[EU] Oasis - Refreshment -=- Scripts -=- Active staff -=- All about fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Episode 3 of Lorraine PW on your server in place;

Kingdom of Lorraine Persistent World #3: We will be entertained!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da6AyfbvC9Q

75% of 20 million is 15 million, still enough to single handedly fund every purchase by every player on the server for days. You'll need something more than an optional minor money sink to remove enough money to make an impact.

Every time you die you lose 1% or .5% of your bank?  Doesn't affect lower level bank accounts all that much, but it does affect the people with millions upon millions.  Would encourage more RP if people don't want to die if they lose money out of their bank.

It's the right way of thinking, affecting only veteraned players primarily. However, I wouldn't want to sacrifice server/database stability due to increasing the quantity of messages required to pass back and forth.

Nexus was developing solutions to this several years ago, and it involved basically your idea Froi except implemented by simply moving all money into character's hands with a low drop %. Reduced database message passing, increased money disappearing, doesn't hurt new players as much as veteraned, plus it doesn't outright remove the money from existence but rather requires the circumstances on the server to determine what happens.

That was at least the first step, as even if every single death resulted in a lost money bag, it wouldn't be enough to fix much of anything.

That sounds pretty interesting, and you're right that it would be pretty taxing on the server to go with my idea with no changes.

As you said, it would need to be a combination of things going on in the server to make everyone section 8 poor :smile:.

That's not really the idea either, but rather to make getting rich a matter of playing intelligently. Protecting people's money in an invincible, offsite storage account is directly counter to the core idea of PW. Making it vulnerable is the key to solving the problem. Being rich should be a matter of continually making intelligent decisions rather than simply holding F on some props for a little bit.

I had 11mill by just gathering and not even spending. I never bought anything expensive and just used recycled gear. Serf'd stuff like wood and leather etc

But I got my whole bank wiped when some twats got access, I've literally got 6k in my bank and I'm actually ok. Still playing the same way. I think people over exaggerate how they need all their money.

Mapers don't even bother with worrying about the economy, just massive castles that need to be pretty.

That being said, I don't play PW often, but I never die. Never get myself into dangerous situations or get reckless in a war. A Scorpia always survives. So I don't need money really.

chunky_monkeh said:
Atleast the lottery does shift money around ALOT.
Remember, you have a small chance of getting the money back, it divides the money over the playerbase.
Just a question, not a dig or anything. But do you mean shift as in changing hands? Because that wouldn't solve much would it? Again, just a friendly question.

As Scorpia said, if you are just shifting the money around players banks, then the same amount of money is still in circulation, just not all in one players hands, which doesn't help the situation that much.

I would advise you find a way to take the "houses cut" (or whatever it's called, I don't gamble much) so some money is always leaving the system every time you do this lottery.

Back
Top Bottom