Final Final version of 1257ad

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another bug - when making one of your companions a minister and then replacing him with another one, you don't get him back in your party. I didn't check if you can recruit him back in a town or a hunt. I'm not sure if it was noted but there is a weird blue sky/fog bug in certain siege scenes, when looking in a certain direction at a certain distance.

Can the bad weather "feature" be made more rare? Right now every 2nd to 3rd battle has super bad visibility. I wouldn't mind this so much if it also affected the AI's shooting range, accuracy and line of sight, but sadly it DOES NOT. It gives unfair advantage to the AI and makes maneuvering a cumbersome chore.

Well you always can press Tab at the beggining of battle (with no morale penalties) to change map - usually the fog also disappears. I hope this helps.

This is what happens when I SVN the thing...any idea?

ra_serf: The server sent a truncated HTTP response body.

edit: Sorted

Found a bug in the new svn version - when rescuing a prisoner, after exiting the dungeon, your clone spawns not far from you and your rescuee. He is usually the first target for the guards and they cut him down while he's just standing there.

Edit: Only happens in arabian castles

I have found an issue with a scene, where Lancaster Castle (English) cannot be accessed by player-led armies.

The walkway of the seige engine overhangs a stream of water.

Overhang.jpg

Cant_Reach.jpg

Was wondering if Windows players encountered this same issue (I am running Linux).

These screenshots were taken from the 1257AD_1.03.exe version, the only changes I have made are to menu screen and sky graphic files (to correct transparency issues).

Same issue in the SVN install of 1.03 (no changes by me - with original sky problem)

SVNversion.jpg

Edit: The seige-engine begins the scene in this position, it is not moved in-scene. I'm guessing that maybe a ladder is supposed to be used in-scene, rather than the seige-engine. I am sure I was building ladders (16 hours) pre-battle, rather than building seige-engine (54 hours).

I don't know whether it was already discussed, but I's like to suggest more variety in the music. There are just a few tracks and they replay all the time. Especially in an open ended game like this I find the music tracks, as good as they are, become quickly repetitive.

I just want to say that I LOVE this mod! Thank you guys so much for making it! I recently got back into warband and 1257 after some time. Right now I think I'm using 1257 version 0.97.  I'll definitely upgrade once the new version is released.  I do have one question though.  I've read this thread and want to confirm that the repetitive lance breaking is going to be removed/tweaked to happen less often. Is this true?

In the camp menu (Mod Options), there are options to turn off weapon and Lance breaking.

I have toggled them both off, however I do still see Spears breaking occasionally, usually during a seige, when my main character has fallen, and I am playing as a "regular troop".

Teotwawki said:
In the camp menu (Mod Options), there are options to turn off weapon and Lance breaking.

I have toggled them both off, however I do still see Spears breaking occasionally, usually during a seige, when my main character has fallen, and I am playing as a "regular troop".

Ok I'll have to check that when I get home.  However, I am using .097 beta so it might not be in that release. I'll try to update this evening. In your experience does this keep lances from breaking when you deliver couched lance damage on horseback? It wouldn't bother me if they still broke every now and then, it's just when they break EVERY time it gets a little annoying! Hahaha! I have to make like 20 trips to my inventory during a battle to retrieve fresh lances.

Another quick question. Are there more cities/castles/villages in the newest release of 1257?  England and Spain come to mind as being a little sparse in my opinion. 

PanzerDan86 said:
Another quick question. Are there more cities/castles/villages in the newest release of 1257?  England and Spain come to mind as being a little sparse in my opinion.

Just quickly fired up my 0.97 version (haven't played very much of that one), looks like the cities and castles are the same, but there seem to be no hamlets/boroughs/settlements in the 1.03 edition. Perhaps they were removed and the "regional manors" have taken their place.

Unfortunately I can't help with the couched lance breakage, mainly I use a Knightly Sword and/or a Balanced Rohatyna. I can say that I have never seen a Lance break during a seige though.

Actually, I just noticed an additional Castle near Aberffraw, called Caernarfon Castle is not in the 0.97 version. So there could definitely possibly :lol: be more.

Ok I just got it up and running and I've noticed one thing.  My character has a strange shine to him, like he's encased in glass or something. Is this normal? Or is there a graphics setting causing the issue?

PanzerDan86 said:
Ok I just got it up and running and I've noticed one thing.  My character has a strange shine to him, like he's encased in glass or something. Is this normal? Or is there a graphics setting causing the issue?

Don't know the answer, though I notice that issue on horses sometimes.

I have just seen a similar issue, under quite unusual circumstances.

What I saw was 5 or 6 enemies, weilding swords which looked quite similar to how an Enchanted Glass Sword would have looked in Morrowind (from memory).

It's the only time I have seen such a thing, so I am guessing some sort of intermittent graphic or shader glitch.

Also a heads-up for PanzerDan86 -

Although the 1.03 edition seems to not have hamlets/settlements/boroughs as I mentioned before, I have now fortified my Perth Village Manor (not the Regional Manor - although I have made many building improvements there) and now after the fortification, I have a new Castle on the map called Perth Castle.

Also, the Lord of Dingwall Castle seems to have made improvements as well, as I now have a new village nearby, called Dingwall Castle Village.

So it seems as we grow more prosperous, new villages and Castles may continue to appear across the land :smile:

PanzerDan86 said:
It's a shader's effect, if you want remove that shine - delete mb.fx and postFX.fx from mod folder.

Teotwawki said:
I have just seen a similar issue, under quite unusual circumstances.

What I saw was 5 or 6 enemies, weilding swords which looked quite similar to how an Enchanted Glass Sword would have looked in Morrowind (from memory).

It's the only time I have seen such a thing, so I am guessing some sort of intermittent graphic or shader glitch.

Also a heads-up for PanzerDan86 -

Although the 1.03 edition seems to not have hamlets/settlements/boroughs as I mentioned before, I have now fortified my Perth Village Manor (not the Regional Manor - although I have made many building improvements there) and now after the fortification, I have a new Castle on the map called Perth Castle.

Also, the Lord of Dingwall Castle seems to have made improvements as well, as I now have a new village nearby, called Dingwall Castle Village.

So it seems as we grow more prosperous, new villages and Castles may continue to appear across the land :smile:

Wow that's cool!! Right now I'm only a couple of weeks in game doing mercenary work for England. Once I become a vassal I'll definitely be looking forward to building up my estates!

semigall said:
PanzerDan86 said:
It's a shader's effect, if you want remove that shine - delete mb.fx and postFX.fx from mod folder.

Thanks man! I'll go do that now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom