How many lords in each Faction...?

Users who are viewing this thread

legione

Regular
Searching in wiki, I have found this:

http://popmod.wikifoundry.com/page/Lords

so they say that each faction starts with 21 Lords.
But in my game it seems that Sarleon has very few lords, and Empire has a lot of them.

So, which is the truth?

Thank you for the answers.

21 Lords including the king.

But lords can defect to other kingdoms if the king of their faction is a big meanie.

Theo H said:

But lords can defect to other kingdoms if the king of their faction is a big meanie.
those selfish pricks defect at any chance they get, you can always trust a lord to be a lord

Theo H said:

Thank you.
It's the same I deduce from the in-game Faction Notes.
But the guide in this section says about Sarleon:

"- Weak nobles. They have only a handful of nobles"

..... and about Empire:

" - So many damn nobles. When the Empire is really going to war it can be tough to find the *correct* Lord Legatus to turn your quest in."

...so i don't understand what it means :smile:

legione said:
Theo H said:

Thank you.
It's the same I deduce from the in-game Faction Notes.
But the guide in this section says about Sarleon:

"- Weak nobles. They have only a handful of nobles"

..... and about Empire:

" - So many damn nobles. When the Empire is really going to war it can be tough to find the *correct* Lord Legatus to turn your quest in."

...so i don't understand what it means :smile:

The player that wrote that bit of the guide was high on something.

All start with the same numbee, but sarleons lords marshal together better than most, so when they Marshall an army, it's usually 2500+. Fierds are always bickering, and tend to have smaller marshalled armies and more defectors, and the other 3 are in between

Thrannduil said:
All start with the same numbee, but sarleons lords marshal together better than most, so when they Marshall an army, it's usually 2500+. Fierds are always bickering, and tend to have smaller marshalled armies and more defectors, and the other 3 are in between

Your experiences are the exact opposite of most of mine. The Sarleon Marshall collects an army of about 2/3s of the Lords and just sits around castles never doing anything, while Fierds group up in a massive stack of almost every lord and take avendor, marleons, ravenstern in short order and usually singal shortly after. (Then they get wiped out because everyone declares war to "curb their growing power")

The more dense the territory they have the easier it is for the marshal to gather the army.
Since npc lords have to be within a certain range of the marshal to actually start following them.

It depends on each game as quite a lot of the various lords personalities are randomly handed out before each game.
So while one game can show a strong and united Empire, another one can bring a struggling and quarreling one. It really depends.

Just lik fighting the Empire can be easy pickings if you field the proper army or a pain in the arse. It depends. Just like any guide depends on the personal experience of the writer - so he may have fought a game where the Empire was united and unmolested by unique spawns and fought a single sided war with huge marshall and royal war parties or he may have had encountered a weak Sarleon, continously fighting mulitple wars at once and becoming weaker and weaker.

It depends. Go and play some more and see yourself.

Theo H said:
The more dense the territory they have the easier it is for the marshal to gather the army.
Since npc lords have to be within a certain range of the marshal to actually start following them.
In my game the Ravenstern sometimes use their Marshal'd army to wipe the Mystmountain army, I'm not sure if it's intended, but it's pretty badass

It´s regular standard behaviour - the amassed armies run because they estimate themselves too weak to challenge the opposing force (unless they have a large assortment of high quality troops, like 50 Ravenstern Knights and 50 Knights of the Dragon or a single lord catches a smaller spawn, the Army joins in, the earlier cowards run back to help their ally.

That´s the usual way those battles start to develop.

Back
Top Bottom