The Unofficial Graphics Pack Patch for Brytenwalda

Users who are viewing this thread

Hidole555

Sergeant at Arms
Edit1: WHOOPS. Messed up on the file structure a bit.  :roll: The folder name should be Resource instead of Resources. It's all fixed now, though. If you downloaded before I fixed the download and you're getting RGL errors due to textures.brf, just head to your Brytenwalda install and put the files in Resources folder into the Resource folder. Overwrite when asked. Sorry about that.

Edit2: Replaced the Steam screenshots with imgur hosted screenshots. They shouldn't be going anywhere now.

Not Required but Highly Recommended: vidamir's Tree Updates. For example, my patch does not fix the snowy bushes in normal areas so you will need vidamir's Tree Updates for that.

My Recommended Install Order: Install Brytenwalda, then the 1.41 Patch, then the Graphics Pack, then any other submods you prefer, then finally this Patch.
Extract it to your Brytenwalda install. Overwrite when asked.

:arrow:Download here: https://mega.co.nz/#!OEo1XYJL!gVSeJDctxqVgOBivR2B3WHd6CqaIFKns5qSjwO6yiFI

Unofficial Graphics Pack Patch - UGPP - Info

Your glitchy looking Brytenwalda ends TODAY! I've spent the past few days working to subdue the egregiously bugged trees that have plagued Brytenwalda for a while.

What does this patch do?

This patch covers multiple things.
First, it fixes the dual bark texture on many trees. A lot of the fatter trees, especially ones from Native, had an issue where they appeared to be half-birch and half-normal, pictured here. This is because in Brytenwalda a bark texture file will have several textures in it. This means some of the fatter trees ended up wrapping the entire file around them, causing them to display what looks like two bark textures instead of one.

Second, it replaces trees with wonky leaves with similar looking trees that have more natural looking leaves. If you're wondering what I mean by wonky, click here.

Third, it gets rid of some absurd collision meshes. One example is a skeleton on the ground would have a collision mesh the size of an entire tree, meaning if you tried to jump over it on a horse or fire an arrow over it, the arrow/horse would smack into an invisible wall.

Finally, it replaces odd sideways/upside-down trees in the background terrain with those from Native.
It turns this
FCXq5vb.jpg
into this
9uN0bFb.jpg

Special Thanks to jacobhinds, his info helped me out a ton in developing this, to vidamir for his work in making Brytenwalda look better, and to the entire Brytenwalda team for making one of the most kick-ass mods for Warband. You guys rock.

I will be using this patch in my new series "The First Viking" as of episode #2 which premieres this Tuesday.  Thanks Hidole555 it has greatly improved the look of the game. I will place a link to your patch in the comment section of each video starting on Tuesday.

Here is the link to the series.
http://youtu.be/j4dogwVYIyo

ArcadeKnight

Back
Top Bottom