What other servers support NeoGK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Empyrrean

Recruit
The admins on the GK servers are a bunch of corrupt manchildren who ban you for a week on the first a offense, something as minor as saying a cuss word. When I posted an appeal, the chief admin was very arrogant and condescending. I don't want to play on a server with people like this. I'm ok with being punished for swearing, maybe an hour to a day mute/ban, but a week is just overkill, and gives the impression that the admins just like to flaunt their power.

I like the NeoGK mod's features, so my question is, what other semi-popular servers support it?

...w-well, can anyone at least make me feel better and tell me that they agree the admins are a bunch of morons?

If you obey the rules, and don't call the admins morons, then you shouldn't have an issue on their servers. I never have... :/

Yeah I know, but I have a rather eccentric personality and like to mess with people so I'm more likely to get banned. I just wish they were more chill. It's disappointing when I can't be myself because the admins are uptight douchebags. It's not like I was disrupting gameplay in any way. Why ban people for what you say when you can just ignore the chat? It's pointless and draconian. I'm not the only one to be banned for something stupid, apparently, after browsing the ban appeal section.

And like I said, I wouldn't be complaining if they just banned me for an hour or a day.

Zenithar said:
I just stick to Deathmatch and Battle. Away from GK servers. Nothing against them, just don't like the type of people.

I don't mind the people, but I wish they would look at some of the maps for siege and cull them based on quality.

A lot of them are:

a) poorly balanced
b) incredibly confusing and not organized in a way that actually works for pub siege games
c) incredibly poorly optimized and cause my PC to smoke (figure of speech)

Úlfheðinn said:
Zenithar said:
I just stick to Deathmatch and Battle. Away from GK servers. Nothing against them, just don't like the type of people.

I don't mind the people, but I wish they would look at some of the maps for siege and cull them based on quality.

A lot of them are:

a) poorly balanced
b) incredibly confusing and not organized in a way that actually works for pub siege games
c) incredibly poorly optimized and cause my PC to smoke (figure of speech)
Another good set of reasons as to why I avoid GK Siege. :smile:

Most of the newer siege maps prioritize aesthetics over balanced gameplay. They have too many doodads and little extra details that just murder my fps, even though my my PC is more than able to run the game.

To OP, yea if you want to play on GK Siege without issues just have to shutup and play. They are VERY strict with their rules. No progression of warnings...it's permanent ban instantly. If you want to get unbanned, you'll have to visit their website and post an apology and an unban request. You can find more info in the clan thread under Golden Kingdom.

Unicorn said:
1 week ban for swearing? that is hilarious
My words.

Is it bad that it's kind of believable? Not from personal experience or anything, but that sounds like something that could easily have happened. Maybe an Admin was having a Bad day and took his anger out on you. :O

_Sparhawk_ said:
Courtney said:
No progression of warnings...it's permanent ban instantly.

You obviously haven't been around long if you think this is how we work.

I've played Siege much longer than you think. True that I haven't really played there recently, but back when DBD was still the chief admin, there was no progression of warning, and every fault was an instant perma-ban. How do I know this? B/c he perma-banned me once for something very idiotic. Of course it was lifted without me having to post a request, but it is still well known that you guys were pretty hardcore with your bans.

Courtney said:
_Sparhawk_ said:
Courtney said:

I've played Siege much longer than you think. True that I haven't really played there recently, but back when DBD was still the chief admin, there was no progression of warning, and every fault was an instant perma-ban. How do I know this? B/c he perma-banned me once for something very idiotic. Of course it was lifted without me having to post a request, but it is still well known that you guys were pretty hardcore with your bans.
They still are, from what I've seen recently.

Although you have to give them some slack on that, they do have one of the most populated Warband NA servers out there. Not to mention it attracts a lot of Noobs. (SO Teamkilling Etc... Is bound to be an issue.)

This being said though, it should encourage them to have more mature Admins, because if you start to ban every little slip up, you're not going to have very many people to play.

_Sparhawk_ said:
Courtney said:

Uhm, that's kinda what happened to me, dude. The previous day I was kicked for trolling about Hitler, which made me think "Oh they must not care that much or I would have been banned for that". Next day I used the word "******" and got banned for a week. The inconsistency here made me unprepared for possible repercussions. Obviously I'll behave myself from now on, but still, a week ban on the first offense is overkill.

Of course, count on an admin to deny that maybe the way his server is run is a tad draconian. Why host a server when you can't own up to that fact?

Back
Top Bottom