Retarded lords keep patrolling ,,theirs" castles/towns

Users who are viewing this thread

qamyk

Recruit
So since i conquered Cantwaraburh and this castle near this town, masterless lords from factions which have been destroyed or from factions without fiefs started to patroll around my city and castle, when i ask them - what the hell they'r doing?, they answer ,,i'm patroll my homeland i can't let anyone to harm my people" (or something like this), the thing is that these fiefs NEVER have been theirs! They just keep saying this nonsense and ride around my prosperities, sometimes they take a break and rest for some time in my great hall  :shock: . Before Canwaraburh was in hand of rightful lord there wasn't such an siutation, just after i took over it. So i tried to recruit one of them, he accepted my offer but he keep doing the same thing, just now sometimes he move a bit farer than rest of mindless ,,zombies". It woulnd't be so bad if he had in mind building an army but he just keep runing  around with 20 poor troops. I even gave him a village, but it haven't helped. I don't say they'r not useful, they keep cleaning roads from bandits and others outlaws but damn i want that they do something else after i recruit one of them. Maybe they have some ancestors in ,,young warriors" groups and now hunt bundints for the sake of familly or something. So how to deal with it? Is it a bug, or they have just took too many blows from axe during battles, or maybe Canwaraburh/my faction is cursed  :shock:? How to give back my new vassal his mind and push him to recruit some folks or to do anything else? Btw. i though that factions without fliefs should just disappear from map and lords of this factions should find  new cosy place for theirs ducal ass somewhere else.

You know i just mean that they just stand next to my staff in great hall (lords are strange creatures they never sit down or close their eyes, so if they'r not moving, probably they'r dead or they'r resting  :lol:) and after some time time they back to patroling.
They keep repeating all over again in order like that one:
1. Patrol,patrol
2. Travel to Cantwaraburh
3. Stand next to my staff
4. Back to patrol
5. Repeat  :roll:

Either 4th or 5th time I link this topic to people. It should be stickied:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,283638.45.html
Go to last page and copypasta the script there to your script.txt in M&B/Modules/Brytenwalda

Thanks i hope it will help  :smile:. Yeah it would be nice to put it somewhere in noticable place, after some searching i found it by myself too it's in ,,ALTERNATIVE DOWNLOADS and FANS MODIFICATIONS DOWNLOADs (update 30/10/2012)" as one of mods, but i'm not sure if someone would check there for bug fix. Anyway i will include story about yours noble deeds in my next bards performance  :grin:

REreply: Ok actually it helped, i though it don't work but after day/two i got a big list of lords which have changed their liege and renounced to other factions, but i'm not sure if it helped with my poor recruited ,,friend"(vasal) because last time i saw him on his usual spot, maybe if i will kill him or something >_>, but time will show, maybe he get his mind back with others lords along.

aspirine101 said:
Go to last page and copypasta the script there to your script.txt in M&B/Modules/Brytenwalda
does it matter where exactly in the script.txt you paste it? after which line in script, top, bottom etc? it either has no apparent effect or gives me line error messages.  :???:

Sarkiss said:
aspirine101 said:
does it matter where exactly in the script.txt you paste it? after which line in script, top, bottom etc? it either has no apparent effect or gives me line error messages.  :???:
You don't paste it. Ctrl&F (search function, not sure if there is any in original notepad but if there isn't go download Notepad++ it's free)
Anyway search for this:
lord_find_alternative_faction -1

Select it and the WHOLE line of numbers right under it, then ctrl&v the script.

There should probably be a cleanup cycle that looks for nobles / ladies that are in kingdoms in a landless state and reassign them somehow. 

Nobles will stop/replenish at other faction 'centers' with which they are > 0 relations.  The problem here is that they haven't been reassigned to a new faction.

Check in your great hall.  They might be there waiting to ask to join you.

HAHAHAH!!!!

I remember this bug, i called "Carnevale" (transl: Carnival) because all these lords  and their coloured parties (orange, red, blue, and so on) remebered the Carnival feasts here in Italy.

I solved in the same way, and I haven'ta problem now, all run very well.

Back
Top Bottom