House of Sturlungaöld

Users who are viewing this thread

Sturlungaöld

W9Y6FM2.png

The Age of Sturlung or Sturlung Era (Icelandic: Sturlungaöld) was a period of 42-44 years of infighting that took place in Iceland in the mid-thirteenth century. It was the bloodiest and most violent moment in the history of Iceland and is found mainly in the Sturlunga documented saga.

It is a period marked by constant squabbles between powerful warlords Icelanders, the goðar who negotiated alliances and numbered supporters for battle. The Sturlung was the most powerful clan in the island at that time. At the end of its domain, the Icelandic Commonwealth ceased to exist and Iceland became a vassal territory of Norway.

Usually historians agree in 1220 as the first year of Sturlungaöld, although some point shortly before the Battle of Víðines. Causes basically focused poderpor accumulation of a few leaders, which led to a particularly virulent after 1240 constant clashes between 1230 and 1260.​

Rank

Jarl:

Thordur

Bearers:

Hauskarl:

Berserker:

Lidi:

-Wulfgar

-Conan

-Axell

-Ottar

-Kolbeinn

-Eiliv

-Elf-waher

-Gunnar

-Krystyn

-Modig

-Styrbjorn

-Grim

-Ingvar

-Karlfosn

Skyti:

-Rulwo

-Olaf​

viking_by_sigbjornpedersen-d4h5meu.jpg

My Steam: Hispano ®

Hispanicus said:
Thank you very much gentlemen, I would like to contact the people who organize the events of Sunday, a pleasure  :grin:

You'll want this thread, then: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,272650.0.html
But the shield wall events are no longer sign up and nor do you lead your clan if you're wondering. One leader per team, but it's all great fun.

Maybe this other Wulfgar could change his name to Ulfgeirr to avoid confusion (and also just to have a location-appropriate name). Nothing big, just a suggestion.

Welcome to Víkingr and good luck!

I'd suggest changing the clan name to Sturlungar, since the Sturlungaöld is anything between 160 and 300 years after the period this mod covers, but I don't want to give unsolicited advice so if you want help to make your clan more historical just say so. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom