German Translation

Users who are viewing this thread

Shadow4495

Veteran
Hey Guys,
What's up?
I have a small question. I want to translate this nice mod in German ( at first just for me, I will see ) and I need your help.
There are some words I never heared before and I also don't find them in an English dictionary. Maybe you write it wrong I don't know or its just colloquial English.
This is the text located in dialogs.csv :
Why, I'm Neko, son of Ursus, and you have delivered the gravest insult to my clan's honor! I demand your head now! You are scite! Meet me outside the town walls at noon, or you will be known as the coward you are to every man in this countryside. Good day, {knave/wench}.{***}
I mean this word : Scite ? What they mean with scite? Maybe you have another word or you can explain it for me.
It would be really nice. Thank you.
Kind regards Shadow

Ps: Its an open source project on transifex if you want to help. Feel free just PM me :smile:

scite = Scheiße = ****

Here's what I found on Merriam-Webster:

Origin of ****
Middle English *****, from Old English scite; akin to Old English -scītan to defecate
First Known Use: circa 1526

Hello Guys;

I need your help again :smile:. [Yeah I am still alive ]
What you want to say with these sentences : Good, bad luck.{***} [ in game_menus ]
Yeah Okay Good luck = Viel Glück.
                  Bad luck = Pech near **** happens.
But both ????
And before I forgett it: Maybe somone know it
In which case this sentence come attack or defence : Advance your ships to the harbor entrance, approaching and putting to flight merchant ships and other boats with defenders of the city.{***}
Thanks
Kind Regards Shadow4495

Good, bad luck. -->  Na gut, Pech gehabt.

Is this a defence or an attack sentence : Advance your ships to the harbor entrance, approaching and putting to flight merchant ships and other boats with defenders of the city.

Sounds like an attack - you move your ships to the harbor entrance and the ships with city defenders on board start to flee

Oh yeah tks I had it already. I just ignore the break (comma)  :oops:  .
I must play the Mod oftener to check the sentences than it will be easier.  :mrgreen:

For the second Question:
Thank you I will translate it like you write it. I can test it later, but I think when it is finish I will have enough testers. :mrgreen:

Hello guys again;

I hope I dont ask too much, but I want translate my part as good as I can.

Today the word is ``retainer´´

[list type=decimal]
[*]Lesser Lord's Retainer
[*]Retainer's Apprentice
[/list]

I know the meaning of this word, but i dont know what you want.
At the first it can be  a supporter / dependant  of a person of rank.
So it means the vassal or the commissionaire or the porter  :mrgreen:
The second means ( Retainer's Apprentice ) he want to learn to be a supporter of a person of rank ??
I search the common use of this word and I find that it is especially used as soldier.
So I also can translate it that he want to become a warrior  :eek:

``The gentry began to think of themselves as the men of their lord rather than of the king; individually they are known as the "retainers", and collectively as the "affinity" of the lord, among other terms.´´

Slowly i understand it  :mrgreen:

Tks
Kind Regards Shadow4495

A retainer usually means Gefolgsmann - Lesser Lord's Retainer --> Gefolgsmann eines niederen Adligen.

A retainer's apprentice is someone who is trained/is about to become a Gefolgsmann when he's old enough --> maybe 'Gefolgsmann Anwärter' could be an appropriate translation.

Often times these were the sons/relatives of retainers who were in service to the concerning lords, and this over several generations in many cases thus creating a strong bond/tradition to the specific lord or house of nobles.

For the later Medieval times it could also be translated as Lehnsmann, the ones who the lord would gather from his fiefs. But for this timeframe I think Gefolgsmann is more appropriate, as the characteristic fiefdom system, i.e. handing out land for vassalage, was not that common until around the 8th Century. A Gefolgsmann is somewhat more than a simple warrior or paid soldier in the service of a lord. As mentinoed above, a Gefolgsmann usually has strong personal ties, i.e. a stronger allegiance to the concerning lord or high-born.

Hey, guys.
I´m working with Shadow, Lee and Gimlie on the Brytenwalda German Translation. I found a line with the entry "Dena Nobleman helmet".
But i didn´t found anything on google, what "Dena" could mean. I think it is a Kingdom or an Area.

I would be pleased, if someone could help me.

Ruckelpeter said:
Hey, guys.
I´m working with Shadow, Lee and Gimlie on the Brytenwalda German Translation. I found a line with the entry "Dena Nobleman helmet".
But i didn´t found anything on google, what "Dena" could mean. I think it is a Kingdom or an Area.

I would be pleased, if someone could help me.

Old word for 'Danish' isn't it? Something like that.

@ kraggrim Thank you for yor time :mrgreen:
You are right. We found this nice : The Great Ancient Languages Dictionary by Adorno in the info_pages.csv :smile:
```Anglicised to Kern^Colne Ceaster = Colchester^Cyning = king^'D'^^Dena = Danish´´´

Kind Regards Shadow

I understand this right ??
dialogs.csv

Wes pu hal, {my lord/my lady}. I am a priest of Woden, the almighty carrier-off of the dead, which, if brave enough, forever rest by his side at the great halls of Waelcyrge. He is also the trickster god, the one-eyed one, and the leader of the Wild Hunt. Our King, Penda, claims to directly descend from Woden, an affirmation easily proven by the god's favour shown to Penda during battle and war. If you are a brave, courageous warrior, you surely do pay homage to Woden, ignoring those christian lies that plague Britannia and Hibernia.

Waelcyrge = http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/w%C3%A6lcyrge

Back
Top Bottom