[EU 5aside WWC] Season II Champions Edition - Season winners: Irish Rebels!

Pick your MVP for EU 5 aside Champions WWC

• R1ke

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Colin Blake

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Voodoo

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IRish KURWA 15-1 Court of Reveran

ggwp

2014-07-06_000020isjl.jpg
2014-07-06_00003zisac.jpg
2014-07-06_0000519s8d.jpg
2014-07-06_00007qcsea.jpg

Been very busy this whole week so I didn't have time to make final post yet.
It will be up tomorrow.
Cups are already in the Hall of Fame.

First of all apologies for being bit late with this post.

This is just congratulations post for the Second Season of the EU 5 aside Champions WWC.
EU 5 aside Season II retrospective topic(stats,pictures,final placements...) will be made soon.
-OP updated
-Second post updated
-Poll closed
-EU Hall of Fame has been updated

I have asked Captains to kindly answer couple of questions.

WWC%201st%20draft.png

igbannner.jpg
  Fourth Place Cup goes to 
igbannner.jpg

Guard of Istiniar

5aS2champwwcfourth_zpsf5f703da.png

Kekn said:
1.Your opinion of WWC competition?
Overall pretty good, I'm surprised there hasn't been more trouble with scheduling, but it probably has much to do with the fact that all teams sign for the weekend ahead of time. You made the right choice about exchanging an inactive team with another -- you can probably be even more strict than you currently are. Just a small note, I was always in doubt, what "Friday 27/06 at midnight BST zone" means -- midnight is technically a new day, so this would be between thursday and friday, yet it seems roster submission continued for another 24h. Midnight is a bad time for a roster submission for this very reason.
Quick note about the rules; I saw SSS making some changes between rounds. I believe this rule is a bit confusing, as you are allowed to do this only if a player crashes -- so what's preventing every team from claiming that the substituted player crashed? You can't allow it and disallow it at the same time. More clear rules in this regard will make it easier for admins to take action or not.

2.Opinion of your team's performance in Season II of 5 aside WWC?
Can't be of much use to you, but I'm of course proud of my little minions!

3.What do you think about Special Category maps(fixed maps) that were used this season?
Have to say, that my impression is pretty bad on this point. In terms of a no-glitch policy, you need to make sure that maps are as glitch-free as possible. While teams sign to no glitching, it's not always clear exactly what that means and what is a glitch or not. It's such a shame to deal out punishments for something that should have been fixed before the tournament started. Both dreiecksdorf and arese's outpost has glitches that needs fixing. I'd suggest looking through all these maps and fix them all before the next tourney.

Thanks for playing in WWC guys,it was nice to have you as always.During regular season you played by far the most interesting match in this Season 2.It was real pleasure to watch that nerve-breakin match against VoN!In Champions WWC to me,as an outsider,it looked like that you were missing only 1 or 2 more "in form players" like Sifon.With them maybe you could have won even better Cup.

Also I am really thankful for feedback you sent me.We will look into it and improve rules where needed.
About deadline rule:WWC you participated in was very strange so to say.I had to remove one clan(Basileia) and luckily Forsaken chaps were ready to jump in for which i thank them once again.Because of that replacement and because of PoP's inability to add enough players to roster I had to make decision.And it was to allow all teams of that WWC to sign up players before their matches on Saturday.This option was given to all teams and i think that only VoN didn't use it.I thought that it was way better to play matches then give 2 default wins and I hope all will agree with that.Because if you don't play matches you can't enjoy this beautiful game and that is shame :razz:

Thanks for participating IG,best of luck in other tourneys :wink:

af83ff08a8aa.jpg
  Bronze Cup goes to 
af83ff08a8aa.jpg

Old Slavian School of Slavimir

5aS2champwwcbronze_zpsd420d316.png

Red_War said:
WWC competition can be considered one of the best in the game as most of the teams put up their strongest men in 5v5 matches. Competition where it's not only fun to watch the game, but also to take part in it!

My team was in this case a novice so I am very glad that we took 1st place during regular season and Bronze in the grand finale.

3.What do you think about Special Category maps(fixed maps) that were used this season?
The system that has been demonstrated in this tournament, I really liked. And I think that it can be used in other seasons.

SSS is definitely team to watch and fear in future tournaments.Lot of nice and skillful players lead by Red_War.I hope that you guys will become our regular WWC participants.Confident victory in WWC 1 and,for majority,surprising win over IG in Bronze match will be the highlights of your participation in Season 2.Best of luck fellas :smile:

Congratulations for winning the Bronze Cup SSS

23u4f84.jpg
  Silver Cup goes to 
23u4f84.jpg

Court of Reveran

5aS2champwwcsilver_zps5c804574.png

Golradir said:
Fun, was happy we reached the champions edition again.

It was a stroll in the park, until the final. That was a disappointment ;_;

Meh. That open-plain esque was really bad.

I really like watching CoR playing and it was same this time again!Three well played matches brought you to Final match for the second time in a row making CoR by far the most successful team in 5 aside WWC competitions.Then in Final,I am not really sure what happened.Great first round of that match was strangely the only round you guys won.Nevertheless you will be back for S3 in pursue of Golden Cup I am pretty sure!

Congratulations CoR and cya next season :grin:

33b0o6o.jpg
  Gold Cup goes to 
33b0o6o.jpg

Irish Rebels

5aS2champwwcgold_zps5dc32ded.png

Boris said:
We really enjoyed the tournament.

In my opinion every team did the best they could and it was really exciting to play against IG and CoR.

It's a really nice idea to get some new maps for tournaments because the old ones are getting boring.

Very well played IR and in the end well deserved victory!
Golden Cup is yours and you will definitely be team to beat next season.Unbelievably strong performance in Final impressed us all.Keep on improving even more and return to us next season :wink:

Well done Irish Rebels,you are our EU 5 aside Season II Champions.Congratulations!!!

EU 5 aside Champions WWC  MVP Award

Lets look at the poll.
All three players made their captains proud and were carrying teams to glory.However award cab be given to only one person and that guy is Voodoo from Irish Rebels.Congratulations dude.

So,congrats to Voodoo The MVP of the EU 5 aside Champions WWC and Season II !
champions-wwc-mvp-5aS2_zpsb5d60dae.png

Topic will be open for few more days for congratulations posts and closing thoughts.
Season II retrospective topic will be posted in next few days

Thanks to all clans for participating.And once again HUGE thanks to SimRai without whom all of this wouldn't be possible!

Thanks, was fun!

At the IG feedback, yea, the SSS guys did a ninja swap against us too, and erminas told them it wasn't allowed. So they knew about it. Sneaky buggers!

I see that my feedback was not as diplomatic as it could have been. Let me just be clear, that we (IG) has no interest in any bickering about whether or not rules were broken. We acknowledge we lost fair and square, but wish to point out an unfortunate circumstance in the rules that should be dealt with in future tournaments for the sake of transparency.

Like i said we will look into it.
Topic locked cya next season guys and girls :smile:

Suggestions topic for EU WWC is here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,291418.0.html
Suggestions topic for NA WWC is here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,291888.0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom