wK Mentorship Program

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shemaforash said:
KissMyAxe said:
Gelden said:
Stop trying to hijack a thread that is intended to help the community
:lol: I laughed so hard. Stop stacking one team on POM during steam sales (and otherwise), that would be help enough for the community. And I'm not hijacking -- just pointing out the hypocrisy.

And I do know quite a few members of your clan, having interacted with them for quite a bit. But, of course, you wouldn't know. As for you, I have nothing against you (except for you behaving like an obnoxious prick)

holy ****, can you be more pathetic
No point in adding more fuel into this fire, just let them sort it out someway.

WilySly said:
4-5 wK's on one team in a 50 man server = stacking?
Ha, we must be better than I thought  :razz:
I never said you were bad players, Wily.

Mok said:
What's wrong with them stacking?  Absolutely nothing.
Just to clarify, by stacking I mean playing on the same team when that team is rolling the other team (I'm saying 5 rounds won in a row with minimal casualties, or close to that). It's fine to play on the same team if the other team is balanced by another organized group. Balion used to do that often, if you remember. We still do -- but you, of course, won't notice 'cause most smurf.

Here's why stacking (as defined above) is bad. It ruins the gameplay. Even if you are a very good player, it's incredibly hard to play against an organized and skilled team when your team mates are not playing well together. I'm pretty sure I don't need to convince you, Wily, about the power of team effort in Warband, especially if that team has practiced a lot and coordinates via voice chat. Playing against the stack can be extremely frustrating even for experienced players. Imagine you are a new player and you are fighting an impossible battle which is playing against the stack. No matter how tough your will is, you would probably become frustrated very soon. As a consequence, you would either quit the game for good, or engage in unproductive behavior like teamkilling/wounding. A very small minority might persevere and try to improve, but they would still not value the team effort which is truly the deciding factor in team-based modes in this game. So, hopefully, it is clear for you that by stacking one team you are hurting the community by driving the new players away from the game.

I actually don't expect you to respond well to this criticism. I know I have brought up the same points to other clan leaders, only to be told to go **** myself. I actually expect the same response from you, because contrary to what gelden insists on, I do know most of wK members (I don't actually know gelden and cradoc, but the former has shown his true colors). Which is fine, it's your right. Just don't expect me to respect you and not call your hypocrites afterwards.
Gelden said:
KissMyAxe said:
Stop stacking one team on POM during steam sales (and otherwise), that would be help enough for the community. And
Your clan did this exact thing yesterday
If Balion was indeed stacking (playing on the same team for extended number of rounds and rolling the other team) -- that would have been sad, if true. I was not playing with them at the time, so I don't know. I'd appreciate if you PM'd me the names. Sometimes Balion stacks inadvertently. Usually, one round after realizing one or two of us switch teams. I can't confidently speak for other members, but I know that Mad Dawg and I switch teams to try and balance all the time (I have never seen any members of other clans do that, ever). I have been doing it on POM for a long time because I think that grossly unbalanced teams ruin the enjoyment from the game for both sides: it sucks to be rolled and an easy victory is not very sweet.
Gelden said:
KissMyAxe said:
(except for you behaving like an obnoxious prick)
Says it all man... at no time have I resorted to name-calling.
I apologize, I should have chosen my words more carefully. Based on the following quotes, calling you a passive-aggressive **** appears to be more accurate.
Gelden said:
Your clan did this exact thing yesterday, were you not invited to play with them?
Gelden said:
Kiss I think you could benefit a lot from this, should I sign you up for a few sessions?
And no, I am not offended -- simply amused that you are so afraid of me that you chose resort to passive aggression (as opposed to an active one).

Gelden said:
On a much beefier note, I got Troubs and Man(?)ry
who you calling beefy
mYHqxzt.jpg

Just make sure not to let Miley Cyrus get to close to this farm  or she would have two wrecking balls to deal with.

Hopefully that went far enough so we can start talking about balls  :mrgreen:

KissMyAxe said:
<****posting>

You know what's divisive and bound to drive players away from the community? A bunch of unprovoked, angry walls of text in a thread where new players might look for help. You're so incredibly off-base that it would take considerably more time to explain why your arguments are irrelevant than it would take to counter them, and even I don't think it's worth the effort to call you out for being a petty and counterproductive jackass. Nobody is "afraid" of you, you've never been a threat to anyone except when you - as a person possessing dubious mental faculties - were given an administrative position in BIT years ago. The only thing to worry about regarding you is the possibility that somebody as dumb or dumber than you might listen to & believe the **** you say.

So how about you pack up your soapbox and shuffle on out of a thread that's trying to do some good for what passes as our community?

Just as a note due to my time constraints IRL I will be limiting my Mentees to two at a time which I currently have. If you wish to request me personally send me a steam message and I'll get back to you when I'm able to help.

I plan to start doing this after S3 UNAC finals.

Thanks

Guys----I'm back. Give me some fresh meat. I will teach the following:

1) Handsomeness (fk u vinny)
2) Tardiness
3) Inactivity (while being active)
4) Infantry, maybe.

COME ON DOWN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom