Steam Workshop Support [BETA] - GAMECHANGER

Users who are viewing this thread

If only I would understand what is being said there, I'm not Spanish.

Anyway, for me it's still not working either... That last update screwed some stuff up.. Big time.. The assistance here from the dev's seems to be minimal. Sadly

gokiller said:
If only I would understand what is being said there, I'm not Spanish.

Anyway, for me it's still not working either... That last update screwed some stuff up.. Big time.. The assistance here from the dev's seems to be minimal. Sadly

I just wish the uploader had a GUI or an external shell that could work with the exe, man the workshop system is pretty raw right now for warband  :neutral:

So how would one go about updating their Steam Workshop mod to this 'new system'? I enabled the beta in properties and uploaded War of 1812 Beta 0.5 to Workshop but it still crashes on Join a Game. I am just at a lost. Do singleplayer workshop mods only work right now then? Any word back on this matter is appreciated.

EDIT:  I got a workaround functioning to install (and not crash at Join a Game) multiplayer mods on steam workshop! http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=370622792

Now if this works 100% we'd be golden.

Your workaround should work for all players but it cannot be considered as an acceptable solution. Multiplayer modules should work without additional manipulations. It isn't normal that the game crashes. It's very easy to reproduce this bug and it affects a lot of people. Players report this problem regularly but I cannot get any response from TaleWorlds. They don't answer to emails, Captain Lust doesn't answer to private messages, the bug tracker doesn't work for a long time, nobody's going to read this thread. It's a shame that such a serious bug isn't fixed for such a long time. It shouldn't be hard to do it but it seems like TaleWorlds just don't care about it.

Now it crashes at servers list testing it again, damn! It starts to load the servers list then it is visually choppy with servers loading and stops to Warband has stopped working.

Lav said:
Anyone knows if Steam support is going to become official any time soon?
Nope.. Once you get the hang of uploading your mod and updating it; it will become easy.  :fruity:
If you need help uploading/updating your mod pm me.  :fruity:

I can't upload my stuff. When I do, my Workshop upload has no name, no description, no file, no nothing, it's completely blank. (eg.: File Size:
0.000 MB).

module_title = Lithuanian Banners
file_module_name = Native

tags = Lithuanian
banners
flags
Vytis
Gediminas
clan

description = Lietuviškos vėliavos, skirtos Native (Singleplayer/Multiplayer) modifikacijai su sutvarkyta heraldika.
visibility = public

I use a .bat file to launch the .exe

mbw_workshop_uploader.exe publish -mod input.ini -icon mb1.png

EDIT: I get a message saying that the upload file was not found, but I have a Native folder in my Warband directory.

Firestorm said:
module_title = Lithuanian Banners
file_module_name = Native Banners
Rename the file your uploading to something else.

Same thing. I had a Native folder inside of Mount & Blade Warband folder. It consists of a script.txt file and Textures folder with two banner files. I renamed the Native folder as you suggested.

Spent hours to figure this thing out and in the end.. I got message "this app can't run on your pc" and in cmd message - access denied. I get this after typing mbw.workshop_uploader.exe -mod input.ini -icon woodhaerst.png
I'm using windows 8.1 steam is open and in beta. Cmd was ran as administrator.
Anyone?  :sad:

So, anybody found a fix how to upload a multiplayer mod to the Workshop so the game would not crash when checking server list and didn't give you error about wrong module when trying to join a server?

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
So, anybody found a fix how to upload a multiplayer mod to the Workshop so the game would not crash when checking server list and didn't give you error about wrong module when trying to join a server?
I think my workaround method works for the most part, as I tested it. I can join a server just fine and no crash at Servers List. Thankfully the Workshop finally added if a DLC is required (Napoleonic Wars) I made sure this mod workshop page has it as a requirement.

Warof1812v1 Workshop Page said:
~~~ TO INSTALL ~~~
1. Click Subscribe to start downloading the mod. Then wait for the download to finish before proceeding. Note: you must have the Napoleonic Wars DLC to play this mod.

2. Open Windows Explorer to browse your computer's file directory. (It's a light colored folder icon on the taskbar)

3. Navigate to this path: (C:smile: -> Program Files (x86) -> Steam -> SteamApps -> workshop -> content -> 48700

4. Move the folder (418409000) from '48700' folder to \Modules folder inside the Mount & Blade Warband Steam folder: (C:smile: -> Program Files (x86) -> Steam -> SteamApps -> common -> MountBlade Warband -> Modules

5. Rename the mod folder from (418409000) to (Warof1812v1) exactly as typed, do not include the parentheses in the mod folder name or you cannot join any servers.

6. Launch Warband and select Warof1812v1 in the drop-down menu. Make sure you select the one with a preview image, if there is no preview image then do not launch the game or you will crash before the main menu.
(if you crash at the multiplayer main menu or the servers list please tell me, moving the module as above should workaround that issue.)

Back
Top Bottom