Upthrust attack

Users who are viewing this thread

hoboistice said:
I noticed that the upthrust from WFaS and NW is also in the common resource BRF for Warband, does anybody know how to implement this into native?

Download the source code of both of them (the module system of Warband, and WFaS or NW). Go to
Code:
module_animations.py
in one of the expansions/DLCs, search for the animation name, copy the entire animation tuple replacing the one in Warband's and you are good to go.

Maybe there's a
Code:
module.ini
switch, just like with the crouching feature, which is disabled by default in Native.

Swyter said:
hoboistice said:
I noticed that the upthrust from WFaS and NW is also in the common resource BRF for Warband, does anybody know how to implement this into native?

Download the source code of both of them (the module system of Warband, and WFaS or NW). Go to
Code:
module_animations.py
in one of the expansions/DLCs, search for the animation name, copy the entire animation tuple replacing the one in Warband's and you are good to go.

Maybe there's a
Code:
module.ini
switch, just like with the crouching feature, which is disabled by default in Native.

Where do I dump the .py files into, the module file?

I don't know if you can enable it via .ini, I didn't see anything regarding upthrust in there and the crouch doesn't work properly when enabled. (The character just goes into the rigging position, and reloading a crossbow while crouched causes the crossbow to clip through the ground).

To fix crouch animations just copy and paste this code in your module_animations file(where the crouch animations entry starts)
Code:
 ["crouch_unarmed", 0, amf_client_prediction,
#   [11.0, "crouch_stand_man", 0, 315, arf_use_stand_progress|arf_cyclic, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.25],
   [9.0, "sword_loop01", 0, 200, arf_use_stand_progress|arf_cyclic, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.25],
 ],
 ["crouch_single", 0, amf_client_prediction,
#   [11.0, "crouch_stand_man", 0, 315, arf_use_stand_progress|arf_cyclic, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.25],
   [9.0, "sword_loop01", 0, 200, arf_use_stand_progress|arf_cyclic, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.25],
 ],
 ["crouch_greatsword", 0, amf_client_prediction,
#   [6.0, "crouch_greatsword_cstance", 0, 170, arf_use_stand_progress|arf_cyclic, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.25],
   [6.0, "greatsword_cstance", 0, 91, arf_use_stand_progress|arf_cyclic, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.25],  
 ],
 ["crouch_staff", 0, amf_client_prediction,
#   [5.0, "crouch_staff_cstance", 0, 120, arf_use_stand_progress|arf_cyclic, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.0],
   [2.0, "staff_cstance", 0, 60, arf_use_stand_progress|arf_cyclic, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.0],  
 ],
 ["crouch_crossbow", 0, amf_client_prediction,
   [2.0, "staff_cstance", 0, 60, arf_use_stand_progress|arf_cyclic, 0, (0, 0, 0), 0.0],  
 ],
 ["crouch_ready_pistol", acf_rot_vertical_sword|acf_anim_length(100), amf_priority_attack|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_keep|amf_client_owner_prediction|amf_rider_rot_pistol,
#   [0.3, "crouch_fire_pistol", 1, 12, blend_in_ready],
   [0.3, "anim_human", combat+2500, combat+2515, arf_blend_in_8],
 ],
 ["crouch_release_pistol", acf_rot_vertical_sword|acf_anim_length(100), amf_priority_attack|amf_use_weapon_speed|amf_play|amf_client_owner_prediction|amf_rider_rot_pistol,
#   [0.3, "crouch_fire_pistol", 12, 21, arf_blend_in_1],
   [0.3, "anim_human", combat+2520, combat+2527, arf_blend_in_1],
 ],
As for using the overthrust animation from WFaS/NW I am not sure how atm but when I do find out I'll edit this post for you.

#Edit1: There are two ways:
1. Use Morgh's Mount & Blade Warband editor for your module_items.py editing via checking the "itcf_overswing_spear" flag
2. Using Notepad++ you can add this piece of code "|itcf_overswing_spear," at the end of something like this:
["pike",        "Pike", [("spear_a_3m",0)], itp_type_polearm|itp_is_pike|itp_merchandise|itp_cant_use_on_horseback|itp_primary|itp_two_handed|itp_wooden_parry|itp_penalty_with_shield|itp_crush_through|itp_no_blur, itc_spear|itcf_carry_spear|itcf_overswing_spear, 125 , weight(3.0)|difficulty(0)|spd_rtng(81) | weapon_length(245)|swing_damage(0 , blunt) | thrust_damage(26 ,  pierce),imodbits_polearm ],

Hope this information helps.

Back
Top Bottom