New Let's Play - The First Viking (Exploring this mod in a different way)

Users who are viewing this thread

Plaidrab

Sergeant
In this new LP I will role-play a Scandinavian warrior shipwrecked in Briton forced to raid and plunder to survive.  We will explore buying ships to raid the coast.  Building a small fast shieldwall to loot villages quickly in the night.  Eventually building a lair to keep my hores and prisoners.  Maybe one day capturing minor lords to collect ransoms.  The goal being not to play in the traditional way of joining a faction, becoming a lord, etc.  We will play counter to the game and see how long we can survive.

So I would like to invite any fans of this mod, to join me on this experiment.

The First Viking | A Brytenwalda Series
Check out the trailer to get a taste of what's to come.

http://youtu.be/HVP_FW9dW4I

Also check out my other Mount & Blade: Warband Series

Anno Domini 1257AD | In Defense of England
http://youtu.be/Y5eM0p2jX-c?list=PL9akOu68bLWWUF-7wTiBu7V4FQ4Bej-5-

A Clash of Kings | The Restoration of House Reyne
http://youtu.be/f-FB1LDw_1I?list=PL9akOu68bLWVfjXAYn0Rdd3I03XhibWEx

My Youtube channel is ArcadeKnight.

Thanks guys

Great mod!

We play in a similar style.  My father's family comes from northern Germany and Sweden (in the ancestral area of the Geats) so I usually play as a Theod or Angle.  Most often my character is a young nobleman from Sweden who is exiled and flees Sweden for Britannia.  I always start off in East Anglia, beating Dena raiders and aquiring wealth.  Then I usually hire a ship and crew and raid the Picts.  One of the best ways to make money is to loot Fortriu, concentrating on stealing cattle rather than raiding whole villages.  Sell the hides as you sail back down to East Anglia, make sure to build a supply wagon to hold all of the hides.  Bebbanburgh, Eoferwic, Loidis, Grantebyrge, Rendleshaem and Lundenwic pay decent prices for hides and you can get A LOT of hides per cattle.  Eoferwic pays between 400-700 per hide based on your trading skill (or just hire Aelfir).  Most of the other cities pay between 300-400 per hide.

After sometime I usually build up a massive army in my lair and gain Right to Rule.  Depending on my mood I may join a faction and conquer some cities and spend my days as a powerful ealdorman or I'll start my own kingdom by attacking a weaker faction already at war. 

my choice is similar, but bonded also to the real me.
My parents live in Milan, Germans christianized merchants of some success, and I have made my way before under a retainer, for gain my right to bring arms, then as a free man, working as any other citizen.

Of course, the news about "a far strange isle with monsters, fog, strange peoples and loaded of treasures until the belly" came also in Milan, and as adventurous man, also if I have get my 50 springs, i sold out all my things, and came to Britannia: after all i'm German like other Theod,Saxons and Jutes, then I want my quote of treasures and if someone want try to takethis quote, my sword will send to Old Nick in a matter of minutes.

Of course, when I realized what is this Britannia, and what can be happened before (from people talks) I started to explore here and there, and spent time forsatisfy myhigh curiosity about this isle. Istarted to work as peasant for make some starting money selling what peasants gave mein the market, then enlisted as soldier first in East Anglia army, then Hwicce, and now Pengwern: this helped me to make money and get some better stuff, and also to sharpen my abilities and skills.

Hinfefuns the Clever is only the starter of a longer family saga: in 1257 a his descendant remembering  granpa stories about the family founder that was a fierce warrior in old VII century Britannia, will start a new adventuring life, attempting to become someone and pair or better this glorious ancient hero, then in the next centuries, maybe a poor noble, descendant of the same family, will try again to have fame and glory  in the XV century (Knights of the Last Battle) remembering some stories about a Middle age great warrior and his ancient barbaric family founder.

What difficulty do you play on? I hope it's 149%, I find this difficulty the most entertaining as it is very realistic, and the player has to struggle, there's loss, and gain, and it's much more risk/reward, and very exciting.

my game is at 24%: stile Normal, AI normal, fight at Medium.

I use all the enabling and change only

Formation
(disabled, Romans are gone, who remember their tactics 200 yrs later?)
Gore (enabled, meseem a right thing and add a barbaric and savage pleasure at the game when an enemy is decapitated)
Fall backward (disabled, meseem stupid that a mighty warrior, respected and feared as great and very capable swordsman and leader, can fall in a so idiotic way like a green soldier. Maybe this can be in a one-to-one duel, certainly not in a battle)
Stamina/fatigue (disabled, others can't suffer this penalty, why I must have on me?)
and Armor penalty (disabled, 1) a man in this age can wear more or less any armor, and VII century armors was very lighter and easy to wear than XII century mail and plate or XV century gothic armours 2) others don't suffer this penalty 3) I disagree about dresses bonus, a dress don't change nothing in a person, only give a better chance to the wiever for acknowledge the probable profession of the wearer (merchant, friar,noble, peasant, etc.)
every other thing is Enabled

Thanks for all the great inspiration, and yes there will be a lot of struggle in this Let's Play, kind of the point.  It may end very badly for our poor Viking.

I will update my channel soon with the premiere date and time for this new series.

Thanks,

ArcadeKnight

Brytenwalda | The First Viking premieres this Sunday night.  (eastern standard time)

Check out the teaser.

http://youtu.be/fhDF5P_dBVk

Thanks.

ArcadeKnight

Back
Top Bottom