Village/City Prosperity & You

Users who are viewing this thread

After reading all the posts on the first 5 pages, scrolling through the "hit" search topics, and reading all the FAQs, I'm still confused about how prosperity/wealth works in this mod: is the prosperity of a city or village directly tied to its factions nobles' loyalty? What I mean to say is, how does the game figure out whether or not a village or city is prosperous? Because I've traded with villages all the time, and their poverty is never combated. I have a loyalty rating of about 62+ with a particular village and their prosperity is still "Unbearable" (or something to that effect). In other words, do I need to increase the "loyalty" of each and every (individual) village to, say, 80-99 to get them out of poverty? If so, this is only done through "elder quests" correct?

Sorry for the mundane not-so-mind-boggling question, but I really want my Lords to start recruiting better troops given we're at war with a country (The Danish) that owns 1/3rd of the map around us (the Teutonic Order). This is, of course, assuming that the lords always recruit using the lance system, even if we chose the traditional recruitment system. Thanks in advance for any help.

Absolutely love the mod, even if the lords themselves are semi incompetent nimwits on the campaign map. :wink:

Also, I eliminated a faction (the Danish) by capturing (and losing some to other factions) all of their fiefs; however, their nobles are still locked away in my dungeon despite their faction's destruction. What happens if I release the nobles? Do they assume their former (now destroyed) kingdom's banner and troll my people? Or do they just disappear? Or do they join the rebel faction/some other faction? Thanks again.

For village prosperity-read village improvements options and try not to get it looted often.Loyalty?It really doesn't factor.My relation with Cairo is -8 ,yet it is described as a "glittering opulent city that flaunts it wealth". My suspiscion is that its never sieged and villages near it dont get looted and it has a Manor.The main reason I tried very hard to get Cairo is it is very far from enemy territories.It's my main money maker because it has garrison of over 1400 recruits that cost only 1 or 2 denars a week.A very cheap garrison means more revenue-over 8000 a week.

I try not to keep too many Lords as prisoners.I release the honorable Lords(the ones that don't complain after being defeated) after a battle.This increases the chances of them joining our Faction after theirs is eliminated.
              I released an annoying Lord from the Mamlukes(kept him prisoner for being an ass)  after their faction is gone-never seen him again-for the best.

Ahh, this makes sense. It must be all of the other villages getting raided, maybe no caravans (or something to that effect) are making it to my villages, because any time they get attacked, I rush to ward off the attackers. It doesn't help the Teutonic order is always at war with someone.

Back
Top Bottom