Status
Not open for further replies.

Scar

Prussian Immortal
Marquis
8dAMHqJ.png

The Warband Native League is brought to you by

qzxAvSo.png

Hey Banders and Bladers! Here we are at the end of Season 3 of the Warband Native League. We changed the general concept of the league, managed to get a sponsor on board with Phreaky Gear and we feel like the the league has improved as a result. As usual with these threads, I'll congratulate the top 3 teams then move onto some observations and thank yous.

So first up congratulations to KURWA for becoming Warband Native League champions and picking up those prized t-shirts! You overcame all opponents and are deserved winners. You proved both skillful and tactically adept at all stages and are worthy winners.

ReneKB said:
Commiserations to Apis Europae who were valiant in defeat. You've been at the top of the scene for so long but missed out this time. You should be proud of your past performances and your 2nd place.

Finally both commiserations and congratulations to Nameless. This was your first true attempt in a major tournament and you proved extremely capable participants. Taking 3rd place is an excellent achievement and I believe the whole scene is excited to see what you're capable of doing in the future.

v2YUGcF.png

fk7vLUq.png

FcWgDIw.png

As with the previous season, I'd like to say a thank you to a few groups and individuals.

First of all, a big thank you to our generous sponsors at Phreaky Gear who provided the prizes this season. The feedback of the little thread we posted to introduce you showed how much your sponsorship means to the community, it definitely made the WNL an even more interesting and attractive tournament than before. Thank you for the great cooperation we had from the admin team and for your involvement in the scene, a sentiment I'm sure every player will only wish to echo.

Next I'd like to thank the admin team. Duken was the initial driving force behind this season, managing to get Phreaky on board as a sponsor and handling all communication with them making this season more professional than ever before. Folms joined right after he just had finished hosting the Nations Cup and immediately proved himself to be a huge asset to the team, working extremely hard despite having a lot to do in his less important non-warband life. Toi who didn't have any experience as an admin before immediately proved himself to be a worthy addition working hard and his advice was particularly useful. ReneKB once again proved himself to be an invaluable part of the team, taking care of all the business regarding the WNL servers and the server mod. Well, and not much needs to be said about Deacon - he keeps the league running ever since Season one, all the stuff he does for all of us is absolutely tremendous and I'm seriously just glad we have guys like him in the community. Finally I also want to thank all the previous admins of the tournament, who set the basis for what the tournament is today – Goliath, Flecha, Mawi, Stuboi, Harman, Maynd, Prince Eugen and Greed.

Thank you to all the referees who kept the league running as smoothly as possible, spending their spare time to help out the teams, admins and streamers. Thank you to Aidan, Arkantos, Arraknia, Boris, Crazyboy11, Courroux, Dreaon, Fabio, Galahad, Grenade, KilleR, Kragen, Marda, Nero, Raven, OurGloriousLeader, Varsung, Watly and last but not least Zaharist.

Next up I'd like to thank our server sponsors and donators. Others have said it numerous times before, I can only repeat what they've said - without your extremely generous donations, tournaments like the Warband Native League wouldn't be possible. You keep this community and its tournaments alive and receive way less credit than you actually deserve in my opinion. Thank you to ReneKB, The Kingdom of Swadia and Wolfpack for the their servers and everyone who donated for the servers or helped them out in another way. Thanks also to Tomyboy who has done much of the admin work related to the Germany servers and kept the donations thread going.

I'd like to thank Captain Lust, Eman and all the other casters on MB_TV. The amount of work you guys put in to create interesting and entertaining content for the Warband community and others interested in the game is absolutely brilliant and deserves huge respect.

Thank all the guys that posted suggestions and feedback and shared their ideas with us regarding the tournament helping to constantly improve and develop it. You can't imagine of how much help you guys were.

Finally I want to thank every single team, every single player that took part in this season. I hope you enjoyed playing as much as I personally did and I hope you all come back next season. Apologies to anyone I may have missed out.

Observations

Let me go over some observations I made this season, would be good to hear your feedback on them! Will probably set up a thread with a few points of discussion for people to go over.

Divisions

So, as I already said, we completely changed the concept of the WNL this season. Whilst the dropouts are certainly a problem with the division system, I do like the idea that every team in the end has something to fight for which encourages teams to stay until the end. We are not sure if we will keep this format, we will obviously base it on your feedback as well as our own thoughts.

Playoffs

Given we stick to the division system, we should maybe have another look at the playoffs. Whilst I do think it is necessary to ensure that teams in the same division are on a similar skill level, I guess it's sort of frustrating for teams in lower divisions to not get promoted after a good season because they lost in a close match with a team that didn't play as good as them over the whole duration of the tournament.

Referees

Whilst in theory I believe the idea is a good one, in practice it has not worked out as hoped. Finding enough players to spectate the matches who aren't in some way biased is extremely difficult. Folms did an excellent job attempting to organise the referees but it was a very difficult task. We hoped at the start of the season to implement an "Admin by ID" system. We believe this would be the best path looking into the future and hopefully something will be in place by the time the next tournament begins.

What's next?

There will likely be a fairly lengthy break over the summer. Fear not though as there's a 5-a-side tournament being hosted that you can find in the guildhall. There's also the exciting prospect of the EU Campaign hosted by MaHud and Arch3r. Both of which should keep you happy until the next competitive tournament begins!

Really can't wait for the next tournament. I hope (and need to ask this question here) Bannerlord won't comes out until then. What happens to the WNL Seasons on Warband if Bannerlord comes out before -or in the middle of it- ?

I did write a small thank you note on Twitter and in some match topic but i think i should write one more time.

Admin team esp. Scar, Duken, Folms and Rene did a great job. And the ref team did pretty well. Having been on two major tourneys' ref team (Bad luck that i had some real life stuff to blockade me from doing refing half of the season) thought me good things. And had the chance to meet and be good friends with people i did not know before. And i must say refs did pretty well job if you need to comapre to the NC 2014'.
I want to thank to the players and the teams whose matches i did oversee and reffed' because of being a good sport.

I like to thanks to the Court of Reveran and the Renegades for both to letting me be a part of the team and moving forwards no mather the score, rather than dropping out. We need to thank all the player and the teams choose to play rather than dropping out. I would like to thank Modus to be a good sport and his will to play in the tourney, Mahud for his energy to play as well as Duken for his contributions to the team. Arch3r, well he deserves more than thanks in my opinion because of founding such a clan like CoR and keeping it together for what ever happens till today (and i hope in the future this goes like this.) All hail the King! :lol: Kain, if he does not show up of our last matches we would not be able to participate those. He did well with his raging and moral support as well as being a good commander. BlackTide for well he rallied us before the merge with the Renegades. He is the reason for me to participate in this tourney with CoR. Even if he left for KURWA after three weeks, well he won the tournament thats something. He needs a medal for being one of the nicest and best friends in the community!

Finally I also want to thank all the previous admins of the tournament, who set the basis for what the tournament is today – Goliath, Flecha, Harman, Mawi, Stuboi, Harman, Maynd, Prince Eugen and Greed.

Nice, Harman did really good job, if he is mentioned twice : )

Also there is lack of part "Special thanks to Scar, for taking care about league during the whole season. Good work!
Do not forget about persons conducting Betting Corner - just a pity that they couldn't bring it to the end." : /

Thanks for AE not getting baned in finals.
Also thanks for Manyd for great tournament.
And thanks for lust cuz sandibus bestest map
and thanks to everyone who stayd in teh tournament til teh end except IG who didn't want to hav traininks lel.
thakns guise gud tournament nice admins very referees.

We from HO also want to thank every friend and new clan we met in this season.

It was our first season and we are proud to be 17th in Div C.

We can‘t wait for the next season but we will train and come back better than ever before.

Cheers guys

dis leagu was even bittar than ecs, im glad dat ther were so many teams in evry division and mainly thanks to admins and referees for hard work, yu did graet job, thanks to lust and eman for streamink a lot of mačes and thanks for evryoen who maed soem drama, 'kause dramas maeks competitive scene moar interestink, and thanks to mah teammates for playink and not disbandink ahahah

sotamursu123 said:
and thanks to everyone who stayd in teh tournament til teh end except IG who didn't want to hav traininks lel.
relaXcz said:
dis leagu was even bittar than ecs, im glad dat ther were so many teams in evry division and mainly thanks to admins and referees for hard work, yu did graet job, thanks to lust and eman for streamink a lot of mačes and thanks for evryoen who maed soem drama, 'kause dramas maeks competitive scene moar interestink, and thanks to mah teammates for playink and not disbandink ahahah
There are rules about making an effort with your written communication. Nobody wants to look at this ****. Cut it out now.

Very well done to all the admins and refs. Sick tournament and a drama-free final (amazing). Awesome to be able to break streaming records as well.

GG KURWA!

Captain Lust said:
sotamursu123 said:
relaXcz said:
There are rules about making an effort with your written communication. Nobody wants to look at this ****. Cut it out now.

Very well done to all the admins and refs. Sick tournament and a drama-free final (amazing). Awesome to be able to break streaming records as well.

GG KURWA!

its slang, ar u racist frank? oh, i forgot, yu ar mad 'kause i beat yur favorite playir, top overall best overpower super top superman playir peter, oh, and u ar mad 'kause we won? we beat super dream team, with not prepared team? oh okai, we didnt break any rule of dis forum, but you did, wač it - "Nobody wants to look at this ****.  **** **** **** ****" - captainlust

so, when yu ar on so high position, yu can ban meh or mute meh, to maek yu feel good, i can do nothink 'bout it, but i will speak as mah mouth has growed

I think there should be another division, huge difference between top C and bottom B, same with top B and bottom A (with Wolfpack being special) !!!

Thanks a lot again to the organizers, we had a lot of fun :wink:

And also thanks a lot to Kapitän Lustig and Eman for the amazing streams! I had a lot of fun watching them...My personal highlights were
1) Yami falling off the bridge
2) the horse that came back and killed LeRoux (?) in the first AE vs Kurwa after he shot its rider  :mrgreen:
3) "Jarlghanistan claims that territory for mother country!" (or similar) by Eman  :grin:
4) Mountain Fortress Intro v2
5) Varsung and Franz as Keyplayers in our roster

for the play-offs...

It looks a lot like you made a good judgement beforehand in deciding who is in which Division. Both our match vs CoR and especially IR's vs Legend were close and could have gone the other way. The only problem I see is that the team that tries to get up is not used to the higher standard which the other team had the whole season, but I don't know what you could do there. I don't really think you can say at least for us that we "lost in a close match with a team that didn't play as good as [us] over the whole duration of the tournament"...they just had way harder opponents (and of course we both tried to lose, so we won by losing). But i can't quite judge little changes in the system, I'm too lazy to look up how it "should have been" without the drop-outs in A and B. But basically the play-off should stay :smile:

Ps: nicht aufregen Scar, Relax hat scheins viel zu viel Zeit und vertreibt sie sich halt so :razz:

Fun fact: If you look at Relax's first 10 posts on the forum, about 3 years ago, you'll see he is actually able to write english, even while being respectful at the same time. I didn't believe it myself, but there you have it. I guess somewhere along the way he decided he'd rather be a troll.  :cool:

The people you get along with somehow can influence and change your behaviour, like in this precise case. Some people who behave in a certain way individually can act in a different way because of the influence of their "circle of friends" :/

Sir Galahad the Pure said:
The people you get along with somehow can influence and change your behaviour, like in this precise case. Some people who behave in a certain way individually can act in a different way because of the influence of their "circle of friends" :/

How come Ceasar didn't get nicer after meeting you then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom