[BoP: Interregnum] Main Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Harkon Haakonson said:
Yes sir. We'll all plot behind your back there and you'll mysteriously find yourself murdered and annexed in the blink of an eye.
Speaking of which, I was wondering what happens if the hero who you are dies? Is it game over, or do you become a disembodied voice which whispers to your other heroes in their dreams?

This has been nagged about by about a hundred people before. Couldn't get it to work on my old pc, and I haven't bothered to try on my new one yet.

Benno Maximus said:
Speaking of which, I was wondering what happens if the hero who you are dies?

Depends.

Benno Maximus said:
Is it game over

Only if you lose all your provinces and heroes. That being said, the death of a faction leader can definitely contribute to that. You might find yourself in a shattered kingdom.

Benno Maximus said:
do you become a disembodied voice which whispers to your other heroes in their dreams?

Maybe if you're a Dragonborn or a Shezzarine or a Ysmir or a Prisoner.  :razz:

Benno Maximus said:
And to add on that, what if you don't have any heroes left? Are you screwed?

You can recruit more, provided that you have the prerequisite number of provinces. A faction with 0 provinces can't recruit any heroes, a faction with 1 province can only recruit their 1st hero if all the others are dead.

Moose! said:
Hero cost increases by 500 for every hero you have after 3rd...

1st Hero - 100 Income
2nd Hero - 500 Income
3rd Hero - 500 Income
4th Hero - 1000 Income
5th Hero - 1500 Income
6th Hero - 2000 Income

...and so on and so forth. Remember, you are limited by the number of provinces that you currently possess. If you possess 5 provinces, you can recruit a 5th Hero, but not a 6th Hero. Notably, this only extends to recruitment. If you have 5 Heroes and lose a province, you don't also lose your Hero.

Sorry for the delay! CCs and stuff are all done, I just have to check my math on 4 of them and then write up the global report. Expect it by late tonight.  :grin:

KnLuWOg.png

Reports are out. If you have any questions or think there are any mistakes, please feel free to ask about them. I am sure that there are mistakes, so feel free to call me out if you see anything! I am beat, so the global report will be out tomorrow instead of tonight. Thanks for everyone's patience! I think that turn reports will go a bit more smoothly now that I know what I'm in for - as long as I make sure to do at least 1 a day I should be all set to keep this BoP running! :grin:

Also, I've decided to allow host to player diplomacy. If you have a unit of diplomats in an NPC province, you can conduct diplomacy with me through PMs or chat. If you don't have a unit of diplomats, then you are confined to diplomacy in your turn report.

Moose! said:
Also, I've decided to allow host to player diplomacy. If you have a unit of diplomats in an NPC province, you can conduct diplomacy with me through PMs or chat. If you don't have a unit of diplomats, then you are confined to diplomacy in your turn report.
:grin:

2E 829

Publisher's Note

Following the revolution in Elsweyr during the late 4th Era, a number of priceless historical documents were returned to the Imperial Library by agents of the Mede dynasty.  A series of fragments titled "Annals of the Late Period Interregnum" are one such document of particular interest. These fragments detail an alternate account of the early Tiber Wars during the last century of the 2nd Era. The documents are dated CE 896 (the final year of the 2nd Era), but the author remains anonymous. Notably, this would suggest that these documents predate the authoritative Encyclopedia Tamrielica by twelve years. However, further examination indicates that many of the described events contradict our current understanding of the period. Given the profound lack of evidence for the ahistorical Dragon Breaks described in this document, there is little doubt that these fragments are anything more than a forgery incited by the apocalyptic delusions that accompany paranoid scholars who still cling to Numidiumism.

Fal Droon
5th Era, 773

Annals of the Late Period Interregnum

16th Morning Star - 8th Sun's Dawn, CE 829
Every 16th Morning Star, the Day of Lights is celebrated as a holy day by most of the Forebears in Hammerfell. It is a prayer for a good farming and fishing year, and is taken very seriously. But, on this year the ceremonies ended in protest over the harsh rule of the Rihadi Totambu. Thousands of Forebear took up arms, and the nobles were forced to flee to the hinterlands of Elinhir. A few Crown loyalists remain in control of the capital, but it is clear that the rebels have the upper hand.

20th Morning Star, CE 829
In a speech concerning the influence of, the Na-Totambu, High King of Hegathe, has decreed that a number of foreign imports be banned from the markets of Hammerfell. It is impossible to estimate the exact effects, but it is likely that many merchants of the Iliac Bay and the Gold Coast may go out of business.

16th Sun's Dawn, CE 829
Tribes of Reachmen are gathering in the western Reach. Fearing the bloody fate of the Kingdom of Jehenna, the King of Evermore has agreed to pay a hefty tribute to the Witch-King of the Reach in exchange for peace.

18th Sun's Dawn, CE 829
A marauding tribe of Giants has been plundering the villages of Greymarch for food and livestock.

4th First Seed - 19th First Seed, CE 829
The Kingdom of Altmeris declared war against the client Kingdom of Auridon. A large Altmeri fleet departed from Dusk and sailed north towards the Shimmering Sea. On the third day of their journey, a furious storm fell upon the fleet, and dozens of ships were left in desperate need of repair. Soon after, the smaller Auridon navy engaged with the already weakened Summer Fleet. Dozens of ships were lost in the initial attack, and thousands of soldiers in transit were lost beneath the waves. Fearing the loss of his entire fleet, Admiral Termanwe led a desperate counterattack. He was last seen shouting orders to the crew of his flagship, which was struck by a bolt of lightning and engulfed in flames soon after. Following his loss, Queen Arana took command of the remaining fleet and led them to victory. Broken and scattered, the Auridon Navy was forced to retreat, and soldiers of the Queen were able to gain a foothold in southern Auridon. After meeting light resistance, the remaining soldiers routed the defenders of Skywatch and occupied the province. But, thousands of Altmeri were lost beneath the sparkling wave of the Shimmering Sea, and all of Summerset grieves for their fallen kin.

12th First Seed - 29th First Seed, CE 829
Following the Altmeri declaration of war on Auridon, the Bosmer of Eldenroot staged an invasion of the South Isles. The Bosmer fleet was unopposed on the voyage, and the Bosmer army easily defeated the disorganized South Isle militias. Some claim that the Bosmer managed to obtain Altmeri ships to assist them in their war, and this has caused resentment in the Summerset Isles.

18th Rain's Hand - 15th Second Seed, CE 829
In a surprising and brutal attack, thousands of Orcs traveled across the border between Dwynnen and the Wrothgarian Mountains, where they encountered an army of the Kingdom of Camlorn. After a series of battle, the Orcs managed to rout the smaller army. The Bretons suffered heavy casualties, and the province was left defenseless. The Orcs descended swiftly on their helpless prey, and they began a campaign of theft and murder. Thousands of cattle and other valuables were stolen by the marauding beasts, and the Orcs grow fat off the spoils of the province.

18th Second Seed, CE 829
People begin disappearing along the border between the Kingdom of Kvatch and the Alliance of Colovian Estates.

21st Second Seed, CE 829
A number of small skirmishes occur between the Khajiit of Anequina and the Khajiit of Rimmen. Casualties are light, but tempers are high.

1st Mid Year, CE 829
Delegates from the Nibenay Confederation agreed to lay a harsh tax upon the client Kingdom of Cheydinhal. The nobles of Cheydinhal are displeased.

24th Mid Year, CE 829
For the first time since the 1st Era, the Tongues of Skyrim have spoken. They have called upon Ysmir, the Dragon of the North, to hearken to their voice. News of this has spread fast throughout all of Skyrim, and many are saying that Ysmir will mend the current rift in Skyrim and lead his people once more. 

1st Sun's Height - 6th Hearthfire, CE829
For the second time in ten years, war breaks out between the Kingdom of Skingrad and the Pinderian Empire. Soldiers loyal to the Pinderian Dynasty crossed into Bravil from Pell's gate. One week later, they bypassed the Skingrad militias posted along the river and entered into Roebuck. The disorganized militia quickly retreated, but their escape was cut off by mercenary pirates patrolling along the Redclay River. Soon after, a second Pinderian army defeated the border guards between Rumare and Virtue and marched on the province. But, they were intercepted by the Kingdom of Skingrad and suffered a defeat before being forced to retreat back to Rumare.

10th Sun's Height - 3rd Last Seed, CE829
An invading army under the flag of Cheydin marched south on Facian shortly following Pinder's Second Invasion of Skingrad. Their arrival was quickly met by a force under the command of the Lady Governess of Nibenay. But, the Cheydin soldiers were more numerous, and they defeated the Nibenese. Forced to retreat, the Lady Governess led the survivors to Aurus as the province of Facian was abandoned to the Cheydin invaders

28th Last Seed, CE 829
News from Nibenese traders indicates that a conflict has broken out between rival tribes in Black Marsh. Little is known about the motivations of this conflict, as the motivations of Argonians are blacker than their marsh.

3rd Hearthfire, CE 829
An enormous Dragon with red scales was allegedly sighted flying north over Skaven in the Dragontail Mountains.

5th Hearthfire, CE 829
The bards of Skaal are rejoicing. A fearsome troll queen known to the people as Udyrfrykte has been slain by a great hero from Thirsk. It is sung that Skjoldr the Lean grappled with the fearsome beast and crushed her wind pipe with bare hands.

1st Frostfall - 25th Evening Star, CE829
Thousands of civilian Mer have been reported dead in central Valenwood. The majority of the dead are said to be Wild Elves. It is unclear if this massacre is an unfortunate result of the Camoran Succession Crisis.

20th Sun's Dusk, CE829
A large amount of Daedra were summoned by Dagonite cultists in Deshaan, and the demns have run rampant throughout the province. The Temple was forced to end their annual pilgrimage to Red Mountain, and the King of Resdayn has called upon the Temple Ordinators to restore order.

10th Evening Star, CE829
Pirates from Skyrim run rampant along the Northern coasts of High Rock. They were likely attracted to the region by the recent unrest in Camlorn.

Maps

jkCHg2p.jpg

Ceazdh7.jpg

The Kingdom of Nibenay would like to make a statement regarding the situation with Cheydin.
We have been betrayed by our subjects and our outraged that Cheydinhal could be so insolent. We have always been good to the people of Cheydin, protecting them from invasion. After it was decided that it was not right the the entire Cheydinese population pay significantly less in tribute than even the poorest of Nibenay's provinces, a request to raise the tribute to a more reasonable amount was sent to Cheydin. It was disrespectfully denied, and shortly after enemy armies were marching on Nibenay's borders. They met a small army I had patrolling and defeated it, but do not think that they can win the war. The Nibenayan army is large and is marching towards Cheydin as I speak.

Such arrogance and aggression from Cheydin can only be met with one thing: punishment. The Kingdom of Nibenay will no longer allow its former protectorate to keep its autonomy. Instead, it will be annexed into the Kingdom of Nibenay proper and treated as any other region of our nation. If there are any objections to this, let them be voiced. However, I have made up my mind on this matter. The dastardly actions of Cheydin can not be allowed, and Nibenay must keep its territory.

Back
Top Bottom