This is NOT Sparta!

Users who are viewing this thread

I feel really dumb for asking, but is anyone else getting spawned in with (literally.. like.. literally) thousands of enemy troops--and friendly troops too--during the "Train peasants" quest and the "Clear infestation" quest? It's so bad, having these 2000+ troops duke it out in this small town, my game runs at about 10FPS. What's interesting, is I can still fumble around the Battle Plan screen at a smooth rate. That is, the cursor doesn't skip, or anything. What's stranger, is that as soon as I die, even with 900 bandits left, the game *instantly* runs smooth as a baby's bottom again.

I downloaded the full installer off the nexus, as well as the 3.92 patch 3 installer. Did I herp derp and grab an old version for Warband or is something up here?

Other than that though, I love this mod! It's becoming more of my go-to mod than 1257 AD!

MSI Z87-G45
Intel i7-4770k
16GB RAM
EVGA GTX 760 2GB OC

^ In case anyone wanted to be cute and tell me to turn down the settings. :wink:

I did, actually. To level 2,000 something (apparently the game can't count past 63 xD). So, you're saying, if I simply played at level 60, I wouldn't be spawned in with (literally) 2,000 troops in a battle? It's so strange, this is the only mod I've played (yet) that has this occurrence during this particular quest at this particular level. Why does it do this for only these two quests and not spawn me in with thousands of troops for any other battle?
(I fought a group of archers that stretched into the 900's just fine, no stuttering/slowdowns of any kind)

Anyways, thanks for the insight, I truly would've never guessed that was the problem. :sad:

Chances are we will need more 'kingly' ways to gain experience.

Right now it is generally through combat that you gain experience, but part of the 'Kingly' experience is sending your peons to do battle for you, so you don't get the experience.

I wonder if we could develop some kind of system that allows you to buy experience, or build buildings or hire Court Staff that trickle experience to you on a per X Time basis.

So simply being a King grants you experience on a regular basis.

Back
Top Bottom