• Perisno is like an add on/DLC and is a cross between the previous 2

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • you dont know

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

sam elmo

Recruit
2 things number 1 is if you put your mod on steam workshop then you will get thousands more downloads atleast maybe hundreds of thousands because everyone buys MandB off of steam and with workshop people can go there press subscribe and get your mod

number 2 for MandB2 create an add on or standalone if you can so you can earn money and charge like seven dollars and make a huge profit so you can create minor faction quests and help turn them into a faction and make perisno a little bit bigger and alot more dense

Thanks for your time by

sam elmo said:
sorry its just i really really really want that to happen sorry about that Lord of Shadows
I will consider it mate. I need a good day where my internet is fast so i can actually attempt to upload the mod. But If i decide to do so it won't be before we release 0.7

But I am really curious why you want it on there so bad? Can you explain?

You have spammed about this so much.. only problem is it'll be a ***** to upload to the workshop as the workshop is still in beta for warband... and plus i do believe there is a limit to the amount of mbs you can upload which perisno i believe excedes the max..
EDIT: alright i did some digging and yeah.... in order to upload you will need the steam beta files.. you will need the the mod in .zip format.. a 512x512 image thumbnail and etc. if a dev wants to know how to do it pm me or if you have steam add [HT]BA_Firestorm on steam... oh and about the poll... having perisno as a standalone is a big big task that puts tons of pressure on the mod team.. you gotta work on marketing, timing out when each patch will be released, finding where to sell it, the price of it, etc.. theres an entire science behind it... and from the way you are saying you want the land of perisno to expand massively which is the problem.. i think we all know how the warband engine is beyond outdated and is decently crappy... mods with huge maps put stress on the engine that was never made to withstand it.. i like how you are thinking but you are thinking to big.. a game rushed tends to fall apart, a game that is developed very very slow will lose all the hype on it losing sales and players... either way everything is the devs choice and you should respect that.. sorry for making you read this wall of text guys  :lol: :lol:

The file size restriction will make thing complex.

Unless you can upload it in multiple parts I don't know if it can happen.

I am pretty much retarded the past 2 months i have been trying to download perisno mod i have winrar i never have had a mod work for me unless i use steam and one time several months ago i managed ACOK so yea im an idiot when it comes to this and i showed my friend ACOK and he asked me if i could download a mod called perisno for him and i honsestly dont know how and ive sunc like 12 hours into messing with stuff to try and get it to work over this time and not including download times and the only way i experience perisno is by watching youtubers like surreal reformist VMP and redwantscandy and i have really started trying to do everything i could to get it but nothing to get mods has ever worked for me besides steam sorry for rambling btw

Modder223 said:
You have spammed about this so much.. only problem is it'll be a ***** to upload to the workshop as the workshop is still in beta for warband... and plus i do believe there is a limit to the amount of mbs you can upload which perisno i believe excedes the max..
EDIT: alright i did some digging and yeah.... in order to upload you will need the steam beta files.. you will need the the mod in .zip format.. a 512x512 image thumbnail and etc. if a dev wants to know how to do it pm me or if you have steam add [HT]BA_Firestorm on steam... oh and about the poll... having perisno as a standalone is a big big task that puts tons of pressure on the mod team.. you gotta work on marketing, timing out when each patch will be released, finding where to sell it, the price of it, etc.. theres an entire science behind it... and from the way you are saying you want the land of perisno to expand massively which is the problem.. i think we all know how the warband engine is beyond outdated and is decently crappy... mods with huge maps put stress on the engine that was never made to withstand it.. i like how you are thinking but you are thinking to big.. a game rushed tends to fall apart, a game that is developed very very slow will lose all the hype on it losing sales and players... either way everything is the devs choice and you should respect that.. sorry for making you read this wall of text guys  :lol: :lol:

sorry about being a *****

why do i think you are trolling?...., i wonder

on modb you got the full archive of 0.6,  which you have to un-archive with 7zip/winrar in the Modules folder in M&B Warband install folder.

(note: in modules folder, the contents of 0.6 archive need to be in 1 folder named perisno - usualy your archive program takes care of that)

then you got 0.61 patch and 0.611 hotfix which you un-archive in the perisno mod folder, which you un-archived previously.

note: my 3 and a half year old sister can open the computer herself, open up KMplayer and play kid videos in her playlist, you not figuring out how to download a mod for M&B i found very unlikely (I think you can even find video-tutorials on youtube about it), that is unless you don`t want to put even the least of effort.

i mean the time which took you to spam this forum with the steam thingy, could have been used to learn how to download and install the mod  :???:

Alex the Seeker said:

on modb you got the full archive of 0.6,  which you have to un-archive with 7zip/winrar in the Modules folder in M&B Warband install folder...

I didn't like winrar or 7zip as they were paid programs.  Instead, I used this with success:
http://www.philipp-winterberg.com/software/free_rar_extract_frog.php

that worked well for me, was free, and didnt put a bunch of ads unlike some so-called "free" programs.

As for _the OP_ being clueless with a PC, that's a seperate issue entirely.  Assuming (he) just needs a nudge without a credit card, try that...

gsanders said:
Alex the Seeker said:

on modb you got the full archive of 0.6,  which you have to un-archive with 7zip/winrar in the Modules folder in M&B Warband install folder...

I didn't like winrar or 7zip as they were paid programs.  Instead, I used this with success:
http://www.philipp-winterberg.com/software/free_rar_extract_frog.php

that worked well for me, was free, and didnt put a bunch of ads unlike some so-called "free" programs.

As for being clueless with a PC, that's a seperate issue entirely.  Assuming you just need a nudge without a credit card, try that...

dude 7zip and winrar are free -.-  and widely used ones at that.

and it is not about being clueless about a pc, it is just lazyness since it is not rocket science to unarchive 3 archives in a set directory and as i said there are alot of guides and tutorials on internet on how to do it, some are even made specificaly for mount & blade.

but this dude here just spammed the forums, and as i said the time he spammed he could have  read a tutorial/guide, follow it, and still it would have taken less time than he used to spam.

but people these days sure expect everything to be handed to them on a silver platter, with no effort what so ever on their part  :wink:

sam elmo said:
I am pretty much retarded the past 2 months i have been trying to download perisno mod i have winrar i never have had a mod work for me unless i use steam and one time several months ago i managed ACOK so yea im an idiot when it comes to this and i showed my friend ACOK and he asked me if i could download a mod called perisno for him and i honsestly dont know how and ive sunc like 12 hours into messing with stuff to try and get it to work over this time and not including download times and the only way i experience perisno is by watching youtubers like surreal reformist VMP and redwantscandy and i have really started trying to do everything i could to get it but nothing to get mods has ever worked for me besides steam sorry for rambling btw
Allright.... :smile:
go for it

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+download+a+warband+mod

Michadr said:
sam elmo said:
Allright.... :smile:
go for it

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+download+a+warband+mod
i could also create a steam group for all the steam users to communicate with them all the news news and such... i'll start downloading the beta files needed to upload perisno... if i get everything ready it should be up tomorrow hopefully... i will need a 512x512 image.. and the only problem i forsee is this zip_file - This is the file name of the zipped module you have prepared. Make sure to include the ".zip" file extension (e.g. "mysteammod.zip"). NOTE: The zip filesize is currently limited to 200mb. Name can be no longer than 260 characters in UTF8 encoding.

Well there is a free version and a paid version. I am not sure of the difference but I know that I never had to buy it for it to do it's work. :razz:

T.L.S. said:
dude 7zip and winrar are free
WinRAR is not free, only 40 days trial. But 7z is completely free.
This is true... but I got full versions for both when i bought windows 8 so yeah...

T.L.S. said:
dude 7zip and winrar are free
WinRAR is not free, only 40 days trial. But 7z is completely free.

yeah you sometimes get a window that you close, and bam winrar works -.-

7zip the same -.-

but this whole thing about archive programs is irrelevant, since the whole point was this dude spamming the forums instead of even trying to learn how to download and install the mod.  :neutral:

today is so damn easy to learn stuff with the internet, when i first got a PC i didn`t had net, i had to learn all the stuff i know from windows installing to cleaning my pc, to progams, viruses etc., on my own through trial and error, and through info from friends that was not always reliable.

sorry if  my post towards this subject apears rude, but comparing how i had to go through stuff because the info was not available, and this dude who can just type a few words use google and bam you got you detailed guide, it makes me annoyed at the lazynes.

I should have perisno up on the steam workshop in the next couple of hours maybe less.. depends on how fast i can find an image to use/ get the ini file set up

Back
Top Bottom