Pendor kingdom consists of Valorshield, Whitestag, Talon, and Mobray castles with only myself and 3 lords. I garrisoned everything strongly enough to keep the AI kingdoms away until I can convince them to make peace, but if I ever declare war and pull from the garrisons I end up capturing a town or two just before the other kingdoms gang up on me.  When all's said and done I'm back to my same 4 castles, often after having to drain the garrisons of the others to retake one of them.

Don't declare war until another country is at war, when you are at war capture everyone and lock them in your castles

That is what I was attempting to do. Regardless of the other factions warring together whenever I declare on any of them at least 2, usually all 3 are declaring on me.  Should I just eat the honor hit for declining ransom requests on lords? I've been storing them all in the dungeons until they offer me money on my own.

Store them away.  It sucks losing honor, but luckily it doesn't happen too often.  If they like you, they might even join you.  If they are favorable to your faction (in () beneath their name at capture) release them another time or two and than keep them and they join.  The rest, just imprison and toss away the key for good.

You don't actually need honor for anything. Take the hit, lock the gorram bastards up.
Release martial/honorable lords for honor/relation boost, so that you can recruit them later :grin:

ericmyrs said:
You don't actually need honor for anything. Take the hit, lock the gorram bastards up.
Release martial/honorable lords for honor/relation boost, so that you can recruit them later :grin:
You need honor to recruit knighthood units for less prestige

oldark said:
That is what I was attempting to do. Regardless of the other factions warring together whenever I declare on any of them at least 2, usually all 3 are declaring on me.  Should I just eat the honor hit for declining ransom requests on lords? I've been storing them all in the dungeons until they offer me money on my own.
You can just keep doing that.

The thing to note is that the offers of money don't ramp up. If you have 5 guys, or 100 guys in the prison, it does not give you these with 20x the frequency.

Just let them go when they ask, the other 99 guys have to wait in line... while you can go out and catch lords a lot faster than they can ask you for ransom.

Alavaria said:
oldark said:
You can just keep doing that.

The thing to note is that the offers of money don't ramp up. If you have 5 guys, or 100 guys in the prison, it does not give you these with 20x the frequency.

Just let them go when they ask, the other 99 guys have to wait in line... while you can go out and catch lords a lot faster than they can ask you for ransom.

True, they take forever to offer ransom for someone sometimes.  It also amuses me that they don't prioritize the king when he's captured.

You can always go in the Options menu and change the Campaign AI difficulty around, can also find out who the current Marshals' enemies are and rally them to replace him. You can always find lords that disagree, just look for lords not following the army.

Thrannduil said:
ericmyrs said:
You need honor to recruit knighthood units for less prestige

For less prestige. You can always compensate with more renown, or taking less casualties.

Quite frankly, you don't need to recruit honor troops with prestige either. You can get enough Rogue knights or other badass non-honor troops that you don't need to bother with that. Or you can go do quests for your KHO and get some from that :smile: I have a character who has an all Immortal/Mortal army, and does not have a fief yet.
If you pull the same trick with the Shadow legion, you're pretty much set for life.

Back
Top Bottom