Final Final version of 1257ad

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is correct that beta 0.97 for version svn is the final version for testing posted in the first thread or I am doing something wrong ?

If its correct for what I see there are various errors:
- When building a manor for my village and improving everything, the guys from the manor buildings (blacksmith, pottery, etc) say they are paying in goods, but no good is store at my manor stores, also if I tell them to pay in gold they say ok, and when I ask again they say they are paying in goods, its like they are ignoring my order to pay in money
- When entering manor there is something not loading related to object models or textures (load error no jewelry)
- When entering manor there is always some soldier or companion wandering around and when I speak to him he says something like "I will fight you to the end"

Hello,
I noticed that the developers are planing to tweak archers and battle formations.I don't whine or trash the mod. It's an absolute gem and I love it but as I play a bit of floris mod and brytenwalda and from those two mods, if you don't mind, I would like to put my 2 cents in.
Currently, archers act like secondary infantry line and they get slaughtered easily from penetrated cav or stray infantry. Perhaps, adding an order for them to skirmish and run whenever enemy troops are nearby would be idealistic. And order for them to use volley fire, most suitable for crossbowmen, I think. But volley fire is something I am not sure whether they used it back then or not. Infantry and cavalry formations are good as they are now but like in Brytenwalda, when you hold F1 and release on the enemy, your troops move up and attack without breaking formation. Is it feasible in AD 1257?
I sense that these things I mentioned above might already be in your plan but I just want to make sure they are voiced out. Thank you for this mod and all the best in your future projects.
P/s: Volley fire ability in Floris mod is kinda OP so maybe a toned down version of it would be best.

First off I want to say that your mod is brilliant, and has the potential to be the greatest thing the mount and blade universe has to offer. Despite any flaws I may have found, it is still a very enjoyable mod and I love playing it and I love you for creating it.

BUT
a couple glaring issues that need fixing.

-weapon breaking
my spear breaks even when I have weapon and lance breaking turned off

-Town menu illustrations
The illustrations behind the text when you are choosing options in a town and when viewing your casualty/kill count post-battle make the text unreadable. You either need to make the background illustrations smaller or a different color.

-issuing orders to troops in battle
if you decide you don't want to issue an order to every single unit you have(like not charging in your archers) you can only issue orders to one type of unit at a time because it won't let you issue orders in the backspace menu (it forces you to use the F1 commands) and if you put a check mark on 2+ of the sections, it only registers that you selected one of them

-graphical glitches everywhere
literally every. single. time. I do a battle with another lord present on my side I get a graphical glitch of some sort. Most of the time I get a large black mark on my screen and half the time i can't see any of the UI in the take prisoners/recruit from their prisoners menu.

-post-battle general placement(don't know what to call this one)
I'm running around with the marshal(England) and after I do a battle with them, the generals are scattered on the map after the battle is over. not super far, but no 2 generals are directly next to each other, so after a battle in wales our armies end of covering all of wales' territory

I found a bug in the newest version rev143 (it was also in v1.03 kill the peasants edition)

Usually every town has 2 villages and every castle has 1 village.

In Regnum Navarrae:
The town Pamplona has 3 villages
The castle San Sebastian has 0 villages

The village Estella could move from Pamplona to San Sebastian to solve this issue.

All other towns and castles of all other factions have the right number of villages attached.

Thanks to everyone involved in this mod.

Jason L. said:
Are you sure you have the latest kill the peasants edition 1,0 ..? Lances and spears always breaking is 0,97 stuff related to the last Othr's revisions.

I have the 1.03 version. It was the latest edition according to Moddb.com

ashesh said:
Impressive ! Very very good work, this and Europe 1200 are my fauvorite mods, being the two awesome, Im downloading Ad right now

I deleted the SVN for ad and resynch that, but when I load anno domini its still says ad1257 version:0.97 Beta

ashesh said:
It is correct that beta 0.97 for version svn is the final version for testing posted in the first thread or I am doing something wrong ?

I just realised that I was using

http://dev1257.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

when I should have used

http://anno1257.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

now my svn install is 1.03

Ferrari965 said:
So I'm confused... Is the final version the SVN version?  Or is it not out yet?

Like he said in the original post, he is working on it. He mentioned later that there is no ETA for the finished product

nik9111 said:
Ferrari965 said:
So I'm confused... Is the final version the SVN version?  Or is it not out yet?

Like he said in the original post, he is working on it. He mentioned later that there is no ETA for the finished product

Naw man, I'm pretty sure its coming out next Thursday, trust me I know these things.

Don't believe the troll.

'Next' Thursday never comes. Every Thursday is 'This' Thursday once you get to it,

The mod developers will let us know if and when they have an ETA for the release of the mod

Damn, I've checked out this thread almost everyday XD
I can't really wait to play the new version of this mod, however, please take your time Thomas because what you only get for your hard work is credit and respect, which sadly some people fail to give.

Thank you.

Sorry guys, that it's taking a bit. In the meantime i been in Georgia - there are pigs running on the roads there.

I'm still working on it, but it takes authentically medieval times to do something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom