What other servers support NeoGK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Courtney said:
_Sparhawk_ said:
Courtney said:
No progression of warnings...it's permanent ban instantly.

You obviously haven't been around long if you think this is how we work.

I've played Siege much longer than you think. True that I haven't really played there recently, but back when DBD was still the chief admin, there was no progression of warning, and every fault was an instant perma-ban. How do I know this? B/c he perma-banned me once for something very idiotic. Of course it was lifted without me having to post a request, but it is still well known that you guys were pretty hardcore with your bans.

DBD hasn't been around for a very long time.

Zenithar said:
Courtney said:
_Sparhawk_ said:
Courtney said:

I've played Siege much longer than you think. True that I haven't really played there recently, but back when DBD was still the chief admin, there was no progression of warning, and every fault was an instant perma-ban. How do I know this? B/c he perma-banned me once for something very idiotic. Of course it was lifted without me having to post a request, but it is still well known that you guys were pretty hardcore with your bans.
They still are, from what I've seen recently.

Although you have to give them some slack on that, they do have one of the most populated Warband NA servers out there. Not to mention it attracts a lot of Noobs. (SO Teamkilling Etc... Is bound to be an issue.)

This being said though, it should encourage them to have more mature Admins, because if you start to ban every little slip up, you're not going to have very many people to play.

You're assuming that the ban in question was as unfair as the person claims.

Empyrrean said:
_Sparhawk_ said:
Courtney said:

Uhm, that's kinda what happened to me, dude. The previous day I was kicked for trolling about Hitler, which made me think "Oh they must not care that much or I would have been banned for that". Next day I used the word "******" and got banned for a week. The inconsistency here made me unprepared for possible repercussions. Obviously I'll behave myself from now on, but still, a week ban on the first offense is overkill.

Of course, count on an admin to deny that maybe the way his server is run is a tad draconian. Why host a server when you can't own up to that fact?

You yourself say that you were kicked earlier, so it was not your first offense. Our admins are not to be blamed for ignorance of the rules. It's not like our particular set of rules is hard to follow, anyway.

aekilju said:
You yourself say that you were kicked earlier, so it was not your first offense. Our admins are not to be blamed for ignorance of the rules. It's not like our particular set of rules is hard to follow, anyway.
I'm perfectly aware of that. But my major gripe is, a kick, and instantly escalating to a week long ban, is ridiculous. A couple hours or a day long ban would have been more appropriate.

Better yet, why even ban people for what's said in chat? Just mute them. It doesn't disrupt gameplay in any way unless you ALLOW it to (responding). I guarantee you'll get less flak if you run things that way. You don't get paid, why work so hard to strictly enforce the rules? So you can use how hard you work as an excuse whenever someone calls you out on how poorly you run things?

Courtney said:
For most of the time Dave was around, I was too. He was pretty strict (but generally always unbanned after a week or so), while I and a some others were generally laid back and focused more on kicks and temp bans.

Úlfheðinn said:
Madoc, I will give you Denmark if you remove 90% of the siege maps from the GK server.

You ****ers are killing my FPS.
I will give you the Southern and Western portion of Texas. (You know, the ones with the overwhelming populace of Spanish speakers.)

I second This.

Courtney said:
_Sparhawk_ said:
Courtney said:

I know how long you've been around Courtney, remember I've been around for years as well, my comment was sarcastic. DBD has been gone for at least a year so your reasoning is seriously flawed.

_Sparhawk_ said:
Courtney said:
_Sparhawk_ said:
Courtney said:

I know how long you've been around Courtney, remember I've been around for years as well, my comment was sarcastic. DBD has been gone for at least a year so your reasoning is seriously flawed.

I have played recently and was banned for kicking my friend in ts... with no warning

_Sparhawk_ said:

Yes sir, you are super old (WB age-wise) :razz:.

Zenithar said:
I will give you the Southern and Western portion of Texas. (You know, the ones with the overwhelming populace of Spanish speakers.)

I second This.

Ahem...

Texas-come-and-take-it-BLM-1.jpg

But yes, please do trim the Siege maps to allow a more manageable fps since you guys are running a 100-player server as well. Would love to play some Siege again once in a while :smile:.

Courtney said:
_Sparhawk_ said:

Yes sir, you are super old (WB age-wise) :razz:.

Zenithar said:

I second This.

Ahem...

Texas-come-and-take-it-BLM-1.jpg

But yes, please do trim the Siege maps to allow a more manageable fps since you guys are running a 100-player server as well. Would love to play some Siege again once in a while :smile:.
I got a cheap laugh out of that, being a Texan myself.

I'm thinking something like... Hm. Less pointless FOLIAGE and 'Scenery'.

Back
Top Bottom