Lair

Users who are viewing this thread

aspirine101

Recruit
So, I have asked this question before in one of my threads so I decided to make a thread revolving solely around that question, especially seeing that the Brytenwalda forum is more active on this week than what it was before.

Alright, so this is the thing:
I wanted to build myself a lair, even tho I'm not playing a bandit or so, I thought it would be ok to have your own mini-castle to store prisoners there since I didn't really had the chance to conquer something at that time.
But apparently, my garrison level (forgot what it's called..) was very low to put prisoners there, no matter how many men are garrisoned in my castle. As soon as I'd put a lord he'd escape (the moment I start moving I see the message telling me he escaped)

So I decided to destroy the lair. Apparently I was stupid to do so because it seems I had a lot of troops left there. Low-tiered ones but a lot of them.
Now my destroyed lair, named Blackwood Castle, is taking 1000 schillingas from me every week as wages..
The garrisoned troops now stand in the form of ghosts at the ruins of the once glorious Blackwood Castle that wasn't strong enough to contain a prisoner.. Interesting  :mrgreen:

Now I'd live and deal with it, but unlike Vesku and the hardcore warlords around I don't get 1.8 million Schillingas in 3 months... my kingdom is at war with 90% of Britain, and almost every settlement has -56 with me since I destroyed every single monastery in England  :twisted:

Still, the 1k doesn't hurt me that much but would really like to remove it somehow....
I've found some entries named Blackwood Castle (or parts of this name, like Blackwood and a few words/numbers/gibberish later it says Castle etc) in my savefile. Dunno what is safe to remove tho.

Fun fact: in your savefile you can see all the lords that renounced allegiance, castles that were besieged and conquered etc from the 1st day of your gameplay.

the lair.Hmm.

I had the chance to build,and I tried to do once a time, but I have seen that's without sense, there are a lot of castles around Britannia, and if I want one of them simply ask to my king at the right moment, then why have one more?

Aye, destroying monasteries give a hard penalty: i did once a time (switchin to germanic gods then assaulting) and I have taken -8 reactions to every Christian city and village in Britannia.
Assault a monastery give more or less around 5000 scillingas each, but for recover the penalty one can do real miracles and spend more than 5000 scillingas. I think this is unworthy, good only if one choose to be under Mierce, and roleplay a hard and pure pagan, otherwise better leave monasteries as they are (and takethe Reading/Writing ability for 4000 scillingas,aye,it's a bit high, but then one can get books and gain their bonuses.)

No reading ability for meh :sad:
Altho I remember that the book seller had an option "Can you teach me how to read?"
hmm

Back
Top Bottom