Expectations of the Administration

Users who are viewing this thread

While I would simply have posed this question within the suggestions thread, I believe that it is worth starting a separate thread to gauge the variety of things that are expected of the organizers of UNAC by individuals, and determine with this information how to both understand the issues some people may have, and work to improve the structure of the league. Due to the large amount of potential answers, a simple format for responses would be adequate.

Code:
What are your expectations of the UNAC organizers?:

On what issues have the UNAC organizers met your expectations?:

On what issues have the UNAC organizers failed to meet your expectations?:

What is your solution to these failed expectations?:

What are your expectations of the UNAC organizers?: Development of an organized and well-written set of rules that is open to revision at all times within reason, encouragement of suggestions regarding rule revisions at all times and open-mindedness regarding these suggestions, impartial and timely resolution of conflicts within the scope of the tournament, willingness to engage in earnest discussion, active fulfillment for all admins of their responsibilities as referees and as "judges" in disputes, openness to critique, and absolute transparency in the processes of rule revision and dispute resolution.

On what issues have the UNAC organizers met your expectations?: ****ed if I know, I'm not participating in the tournament. A bunch of teams haven't bailed out yet, right? That's good, I guess.

On what issues have the UNAC organizers failed to meet your expectations?: Lack of transparency. It seems like many decisions and rulings are made in private conversations on Teamspeak or Steam, then posted on the forums with insufficient explanation or reasoning.

There may be others, but as I said, I haven't been participating. This is one I noticed before the season even started.

What is your solution to these failed expectations?: Change of attitude. I recall earlier in the tournament that some individuals thought the forum wasn't a viable medium for discussion because "most people didn't check it." Aside from the lack of any actual evidence to this claim, it's important to realize that the forum is the one place where a discussion can be held in the open, accessible by all tournament participants at all times, and can be referred back to directly at a later date. All important decisions and tournament-related discussions should be held here so that all tournament participants can witness and/or take part in them.

No, infact it's the best time. How are you supposed to gauge the actions of the admins if they've had no time to act? Simply reading the questions should answer your quandary.

What are your expectations of the UNAC organizers?:
Read my posts, don't insult me.

On what issues have the UNAC organizers met your expectations?:
Neither of them.

On what issues have the UNAC organizers failed to meet your expectations?:
Both of them.

What is your solution to these failed expectations?:
New Admins!

I can only imagine why people don't...

"**** you we're speccing anyway."

copious amounts of bull**** going on DURING THE MATCH,

basic human kindness, respect

lot of drama

Also consider that this community has once shunned a member of wK for entering a UNAC match and banning the players who were participating in the match.

is just common ****ing human courtesy, why is there another rule that says "you're allowed to ban spectators but we can let anyone watch if we want to anyway."
I FINALLY got what seemed to be an official response from Cradoc which was:
"Streaming promotes warband and is educational" (paraphrased the educational bit, can't remember the words.)

To that response, which was clearly made up on the spot

wK still knows that we suck at Snowy Village.

It doesn't matter if Zaffa goes "oh well I guess you were right they're not allowed to spec anymore just like it says in my ****ty rules

This argument is irrelevant on every level.

So, to recap that first bit:
The issue is the attitude of the wk spectators, who put their wants above common courtesy, respect for the players and wishes of the players participating in the match.

The SECOND issue is that there were about a million and 3 members of our "administration" team who sat around and did ****ing nothing the whole time.

Arys was there and was intending on refereeing. We were told vinnypooh would come and referee.

Zaffa of course was there. As "head admin" or whatever the **** he thinks he is

Zaffa, the head****er

As the head****erinchargeof****ingupmappicks or whatever his title is

I can't blame wk spectators for being self-centered pricks without any regard for other people.

I can't blame them for the fact that this community has slowly lost all regard for their fellow players

blame the tournament admins for ****ing up at every turn of this tournaemnt.

constantly disrespected the entire TMW clan.

****-show

egos and our self-righteous whims

really stupid

****ing (multiple times)

Bull**** (multiple times)

Would like to suggest something to you, if you're trying to somehow be superior than the admins on the scale of professionalism, you should:

ArgumentforArgumentsSake said:
If you want to know what it looks like to make a fool of yourself,

read your own posts.

It's a shame too, because you could have gained some real ground on the issues you invoke if you held yourself to the same standards you put on others.

RoBo_CoP said:
I can only imagine why people don't...

"**** you we're speccing anyway."

copious amounts of bull**** going on DURING THE MATCH,

basic human kindness, respect

lot of drama

Also consider that this community has once shunned a member of wK for entering a UNAC match and banning the players who were participating in the match.

is just common ******** human courtesy, why is there another rule that says "you're allowed to ban spectators but we can let anyone watch if we want to anyway."
I FINALLY got what seemed to be an official response from Cradoc which was:
"Streaming promotes warband and is educational" (paraphrased the educational bit, can't remember the words.)

To that response, which was clearly made up on the spot

wK still knows that we suck at Snowy Village.

It doesn't matter if Zaffa goes "oh well I guess you were right they're not allowed to spec anymore just like it says in my ****ty rules

This argument is irrelevant on every level.

So, to recap that first bit:
The issue is the attitude of the wk spectators, who put their wants above common courtesy, respect for the players and wishes of the players participating in the match.

The SECOND issue is that there were about a million and 3 members of our "administration" team who sat around and did ******** nothing the whole time.

Arys was there and was intending on refereeing. We were told vinnypooh would come and referee.

Zaffa of course was there. As "head admin" or whatever the **** he thinks he is

Zaffa, the head****er

As the head****erinchargeof****ingupmappicks or whatever his title is

I can't blame wk spectators for being self-centered pricks without any regard for other people.

I can't blame them for the fact that this community has slowly lost all regard for their fellow players

blame the tournament admins for ******** up at every turn of this tournaemnt.

constantly disrespected the entire TMW clan.

****-show

egos and our self-righteous whims

really stupid

******** (multiple times)

Bull**** (multiple times)

Would like to suggest something to you, if you're trying to somehow be superior than the admins on the scale of professionalism, you should:

ArgumentforArgumentsSake said:
If you want to know what it looks like to make a fool of yourself,

read your own posts.

It's a shame too, because you could have gained some real ground on the issues you invoke if you held yourself to the same standards you put on others.

To be fair, pretty much all of those except the ones related to Zaffa are perfectly legitimate.

Back
Top Bottom