Similar mods to PoP

Users who are viewing this thread

Rezialn

Recruit
Hello everybody.

It's starting to look like I'll be finished with PoP by the end of this week. Does anyone have a suggestion for a similar mod I should play next?

Are there any other mods with the same depth of minor factions (I.e. unique spawns and relations)?

Jeames said:
Are there any other mods with the same depth of minor factions (I.e. unique spawns and relations)?
Not even close, in my experience.

If it were me, I'd just start PoP again and play as the all-mighty Sarleon! All hail Ulric!

Once you PoP you can´t stop and worst of all, you´re totally spoiled for other mods.

Thats one of the reasons why it´s explicitly advertised for experienced players only. Players who already toyed around with a few other mods before because afterwards you´re spoiled and annoyed because everything else feels so thin, even if it´s well done.

Thats at least my biased opinion and observation.

On the other hand, finally a new Dwarf Fortress update was released.  :mrgreen:

noosers said:
Once you PoP you can´t stop and worst of all, you´re totally spoiled for other mods.

Thats one of the reasons why it´s explicitly advertised for experienced players only. Players who already toyed around with a few other mods before because afterwards you´re spoiled and annoyed because everything else feels so thin, even if it´s well done.

Thats at least my biased opinion and observation.

On the other hand, finally a new Dwarf Fortress update was released.  :mrgreen:

So true. I have tried other mods after really getting into PoP, and nothing can compare to the depth and difficulty of PoP. Kinda like what happened after I played a few games of Dark Souls. Just play a different style of PoP, or meddle with the occult some

I agree with most other posters that PoP has such in-depth gameplay it can be considered unique. But, I might suggest playing Diplomacy +PBO as an alternative. Pre-battle-Orders really make gameplay a lot more interesting and the Diplomacy is just great. I have not tried Floris but that might be a good option too as the troop trees are very complex I hear and it incorporates Diplomacy + PBO I believe.

@  up
Well, Silverstag has all these features, and generally it's the most advanced mod in polishing and adding new game mechanics, that is still well optimized and quite lightweight like PoP.

HUtH said:
@  up
Well, Silverstag has all these features, and generally it's the most advanced mod in polishing and adding new game mechanics, that is still well optimized and quite lightweight like PoP.

It seems cool.  One thing I find difficult is going back to the native locations after PoP, especially since I had it locked down how to easily win anything in any of the Native location mods.

Back
Top Bottom