Kurdistan Workers' Party

Users who are viewing this thread

cwr

Moving the discussion of this so-called terrorist group to the right place.

Look he can't speak about the PKK if the rules say he can't. You have no free speech rights on a private forums.

The Dark Robin said:
Epicrules said:
The common rallying cry of the ignorant.
What an ignorant thing to say.
facepalm-gif-33.gif

edit: What Sir Hitson Winsler said. Exactly.

One can speak about the PKK all he likes as long as one doesn't openly support acts of terrorism which end up killing citizens. That sort of comments could easily land the person making the comments and the forum site in trouble because it is illegal to support such terrorism in Turkey, like so many other countries.

Swordmaster said:
Yet there was this one guy that took some while for the admins to ban him in the Turkish forums, even though it was clear he was supporting the terrorist party.
That's because no-one likes moderating the Turkish forums.
And that i think the majority of mods don't speak Turkish.

And what CEH said.

Except the fact that there are moderators who understand Turkish and it was an ongoing thing for months.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Is he banned now for supporting a terrorist party?

Yes / No

If yes, your argument just turned null and you've posted inanely.

You know, I'd call you a masochist if you had someone irritating, and you tolerate such a person for more than a year when the community expects you not to and wants you to oust him as soon as possible.

I honestly can't tell whether he was banned because he showed his support or not, because he was always posting agressively, which can also result in a ban regardless of his alignment.

Here's the link to his profile, doubt you can understand a thing though. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=179054

By that logic, I'll already be out somewhere beheading far right wingers. :lol:

Jokes aside, if there is context, usually this forum is pretty tolerant on aggressive postings. It's usually the posts that are just a one liner of racist slurs that causes the tingling of the moderator-senses.

The **** did you google about them that lead you to believe they hadn't used terrorism to try to achieve their goals?
Also what everyone else said about freedom of speech of course.

Yeah, didn't bother much but his latest posts had something to do with racism, too I guess.

I was only stating that if there's a rule that enforces the capital punishment by forum standards then it shouldn't be tolerated at all, which wasn't the case for that guy. Otherwise I also support freedom of speech in rather sensitive matters as well.

Aust, think of it as someone trying to argue in favour of the Boston bomber or the Oklahoma city bomber, only take those as a cultural thing carried out by a part of the population.
It's different.

Now before some retard jumps at me, I do not agree at all with how Turkey treats Kurds and their independence movement, nor do I agree with the PKK.

Wellenbrecher said:
Aust, think of it as someone trying to argue in favour of the Boston bomber or the Oklahoma city bomber, only take those as a cultural thing carried out by a part of the population. It's different.
You don't have to make a regionalized digest for me, I'm aware of the PKK and it's tactics. However, I don't believe that if someone were to sympathize with either of those bombers, they'd be banned from the English-Speaking/Main-Line part of Taleworlds. To bring it into the real world, I'd say it's their right to support those people, as western society currently stands. It might be idiotic to support it, but it's still their right. It's also everyone else's right to mock and ridicule them for it, but not to suppress them.

I don't really see how it's any different. Terrorism is terrorism, free speech is free speech* and both situations are a mix of domestic and foreign.

*Applying free speech to the real world, obviously free speech is not a guaranteed right here, but it is generally loose enough that I find amusement in the fact that the Turkish sub-forum is handled so differently, hence my Erdogan jab.

I mean that it's different from regular retarded opinions though. For Turks at least apparently.
If someone was to argue about how great it was what those morons leftists/communist piece of **** folks from the Rote Armee Fraktion did in Germany, I'd start trying to get them muted as well for that ****. Dunno, that **** just strikes closer to home than the usual internet retard.

Wellenbrecher said:
The **** did you google about them that lead you to believe they hadn't used terrorism to try to achieve their goals?
No, I knew about Kurdistan before this, just not that PKK stood for a party in Kurdistan.

The Turkish position that the Kurds are terrorists is purely political, the Syrian Kurds are currently engaged in a war against both extremist elements in the FSA and Assad's dictatorship.

Wellenbrecher said:
I mean that it's different from regular retarded opinions though. For Turks at least apparently.
If someone was to argue about how great it was what those morons leftists/communist piece of **** folks from the Rote Armee Fraktion did in Germany, I'd start trying to get them muted as well for that ****. Dunno, that **** just strikes closer to home than the usual internet retard.
Fair enough, I'm not even expressing my own opinion on whether free speech is a beneficial or harmful value, merely that it's widely accepted by modern society and therefore should be basically standard.

I'd start trying to get them muted as well for that ****. Dunno, that **** just strikes closer to home
Well, you are German. :razz: I think the only other first world country to come close to that level of censorship is Australia.

The Dark Robin said:
The Turkish position that the Kurds are terrorists is purely political, the Syrian Kurds are currently engaged in a war against both extremist elements in the FSA and Assad's dictatorship.
You're a total idiot.

Austupaio said:
I'm not even expressing my own opinion on whether free speech is a beneficial or harmful value, merely that it's widely accepted by modern society and therefore should be basically standard.
I'm all for free speech but I can't really blame the Turkish moderation for punishing people according to the Turkish laws. All that matters is that this is a forum for a video-game and everything else is secondary to that. Anything that could potentially be harmful to the video-game is expendable, which means people who won't shut their trap about things that the current Turkish government could sue for.

I don't really look at the screen when clicking on the topics more often than not. I always expect this to be the bloody kitten thread somehow because of the K  and general length of the title >.>
Bitterly disappointed five times in a row now.

Back
Top Bottom