Lords of the Fierdsvain having girl names

Users who are viewing this thread

ericmyrs

Regular
Ragnbjorg and Sigrun are female names.

This has been bugging me for quite a while.
Almost to the point that I'd been tempted to meddle with the occult.
This might be intentional, but I highly doubt it.

This can easily be fixed by using the male forms of the same names, Sigurd and Ragnar/Ragnvald

I also don't much like Vigdus. It's not a real name, and it sounds strange (Vigdis is, but that is a female name).
There are plenty of better Norse names. You seem to have gone with the more Norwegian/English names, and not any Swede or Danish ones, so I'll drop some suggestions. 

Erik (yay), Karl, Tormund, Sveinung, Harald, Håkon, Øystein, Magnus, Erling, Halvdan (the black), Knut, Trygve.

Also, my cousin is a Viking age Historian, so if you (the devs) have any questions about anything Viking related, I can get you the answer.
Also, Earl and Jarl is the same thing. Earl is just the english word for Jarl.

This has been brought up before, already, and it seems the devs do not really care. Although I share your opinion on this, the point is that (sadly) most people do not know or see the difference and hence don't care about it.

I gotta admit, this bugs me as well. I think there was an occult topic way back that told how you could change those to women, but I forget which it was. I'm gonna go look for it, if I find it I'll repost it here. EDIT- NVM, the guy that gave instructions removed them.... wish I remembered so I could update my current game as last patch reset everything....

Whitestrake said:
I gotta admit, this bugs me as well. I think there was an occult topic way back that told how you could change those to women, but I forget which it was. I'm gonna go look for it, if I find it I'll repost it here. EDIT- NVM, the guy that gave instructions removed them.... wish I remembered so I could update my current game as last patch reset everything....
I'm pretty sure you can edit this pretty easily with Morgh's.

Just change their armor to some female Plate, and change them to women. Of course, you'll still call them "Sir" while talking, so it'd be easier for a perfectionist to just change their names to the male equivalent.

The devs were clueless about this as they were not Scandinavians. Those names were reported before, and it seems the best way to remedy the situation is to make those lords female.

fidoman1272 said:
Whitestrake said:
I'm pretty sure you can edit this pretty easily with Morgh's.

Just change their armor to some female Plate, and change them to women. Of course, you'll still call them "Sir" while talking, so it'd be easier for a perfectionist to just change their names to the male equivalent.
Well, technically, in medieval times if a female (though VERY rare) obtained a title like that of knight (during the time when being a Knight no longer involved combat, but was used as a honorific title or of lower nobility) or something similar, sometimes they would still be called Sir, or Ser in some cases. So it could still fit depending on your outlook of the situation.

MadVader said:
The devs were clueless about this as they were not Scandinavians. Those names were reported before, and it seems the best way to remedy the situation is to make those lords female.
It would be nice to see a few female lords in the the faction that offers female noble recruits.

Filou said:
It would be nice to see a few female lords in the the faction that offers female noble recruits.
I agree, if there can be female claimants why shouldn't there be lords, it would also be interesting to be able to marry a female lord that has her own army and castle

MadVader said:

Well that would work too. Renaming them should be less fussthough. Only refactoring two variables versus rebuilding two characters.
Still, if you want female lords, it shouldn't be much of a job to incorporate it into 3.7, or even a 3.612 minipatch. I suspect creating a small patch is more work. 

Back
Top Bottom