SP Musket Era WFaS Enhanced Unofficial 1.86a

Users who are viewing this thread

Upd. Few fixes (minimap, zamoshye...). Starting formations for player units as in native, more money to merchants. Note: For giving orders to form rows from backspace menu you need to cancel additional formation before.
Upd. Some fixes, you can train NPCs in the academy without limit, added opportunity to siege by your command.
Upd. Fixed orders, some additions.

Upd. Difficulty settings fixed, added "recommended" level of difficulty.

itruvor, карта из оригинального мода, я только украшательства добавил. Мод и сабмод фэнтезийные - считайте, что альтернативная история :smile:.

YourStepDad, nothing serious. Main - if looters, brigands or bandits parties growth in size (by merging together), they have chance to establish camp of "organized criminals" with stronger combat skills.  Camps will produce new members until you destroy it. 1.85 version with fix for it :smile:. Custom parties must be enabled. Also random events will work only if custom parties is "on".

Would it be able to make the textures optional? They've been causing some serious slowdown for me in the big fights and I never had any issues back with Enhanced 1.75.

Another issue is on the world map everything is at like 500x speed; not the actual travel speeds (like "Moving at 6.7" speed) but the actual movement of all the units is waaaay too fast. I end up getting attacked by huge bandits before I even get the chance to click away from them. Only thing I've been able to do atm is to click on the map in short distances to avoid being caught off-guard.

You can change map speed in module.ini (module folder) - "time_multiplier" string. Original speed = 0.25.
Additional combat scripts, PL elements and fog affect speed of fights also. I will not make textures as optional download (and you can't simply rewrite most of  them with original ones - will be bugs), to improve FPS you can try to reduce grass (game options) and disable coloured fog (camp - mod options), also if "better blocking" for troops is on, you can try to disable it.

SendMeSmile said:
You can change map speed in module.ini (module folder) - "time_multiplier" string. Original speed = 0.25.
Additional combat scripts, PL elements and fog affect speed of fights also. I will not make textures as optional download (and you can't simply rewrite most of  them with original ones - will be bugs), to improve FPS you can try to reduce grass (game options) and disable coloured fog (camp - mod options), also if "better blocking" for troops is on, you can try to disable it.

Sweet. Thanks for the map string.

I haven't tried disabling coloured fog yet, but if all of that doesn't help; there's nothing I can do to disable the HDR textures you put in? I'd hate to go back to 1.75 or... shudder, vanilla Native.

There is no special textures. Textures have same size as original, but for some models two textures used instead one and this is can reduce FPS a little bit in battles with these models (mostly sweden units, some of them). If you mean skies, they have special effect just like vanilla skies and when you turn HDR switch "on" in game options they are not dissapear (as in my previous "small tweak" for this mod), also HDR settings was changed, but there is no changes, which can decrease frame rate. You can't disable new textures simply.

Disabling the coloured fog helped for awhile until I started hitting battle size limit; even reducing from 150 to 50 didn't make a huge change. I think it's mainly due to fielding advanced units and fighting advanced units rather than just simple bandits and such.

Like I said before, no issues with 1.75 but now having issues in mid-game large fights.

Well, additional combat scripts (when you fighting with advanced units will be more of this), PL elements affect speed of fights too. Also I had some problems with older videocard driver, but if in 1.75 or vanilla you have no such issues, i can't give you another advice, than to reduce graphic settings. Submod work fast enough comparing with WB mods, i don't see big difference at speed between 1.75 and submod, so this all i can help.

Heh, I'm a special case; my computer is not a gaming rig at all. Already had everything on low for Native and looks ugly as hell but it runs smoothly for the most part (sometimes a quick chug or two when lots of particle effects are on screen [like couple of grenades going off or a huge firing line with the smoke]).

Oh well, it was worth a try at least.

Hello lads! Sorry for doubling the post...
First of all - thanks to the team for a great mod.
A small question - if someone can help.
Is there a possibility to add/modify the equipment of the custom troops in game - without modding?
I would like to equip my kingdom troops in german style. Also pikemen look better in shoes and stocklings for me :eek:
Appreciate answer in advance.
:roll:

Why on earth has the gun damage been nerfed?

It takes 2 to 3 well aimed shots to kill a man at point blank range. It's ridiculous.

Stop meddling with stuff that worked well and was not broken in the first place. Thank you.

YourStepDad, guns damage and speed exactly as in original WFaS.
Ruina, there is no way to modify equipment of custom troops without using of module system. But this task is not difficult (maybe a bit harder than using editors), so if you wish to try send PM for me.

How can I start the story quest ? I found that atfer I finished the special mission, there is no option to start the quest "The Deluge" when talking to lords.

Back
Top Bottom