SP Native Musket Era [WB] Calradia Imperial Age: Napoleonic Era Inspired M&B! BETA 3.1 OUT PAGE 31

What Future Features Do You Want Most With CIA?

• The Introduction Of Freelancer

Votes: 66 22.4%
  • TWOTSK Style Artillery

Votes: 61 20.7%
  • Varied, Obsolete And Foreign Mercenaries

Votes: 10 3.4%
  • New Era Friendly Fortresses and Naval Battle Scenes

Votes: 38 12.9%
  • Era Friendly Tournies,Hunting And Gambling Features And Other Ways To Make Money

Votes: 20 6.8%
  • Older Gun Powder Era Weapons And Clothing For Sale

Votes: 13 4.4%
  • More Unique NPC and Bandit Factions To Fight And Recruit From

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • A Modified or Updated UI, Menu Art and Updated Lore Friendy Notes and new Officer Banners

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • Modernised Main Settlement Scenes

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • The Additions of Mid 19th Century Early Victorian Content

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • NPC Musicians That Provide Bonuses With The Standards

Votes: 17 5.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Village of Vogdiyevi, created by Antifiriz!

An old Vaegir autocrat's estate, near the "Fortress Vogdiyevi". Even though Vilichians were "under the Vaegir Tzardom as a agricultural state", this village had no "huge" farms around it, but it was on the route of Fortress Vogdiyevi, probably the most well defended ex-Vaegir outpost. Repelling many Vaegir scouts, they barricaded some of the roads and realised the importance of training militias. Also, in many of these scout troops were taken prisoners, who were afterwards executed, hanged or tortured in the village square or killed in training grounds with a firing squad near the mansion.

The first glimpse of Vogdiyevi!

iPSGo2K.jpg

5xbuJQP.jpg

Here is the main square, and the first thing you'll notice is a dead tree adorned with the hats of executed Vaegir recruits and fusiliers!

TzKTx0a.jpg

Here is the autocrats mansion! The flag of the proud Vilinchians waves above the building.

iAeifba.jpg

Here is the training ground. It has been used for more than just training however, it is said that over 20 Vaegirs were executed at once here.

KfwI5mc.jpg

Lastly we have a nice view of the village from atop an overlook.

ZvIGXTd.jpg

Grenades are sometimes wonky, but what Sarranid Fire Throwers do is borderline terrifying. On the one hand, one of those guys sniped me with a fire bomb from other side of the map (:neutral:), but other time they pretty much won me a battle decimating own ranks.

Also, I was terribly disappointed to learn that Model II Sargoth 7-Barrel Musket is slowly reloading, one-shot hoax :wink:

@ Do Not Look Here, the 7 barrel musket fires seven bullets at once, like the original Nock gun. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nock_gun

This is some thing I do not intend to change.

Oh, okay, that makes sense. I guess other x-barreled muskets work same way? I was just confused because I thought it was supposed to work like double barrel pistol, silly me.
Minor things about UPN officers, you probably know about them already, but anyway: colour officer doesn't wear uniform, cavalry shoes and officer lacks "i" in "Provinces". And about cavalry, if I'm not too annoying, will they appear later? I've seen dragoon and death head uniforms for UPN, but none of the lords have soldiers that are supposed to wear them.

Have I already said that since I've started fighting lords even the simplest of skirmishes became most epic battles? Because they are. I'm pushing my laptop to the (humble) limits with battle size because of this mod.

Just a quick bump and status update. We've finally updated the dialogue and modified it for the redone companions. Also, the UNP is getting a minor visual overhaul and the new faction in the up coming beta is halfway done.

I would like to clarify what SeanBeanShako said. We have a dozen or so uniforms ready for the faction planned for 3.0, as well as a lot of plans, but we have not begun implementing them yet. When Beta 2.0 has been released, we can assure you that the first thing we begin working on will be the new faction!

Now that is out of the way, I would like to make my status report!

I have implemented Mordecai and Leprechaun's Extended Prisoner Dialogue, making it possible to execute vassals of rival nations, provided you have the right amount of renown and are a part of a faction.

When do you think beta 2 wiil be released?
I hope you have fixed the bugs of naked people. Sometimes the lords too appear partially or totally naked.

Suggestion. What do you think on implementing different skills for pistols and long guns?
It make sense as they require a total different training in the real life too.

@ BenH, I've been trying to implement separate skills for pistols and muskets for a while to no avail. Beta 2.0 will be released in a month or two, possibly sooner. We're working pretty hard and want to get this out to you guys ASAP.

Time for a quick update!

Recently I worked on some unique uniforms for all the faction leaders!

Prime Councillor Vorich.

xYHkGeG.jpg

His uniform isn't particularly unique, I decided to give him a common general uniform as not to make him look too pretentious. But what the hell, he's a faction leader.

Grand Hetman Slavovich

mG6YN1m.jpg

Much like with Vorich, his uniform isn't particularly unique, for the same reason.

Patrician Smythe Veretti

Px29fou.jpg

Tzarina Katiya Federov

Yqk8Hq5.jpg

Grand Marshal Jens Stadhauser

4RQWvXD.jpg

Queen Catrina II de Libon

LAH5xMJ.jpg

I've recently fixed Catrina's uniform to make it appear more feminine.

Sultan Fazouk

WueNNQl.jpg

I've also fixed his uniform so it no longer looks like a light prism

Emperor Von Hohenstein

6RUZDFS.jpg

It is nice to finally see the heads of state of the Imperial era in the flesh and wearing their own unique uniforms at last. Some of them will have their own unique head gear, but for the moment Frenzied who is dedicated to improving the hell out of this mod is working on something else now.

Keep your eyes peeled on the thread or the Mod DB section for more updates!

I've just recently played one of the longer battles in my military career of United Provinces General.

Damn, I thought I'd just lay back in my uniform, wave my hands from hill and take some nice screenies in the meantime, but it was so intense! Hundreds of soldiers on the field, infantry withstanding charges of hussars, jaegers dropping left and right on both sides... at one point I've found myself personally leading volleys on Vaegirs' flank without idea how it happened!
Only thing that irks me is that currently AI stays at distances that are only suitable for riflemen, resulting in long periods of nothing before it decides to charge when said rifles get out of ammo.

Do not look here said:
Only thing that irks me is that currently AI stays at distances that are only suitable for riflemen, resulting in long periods of nothing before it decides to charge when said rifles get out of ammo.
Yeah, I suffer from that long periods thing too, but hell, I just drink my tea and think it as silence before the storm, and also something that enchances realism.

During that period, I ride my horse slowly in front of my ranks, give my soldiers imaginary speeches and look each of them in the eye.
Yeah.. It's THAT fun.  :lol:

Personally I prefer having periods of long range combat before I lead my troops into the thick of it, gives me time to plan my strategy, maneuver my troops into positions that give me a pleasant advantage, and spend some time to give my soldiers some inspirational imaginary speeches about glory, honour and killing Rhodoks to protect the Kingdom of Castillo, hehehe.

Frenzied_Crocoduck_Herder said:
@ BenH, I've been trying to implement separate skills for pistols and muskets for a while to no avail. Beta 2.0 will be released in a month or two, possibly sooner. We're working pretty hard and want to get this out to you guys ASAP.
We need beta 2 with bug fixing ASAP. In the current state, with all that naked people, the mod is immoral  :mrgreen:

@ BenH, I'm doing my best. Right now I'm fixing the village elders/guild masters clothing and adjusting all of the castle/prison guards.

@ Zoo889, cheers, also that is a bloody brilliant quote you have in your signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom