Mount&Blade Warband | OS X and Linux Support

Users who are viewing this thread

Mount&Blade Warband Mac OS X and Linux support is now active on Steam!

You can continue to post here with your questions, requests and thoughts!

Announcement: Update launched, please continue testing the Mac and Linux versions which we will continue to patch.

Good day Mount&Bladers!

Today we are very pleased to announce that Mount&Blade Warband is extending its supported platforms to OSX and Linux! Currently, this should just be seen as a beta test as there are known (and probably unknown) bugs to be resolved but those of you with OSX or Linux machines can play the game right now on Steam.

To try out the beta on your computer with Steam just complete the following steps:

[list type=decimal]
[*]Right click "Mount&Blade Warband" in your Steam Library and select "Properties".
[*]In the window that pops up, navigate to the " BETAS" tab, enter the password "betapassword" and select "Mac/Linux beta" in the dropdown menu.
[*]Install the game and play!
[/list]

Hopefully you all enjoy the game on its new platforms and let us know if you encounter any bugs! Though it should be functioning pretty well already and is certainly playable.

Note: Napoleonic Wars is not yet supported but will be in the near future.

Greate idea!
single player works...
Problems:
1) cant connect to a server which uses custom maps (wolfpack_siege, red_sweet siege, ...) :sad:
2) doesnt save the profile you create for multiplayer :sad:

Some things I found:
  • Setting another module does not work. It resets to Native all the time after closing the configuration screen ('Save and Quit'). When launching Warband, it loads Native.
  • Multiplayer profile does not appear after restarting Warband.
  • Settings in 'Options' such as music volume, sound volume and mouse sensitivity are not saved after restarting Warband.
  • When on the world map, rotating the screen with RMB does not work.
  • 'View outfit' does not work on the '~' key. Changing this to a different key does work (for example 'Alt').
My system is equipped with Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon 2.0.14 64-bit, on the 3.11.0-12-generic kernel. The processor is an Athlon II X4 630 with 4 GB of RAM and a NVIDIA Geforce 210 (512 MB) graphics card.

For the rest, multiplayer is working for me and so is single-player. Save games can be reloaded and for the rest things work as on the Windows version (tested only the beginning of single-player though). The game is quite underperforming for me, but it can be due my hardware. However, I have the impression that on a Windows-system the game would perform better.

Jezze said:
Some things I found:
  • Setting another module does not work. It resets to Native all the time after closing the configuration screen ('Save and Quit'). When launching Warband, it loads Native.
  • Multiplayer profile does not appear after restarting Warband.
  • Settings in 'Options' such as music volume, sound volume and mouse sensitivity are not saved after restarting Warband.
  • When on the world map, rotating the screen with RMB does not work.
  • 'View outfit' does not work on the '~' key. Changing this to a different key does work (for example 'Alt').
My system is equipped with Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon 2.0.14 64-bit, on the 3.11.0-12-generic kernel. The processor is an Athlon II X4 630 with 4 GB of RAM and a NVIDIA Geforce 210 (512 MB) graphics card.

For the rest, multiplayer is working for me and so is single-player. Save games can be reloaded and for the rest things work as on the Windows version (tested only the beginning of single-player though). The game is quite underperforming for me, but it can be due my hardware. However, I have the impression that on a Windows-system the game would perform better.
Same issues.

I'm prolly gonna stick with the paulthetall version until this is stable, but this seems awesome! Many users have been waiting for this.

Great! No reason for me to buy Windows 8.1(expect FIFA15, Battlefield3&4, Total War series and so on). And I suppose Bannerlord will be three platform too(Win, Mac, Linux). Great!  :grin:

Great! I now just need wine to play c-rpg.  Hopefully, mod support will be here in the future.

Props Taleworld, you are great!

Just checked it out. Single player feels ok. On the other hand, multi feel sluggish atm, i have better game experience when playing it out in wine atm. Maybe it's because i can't access config file directly and turn some bloat. Will check it on better machine anyway (now i have nv9500gt + [email protected] - pretty crap stuff, but used to be enough to play all games i play - warband and hearthstone)

As I have asked in private messages, could there be any standalone package, or does it exclusively rely on Steam? Is there any probability of that in the future, at least for a dedicated server executable? I am content to keep using Wine on Linux, as always, but I would test and give bug reports if there is any interest.

Back
Top Bottom