Best mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Drakken said:
Light and Darkness was my favorite mod for a time, for a time only, the mod is outstanding but maybe a little too linear and magic can kill the fun, the whole balance is suspicious.
Persino in my TOP3 with a 0.6 its not so bad.
If i remember well Michadr was alone up to the 0.3, am i right?

Light and Darkness has the greatest amount of new gameplay, even for the most jaded Warband player such as myself. It also has some of the greatest coding achievements in a while.

And yeah, Mich was alone until about 3/4 of the way through 0.4 development, unless you count one useless 'writer' who created the lore for Maccavia.

Gotta Agree this is probably the best mod i've played for mount and blade, i have already sunk more hours into this mod then i have the Native game ( and i put easily 150+ hours into that) i cant wait till the next update it looks amazing

Drakken said:
For me this is not the best yet, this is a promising mod and even better with MelanieWard changes but Pendor is still a better mod and that Games of Throne mods (clash of kings) is good too even if the dev is like.. Sandor Clegan.. But he is still a very good moder.

My TOP 3 is

1 Pendor  (finished)
2 Clash of Kings, (unfinished)
3 Persino (unfinished)

Imho the best feature in each mod.

1 Pendor:  (Your own knights order )
2 Clash of Kings ( The quests line, some quests are realy good)
3 Persino (melanieWard improvements haha)  :wink:
Persino is still the youngest mod and Michadr worked solo for a long time so the door is open for this mod to become my N°1  :cool:

Nothing compares to the knighthood parts of PoP (not just the own knighthood).  The problem with PoP is that it's too easy after reaching around lvl 25, due to the overpowered rune weapons, Noldor armor and horses.  You can almost single-handedly win a war with maximum difficulty.  To conquer Pendor, all you need to do is saving large sum of money before starting a war.  Battle-wise, it's too easy.

IMO, Perisno can easily win it in the near future, especially when I can play as an elf!

Elf said:
Nothing compares to the knighthood parts of PoP (not just the own knighthood).  The problem with PoP is that it's too easy after reaching around lvl 25, due to the overpowered rune weapons, Noldor armor and horses.  You can almost single-handedly win a war with maximum difficulty.  To conquer Pendor, all you need to do is saving large sum of money before starting a war.  Battle-wise, it's too easy.

IMO, Perisno can easily win it in the near future, especially when I can play as an elf!

You still need time to reach level 25 :wink:

In Persino you can capture a town in 2 to 3 weeks, wait for a country to be at war with 2 nations (95% of the time this is poor Tolrania ^^) wait for a town to be captured by the nation you are attacking, play as an elf (a litle better) and destroy the weak garison (50/60 men) with your bowmen) the town is your, then offer peace since they are already at war with 2 nations they wil answer YES, and you have a town and several villages. Give the villages to your henchmens, gather your strengh declare war on them again and steal another town or a couple of castles, offer peace again, and you have a mini kingdom already. Caping your first town in Pop is always painfull and you need time and troops.

Personally i am not playing like that, i am rather building my character and my henchmens, i never plunder villages. I am building up my honor. (helping vailagers with no rewards, releasing captured lords)
And i am trying my best to keep all the faction well balanced, if one is too strong i will attack their lords, i am joining the weakest factions as a merc and when i feel ready to conquer, with VERY powerfull henchmen, usualy after 300 to 800 days in game, an honor around 200, an army of 200 or more a good amount of money, good incomes with one factory in any town. And since your honor is high, honorable lords already love you and since you have released the lords again and again they love you even more so you will turn them one by one.
Today i don't give land to my henchmen anymore i keep them with me, you can still give lands to the followers your hencmen can't stand.

they wil answer YES
Realy? 90% of times they will ask for high enought (50-100k) tribute for the peace with weak newborn faction despite of the number of war fronts. It's not a modified diplomacy from PoP, where such moves were possible.
Caping your first town in Pop is always painfull and you need time and troops
Just wait for interrupted siege or sacking of one of the cities by minor factions armies.

T.L.S. said:
they wil answer YES
Realy? 90% of times they will ask for high enought (50-100k) tribute for the peace with weak newborn faction despite of the number of war fronts. It's not a modified diplomacy from PoP, where such moves were possible.
Caping your first town in Pop is always painfull and you need time and troops
Just wait for interrupted siege or sacking of one of the cities by minor factions armies.

You are right for both case. i forgot the towns in POP can be raided and the garrisons after the raid are very very weak this is espacially true since you can drag the raiders over a town and at a time they will stop following you to plunder the town, so yep you can do that early in the game too, my mistake.

But i still remember caping 1 town in 2 different Persino games early in the game (less than20 days)
and i was always able to keep the town with a very young character.
By attacking bandits of all kind and feeding the town with their prisoneers.
You could even offer the town to one of your henchmen so he can regenerate the garrison faster than you.

you will get lots more downloads plus its easy to do so people can download it in 5 seconds thank you for your time that is all bye

sam elmo said:
you will get lots more downloads plus its easy to do so people can download it in 5 seconds thank you for your time that is all bye
wtf are you talking about? i think this guy is just plain trolling now...

sam elmo said:
You posted this 3 times and sent me a pm. I think I got what you are trying to say :smile: so no more posting this, thank you.

The thing i love the most in this mod is that it is not empty like most of other mods. In other mods(except pendor)  you can travel the whole day without meeting anyone to hunt down. Here if you don t pay attention you will get devoured by huge ass armies. I believe the more populated the world the better. Minor factions and bandits should mix together. I believe Perisno is on the best way towards that goal.

Back
Top Bottom