Raging

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I am on day 770 at the moment and I am about to rage quite.  I have been at war for about 50 days with one faction and they WON'T take peace.  I have 65 RtR, I have taken 3 castles and a town from them, slaughtered their armies, and yet they still won't surrender.  I have been releasing them for the honor and rep, but now I am pissed because they are all regrown and I don't have the time to rebuild before they attack in mass.  I defeat thousands of them, but still won't accept peace.  is there anyway to get them to short of cheating?  What must I do to get a dang peace treaty signed?

Here's what I put in the QA thread:

Basically you're to weak to them since you have not that many officers.  You need to get more, also for the AI it doesn't make sense for you to ask for peace when you're destroying them.  I had the same problem, was fighting a three front war and destroying them all, but needed a break.  Once I took another castle, and got lucky to recruit one of Sarleon's Lords who owned a castle, they asked for peace, then the Feirds weren't far behind that.  My advice is try to get more, the capture and ask them method works well if they are over 15, and stop asking for peace, itll happen eventually.

Also bulk up your castles/town with as much low income troops as you can, recruits, bandits, whatever.  The AI goes by number, not type of troops, so the bigger the garrison the stronger you look.

You might also stop releasing them.  The more Lords you capture and hold prisoner, the less they can field against you and the weaker they are compared to you.  Also capturing and then recruiting the Lords works almost all the time if they are over 15 reputation

So, I cant seem to get anyone to join me.  Even at +30 relations after I capture them, they have no option to join me.  That means I cannot get bigger and stronger as a nation.  Holding them means losing honor as I deny their ransom which stinks quite a bit.  Still, I guess at least I have a clue what to do.  Can't get to many people in my castles because my towns are often looted since I need to focus on defending sieges instead of protecting fiefs.

Do you have free fiefs?  You can't recruit anyone without a free fief.  Search the map and free large prisoner stacks, no matter what it is and stuff them into your holds.

You need to get your charisma and persuasion up. The higher those are the better your shots are at getting them to turn. also, try and find lords that have conflicts with other lords or with their liege, as that will increase your shot of turning them also.

22 CHA, 7 persuasion I thought was decent.  Guess that is my new focus.  But yes, I have tons of fiefs of my own, unless those don't count as being free?

Whitestrake said:
You need to get your charisma and persuasion up. The higher those are the better your shots are at getting them to turn. also, try and find lords that have conflicts with other lords or with their liege, as that will increase your shot of turning them also.
Is there an easy way to figure this out?  And since I need to capture them before I turn them, don't I still need really high relations?

You need to have an uassigned fief, I think, in order to recruit lords from the prisoner dialogue.

Apart from that: capture and imprison their kings and marshals. That will bring their campaign to a dead-stop and they will usually vie for peace quickly.

Can I unassign my fiefs? And I had a lord who said he likes my kingdom a lot (in brackets) but no option to join. So hoping I can get him to join otherwise I back stepped so much that I am sad and hopeless... :sad:

Unassigning fiefs is not possible, you can only lose the respective castle or town and then reconquer it. You should also still be able to recruit lords by the standard persuasion dialogue.

Assign them to yourself for more monies, you can give them to Lords later on via your minister.

Also if you don't have Lords you can always promote companions, Alistair & Roland are beasts as Lords.

Hunt down every enemy lord. Accept no ransom. Take their cities and castles one by one, while they are defenseless. Only when the enemy is destroyed can there be any peace.

Yup, started going around and getting companions I don't use, leveling then and promoting. And I knew I could hand then out from my minister, but that doesn't count as being free I suppose since even those who like my kingdom when I capture won't join me. But I got peace after capturing a bunch of them, so now I can try normal recruiting again.

And I would have loved to keep the war going if I could have gotten a single lord who had 30 some relations to actually convert.

Well the key to converting them so to say is to be friends with them. You just have to capture them and talk to them in your party screen, then they will offer you an option to ranson them for money or to serve you as a vassal given that they admire your kingdom and have good relations with you.
Of course, capturing lords that have castles or towns as their fiefs is more prudent since there is a chance that they will bring their fiefs with them. That's how I conquered the majority of Pendor in my playthrough, I had lots of luck.

shoshuro said:
Assign them to yourself for more monies, you can give them to Lords later on via your minister.

Also if you don't have Lords you can always promote companions, Alistair & Roland are beasts as Lords.

Do self owned fief's count as 'free' for the purposes of prisoner dialogue recruitment?

Back
Top Bottom