Question about bullet fall

Users who are viewing this thread

BlackNight55 said:
I was wondering how much bullet falls every 1 meter :smile:
Aproximatly.....

From what I have heard, there is no bullet drop.
When you shoot with your musket, two bullets come out from your musket.
The first one, the one wich kills and doesn't have a bullet fall (at least that's what I've been told by lot of people, but haven't verified this info by myself).
And, the second one, an invisible bullet having a bullet fall for visual effect.

So, to answer your question, if my sources are trustworthy, no, there is no bullet drop.

Bullet randomization. It can go anywhere, usually always more down. But I've seen and with the Tracer mod, bullets go straight and curve up and out of the map...so its just luck with any firearm.

Some seem lucky, they aim straight on from anywhere and hit their targets. Others cant even hit the ground lol

There is bullet drop, it was confirmed by the devs.  They used the code from Warband for xbows and increased the acceleration a lot.  There is also a random chance that the bullet will travel in a different direction then you're aiming, which is why so many people think its all chance.

Still not convinced there is bullet drop?  Firing from the top of a hill will increase the range of your shot, firing from the bottom will lower it.  Explain that.

As for where you should aim, if the target is anywhere within a reasonable range I always go for center mass. That way if you're off a little high or low, you still might get a hit.

Sure, here you go:  http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=9743.msg347908#msg347908
There was an older quote that talked about reusing the xbow code, but this one works.

edit: Can't say I agree with him that shooting with a musket is 'pure luck', its a factor for sure though.

Helz said:
Sure, here you go:  http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=9743.msg347908#msg347908
There was an older quote that talked about reusing the xbow code, but this one works.

edit: Can't say I agree with him that shooting with a musket is 'pure luck', its a factor for sure though.

Yeah, I think that was just a bad word choice saying "pure luck". There is a degree of inaccuracy when shooting a musket where luck plays a small part.

He did say that the random function is not that great, so if you can follow your shot just assume that the next will be seeded with the same inaccuracy. That last part, of course, is contingent on what he said being true though.

Im 100% sure there is bullet drop, u can test it. Just go out in an open field with a pistol and aim and fire it, and u will see when it hits the ground a small cloud of dust appears for a few seconds, then if you aim at 30 degrees higher u will see the bullet hitting the ground much farther. I do that a lot on the bot server. If there is an army of bots coming our way I aim the pistol as much as 50 degrees higher and almost always get a kill or headshot, or atleast wounding them. Not many know this trick. Its just like a bow and arrow only the pistol is way way worse! If u shoot arrows at 40 degrees it goes to the other side of the field but with pistols it goes as far like 20 meters!

Now with muskets its the same but more accuracy and greater range. You can hear your commanders in line battles telling u to aim above their heads because most of the times people fire over large fields. Now this of coarse has nothing to do with real napoleonic warfare as men then fired at much closer range( and had no aimer ), but NW line battles arent comprised of thousands of men, only a few, were every man counts and bot commanders have their men fire over large distances as they hope to get lucky and kill others to prevent them from engaging in melee. these are survival tactics of mount and blade.
Anyway even if they tell u to aim above their heads, you may do that if the enemy isnt that far away but if he is then that is not enough. Sometimes you have to aim a tiny bit higher more than that. You basically have to use instinct. I remember in a line battle our commander said aim above their heads but I judged differently, used instinct and hoped for luck, and got two kills in a row while everyone else missed and everyone started asking me where I was shooting. You sometimes need to use eagle vision and try to spot the clouds of dust on the ground, if the bullets hit in front of the enemy's feet that is. Come to think of it I dont think its very bright of commanders telling people where to aim, its good if the people are new and dont know how to aim at all( which is why they do it), but if they happen to be wrong then they make an entire volley miss.
Now of coarse I didnt mention inaccuracy. What happened in that linebattle was lucky, but most of the times I miss just like everyone else, especially if Im very unluky, tired from the day or my intincts are down. The thing about the inaccuracy though is DO NOT trust the reticircle. It deceives people into thinking that the bullet flies within its boundaries but that is completely wrong. Once I fired with a musket at two bots coming straight at me and I fired at the middle guy but killed the bot on my right who was way way outside the aimer and at very close range too. And this hasnt just happened once but countless times. From what I understand some shots are made to miss on purpose by flying to kingdom come, just like when you fire at a player's face while hes charging at you and somehow u miss and he stabs you in the face instead. But other times u see the bullet going at a 100% clean straight path through the enemy at long range. There is alot of gambling with firearms, better get used to to it.
I dont know anything about how the game was made, what the developers say, about two bullets one invisible and one real, or that they fly up towards the sky, but Ive been playing this game for many years and this is what Ive understood from experience.I hope I was helpful:smile:

P.S. : Water works in a similar way but dont ask me about it, its still confuses me sometimes.

P.P.S.: the reason why u may fire at an enemy's face and miss, Ive actually discovered it recently, by playing full invasion 2 where u use WW2 machine guns or Star Wars blasters were u see bullets or lasers coming out not from the end of the barrel but a bit before it, so if u fire at an enemy's head while he's touching or being a few centimeters inside the gun barrel you kill him for sure. But of coarse dont try that NW cause u will get stabbed if u wait too long:razz:

Back
Top Bottom