Two quick suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Praetorian

Recruit
Hi...

I made a quick search, but didn't found these two, hope you guys haven't discussed it already.

Here it goes:

I think it would be nice to the combat sistem if we would run a bit slower when we go backwards... i mean, nobody, even a trained athlete can run faster than me if he is going backwards. It is a bit unrealistic, and I think it's something that makes the on foot fighting a bit easier, since you just keep withdrawing and piercing the poor bastards (that come at you in a straight line)

The other thing, would be to introduce a new weapon, the medieval flail. I think they were quite used at the time, and it can add a new flavour to the game. :twisted:

Well, just too new ideas from someone who simply loves the game. I'lladd new ones if I can remember them

Cheers

PS: i've read this in another forum, but i'll add it here... i totally agree with the importance of moral in a battle. Ok that 10 peasants might find the courage all together to attack a mounted knight, but maybe they aren't too happy to do it, and maybe 5 peasants would flee in panic (i know i would...)
:grin: [/img]

I think a stamina based sprint/charge that only goes forwards would work better than slowing down backpeddling. Melee combat would be awkward if you ran back slower.

I've said it before, if you were to run at half speed backwards, fighting on foot would be impossible. It would be similar to standing there, not moving at all, and trying to solo a few river pirates. Go ahead and try it, you can't win. So basically, fighting on foot would no longer be a viable option, in melee anyway, unless of course you had 50 or so friendlies to help out. So if a mounted character can solo 100+ dark knights with ease, why should we nerf a foot based character so he can't even defeat 5 or 6 river pirates without a ton of luck?

Of course, you could allow us to crouch, roll, and sprint as well... I'm sure that would more than offset the loss of backpedalling mobility. Plus I hate not being able to crouch or sprint.

Yes, I've long thought that decreasing backpedaling speed without giving us some compensatory ability would eliminate solo venturing as a viable possibility.

A solo or isolated fighter would be virtually doomed against a larger number of opponents - even if they're relatively poorly armed and armored, and only outnumber him by one or two fighters.

Now, that may be realistic. It probably is realistic. However, it seems to me that a fighter would have some more moves available to him in real life that we don't have in the game: our hero just doesn't have the flexibility of torso or the clever footwork (or even clumsy footwork) to safely dodge to one side, engage an opponent, backup and shift attack to a second opponent and so on.

Which is not to suggest that speedy backpedaling is ideal. It isn't. Yet without giving him some more combat moves, your footbound hero would be easily swarmed, have his attacks constantly interrupted and killed.

I agree that more work needs to be done here. I would like to see things like morale and fatigue (I've suggested this before with virtually no response 'cause no one cares) added as well as some extra combat moves for foot soldiers, but I don't see the mood of this forum as really wanting it.

Too many posters are proud of their defeating 100 Knights in solo combat and they see it as a good thing. (I've posted about that before to my misfortune in the Discussions forum). I see it as a serious weakness in the AI - but most players want the big victory. So who am I to argue? Just the Strangest.

JohnathanStrange said:
Too many posters are proud of their defeating 100 Knights in solo combat and they see it as a good thing. (I've posted about that before to my misfortune in the Discussions forum). I see it as a serious weakness in the AI - but most players want the big victory. So who am I to argue? Just the Strangest.

Thats because our generation has been filled with games that make your character "God", who slaughters people by the hundreds.

I think they should lowe the speed, with or without moves. god forbid we decide to use tactics, different troop types, etc etc.

Kill 100 black knights solo.....only because none of them are smart enough to try and surround you, everyone B lines towards.......thats nothing to be proud of.

The game is too easy as it is.

They'd never complain about their group of 5 peasants killing the solo blacknight, but if the solo blacknight winds up killing them its "Lets complain on the forums!"

Crouching could IMO be included, it should increase crossbow accuracy.

Kinda like in Gothic ??

i would love to crouch, alos would love to have an order to "TAKE COVER" and my men hide and crouch behind rock, hills and trees

Ian

Back
Top Bottom