Is this PC good for the expanded version?

Users who are viewing this thread

286xp94.png

I don't have much experience with texture mods and how much tougher is the strain compared to their vanilla's counterparts, so I have no idea how much it's going to impact my performance (so far I'm using a mix of medium and high settings). I have internet problems these days, so if possible I'd rather not download both the Expanded AND the gameplay to try them out.
Also, in this section the mod's main page says Floris Mod is not compatible at all with Native saves, but the wiki changelog doesn't say anything of sort, how is it then?
Last thing, I've probably glanced over it, but a confirm about this mod being compatible with the last 1.158 version would be very nice :smile:
Thanks in advance.

cloudropis said:
I don't have much experience with texture mods and how much tougher is the strain compared to their vanilla's counterparts, so I have no idea how much it's going to impact my performance (so far I'm using a mix of medium and high settings). I have internet problems these days, so if possible I'd rather not download both the Expanded AND the gameplay to try them out.
If you want to only download one and be sure it will run based on the specifications given then I'd recommend downloading the Gameplay version.

Also, in this section the mod's main page says Floris Mod is not compatible at all with Native saves, but the wiki changelog doesn't say anything of sort, how is it then?
Bringing a native save game into Floris will cause all kinds of amusing glitches.  We left behind native save compatibility during the 2.5 update.

Last thing, I've probably glanced over it, but a confirm about this mod being compatible with the last 1.158 version would be very nice :smile:
Floris was designed for warband 1.153, but will work on 1.158 just fine.

I think that computer is able to play Expanded just fine, and you should definitely give it a try. It's much better than my old PC (Phenom x4 2.2GHz, 4 GB RAM, some old Nvidia card), which was able to handle Expanded fine as long as I didn't go over a battle size of 300 and I turned off and reduced some things like particles and ragdolls.

Well, I lowered shadows and a bunch more stuff down and it runs well in the tutorial (bow and arrows don't seem to spawn for some reason), but when I try to start a new game... As soon as I complete my background and click next, the screen goes black with the sound effect of when money is used buying or selling something, the cursor is Warband's quill and the music plays normally, but it's stuck. I can alt-tab a couple of times but then it just freezes completely and I have to kill the process. Couldn't find anything similar on the wiki, what might be the problem?

Don't alt+tab out of Warband unless you're in windowed mode. It's not very good with that.

Odd. Black screen bug is an old issue that should be fixed already. There hasn't been any reports of people getting it in years now. Make sure you're using the latest version of Warband and the latest version of Floris. D:

I actually found the problem: I downloaded the 2.5 version and for some reason my brain decided 2.5 and 2.55 are the same thing. So I still have to patch the game to the latest release :grin:
There is a direct link to the patch in the tutorial thread but it's about the 2.54, so what is the true latest version? Is it 2.55 or that's just a sort of dev build and not suggested yet? And if it is, can someone please link it from the MODDB site? I can't find it for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom