Steam Workshop Support [BETA] - GAMECHANGER

Users who are viewing this thread

When i try to open mbw_workshop_uploader.exe  it automatically close itself and says invalid_argument_input. i did the cmd thing as well and says the same thing? invalid argument count?

Arthur453 said:
When i try to open mbw_workshop_uploader.exe  it automatically close itself and says invalid_argument_input. i did the cmd thing as well and says the same thing? invalid argument count?
What command did you try to run? It's not like a program that you open, you need to run it with "publish" for example.

Is the "file_module_name = TESTMODFOLDER" the name of the folder in the Modules Directory or the name of the .zip file?

(Always "Uploading workshop item..
Uploading item failed. File not found!")

This whole stupid steam is not open error is really pissing me off.. steam is open i tried running the command prompt with both the steam launcher and steam online logged in and open.. wtf what am i doing wrong.. and now whenever i do the cd/ command it does this.. C:/> which always errors the line as i cant get rid of it

It used to work i am not sure
Captain Lust said:
Arthur453 said:
What command did you try to run? It's not like a program that you open, you need to run it with "publish" for example.

It used to work then suddently when i tried to open the uploader.exe it closes itself automatically in like 0.001 seconds. I managed to took a screenshot before it closed itself. Whats wrong? I don't think i have done anything, or could i?

n42HTvP.png

When i use the uploader also it closes instantly also.. i catch a glimpse of what it says everytime i think it says steam isnt open idk... how do i solve the steam isnt open error?

Modder223 said:
When i use the uploader also it closes instantly also..
Hold Shift, Right-click somewhere in the folder and open a command window if you're using a windows OS >= vista.
Arthur453 said:
Post the command you used to invoke it? Most of the parameters are pretty essential even if it says there's a default.
Gotha said:
Is the "file_module_name = TESTMODFOLDER" the name of the folder in the Modules Directory or the name of the .zip file?
zips don't work anymore - you need to grab the ENTIRE uncompressed folder, as the list of allowable file types would suggest.

Arthur453 said:
Post the command you used to invoke it? Most of the parameters are pretty essential even if it says there's a default.

I didn't type anything into the CmD, i opted in into the Beta, then it suddently doesn't work anymore -_-. Was working fine before

What are you going to do with installed instances of modules? Players are going to have up to three copies of the same module:
  • Modules\ModuleName
  • Modules\ModuleName - 123456789
  • workshop\item_123456789
All they will be shown in the list of modules which may be confusing.

Why can't uploading to the workshop be simple and friendly to computer newbies?
Why can't it be like clicking a button to upload it, edit the description, and attatch screenshots?

I was hoping to be able to upload my first mod with ease. :\ 

These instructions just confused the heck outta me. Sorry.

This didn't help me to upload my mod. I have no clue what's going on at all. Why can't there just be an "Upload" button on the Steam Workshop?
Guess I'll never be able to upload my mod. -_- 

Gotha said:
I uploaded  a mod and subcribed it. Steam doesn't started to download anything. I already reinstalled warband. Is that usual?

Same, I'm talking about the "new" beta version. Also, uploading it was slightly confusing because it uses the
Code:
module_title
key to search for the module folder, that doesn't seem right, what's
Code:
file_module_name
for then?

Also, it searches for the relative path starting from the
Code:
mbw_workshop_uploader.exe
folder (Warband's root). So, people wanting to upload folders from the classical Modules directory should prefix it with a
Code:
modules\\
or something like that to avoid the
Code:
Uploading item failed. File not found!
message.

And I found it out by attaching Process Monitor, otherwise it would have been a nice afternoon of guesswork.

Having some notion of progress, knowing what is the maximum allowed size and the possibility of removing images (I don't seem to be able to do that) [Alright, I seem to have confused images and Youtube videos, which can be added and removed from the web interface, with the icon, which can be updated from the command line] would be great.

When I am trying to publish or update, I got the error:

"File not found!"

But in the .ini file, I have:

## The folder name of your module
file_module_name = Bello Civili

And that folder is in my modules folder too!

Hinkel84 said:
When I am trying to publish or update, I got the error:

"File not found!"

But in the .ini file, I have:

## The folder name of your module
file_module_name = Bello Civili

And that folder is in my modules folder too!

What about reading the post above yours, where everything is explained. Write less and read more!

Back
Top Bottom