Castle building

Users who are viewing this thread

rallot

Recruit
I have been playing this mod for awhile but there is one thing that still confuses me, in the listed features of the mods it promotes the manor system, and it promotes constructible castles. Are these two different features? I have acquired manors on multiple occasions and purchased all upgrades for them from the seneschal, but I am reading on the forums talk of mining-oriented manors and castles. I have read through the thread about manors but I am still confused as to whether they are the same as a constructible castle. Can anybody enlighten me on this? Thanks.

-Rallot

They are not the same. You can build a castle, if you build the manor upgrade in your village. With the manor system you can build a different kind of manor (fortified manor), it is like a village, but fully upgradeable. Building a castle is dangerous: if the enemy captures it, you will lose your village too (but not your fortified manor), and it costs a huge amount of money. But if you can not capture a castle at the moment, and you need a castle for some reason (marriage, feasts, NPC staff, sending gifts, etc) it is an useful shortcut.

One is regional manor which not gives a castle but a very small town which can give you a lot of useful stuff but costs a lot as the guy before me tells you.
Other one is the manor in the village.
Fortifying the manor in the village eventually makes a castle. Be aware, you can only build castle ones in the game.

Suggest you look at the Regional Manor thread.  All discussed in great detail about Manors (village) that can be made into castles and Regional Manors etc, etc.  It's all you need to know and more.

zajuts149 said:
Flavius Silvanus said:
How many castles can you build?

Just one, so make it count. That means, try to build it in a spot where your faction has no castles/towns nearby.

Thank you.

Lol, there goes my plan to cover the map in castles!

Here is the thing though.  Your faction will always have a town or castle nearby, or else you wouldn't be holding a village.  I am thinking that maybe build the castle from one of villages you get from the first town/castle you start your faction with?

Flavius Silvanus said:
zajuts149 said:
Flavius Silvanus said:
How many castles can you build?

Just one, so make it count. That means, try to build it in a spot where your faction has no castles/towns nearby.

Thank you.

Lol, there goes my plan to cover the map in castles!

Here is the thing though.  Your faction will always have a town or castle nearby, or else you wouldn't be holding a village.  I am thinking that maybe build the castle from one of villages you get from the first town/castle you start your faction with?

Depends. Sometimes the castles can be a way off. Only time I've built a castle so far, was with the English. I was granted Limerick, and there are no English castles very close. A couple of remote villages that are really far off, is Thorshafn and Sudreyjar. It is all relative, of course, but for instance, the Baltic is so riddled with castles, that it is hard to find a place where building a castle will greatly strengthen your strategic position over just capturing one.

I agree.  Especially if you are planning on staying with the English, the early castle build at Limerick is a great plan.

I did the same thing in one of my French campaigns at Besancon.

Back
Top Bottom