• No

Votes: 30 30.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ancalimon said:
masterborn12 said:
now kurdish people has always been in war against iranians and turkish.

You have been informed wrong.

Urgrevling said:
That's like, so retro! Now we just need to reinstate the Holy Roman Empire to beat them at their own game.

Ancalimon response

*throws pokeball*

For some reason you are growing on me. ^.^
I actually like your sense of humour, very English.

When ancalimon wants to be he's the funniest person on this forum.

Also ISIS --> ISIL might have been backtracking when they realised that "Syria" historically encompassed everything from adana to gaza and the red sea. Saves them having to be called ISI,S,G,Lb,Jrd etc. Also gives them free casus belli against that whole portion of land.

The Spread of the Caliphate: The Islamic State (Part 1)

What's with this pointing finger up thingie? What does it mean (except being mainly muslim thingie)?

Yes I've noticed that a lot too. It's done by a lot of imams as well as some politicians in middle east countries. I think its purpose is to invoke some authority by the person doing it, but I personally just find it very pretentious and off-putting.

Swadius 2.0 said:
Yes I've noticed that a lot too. It's done by a lot of imams as well as some politicians in middle east countries. I think its purpose is to invoke some authority by the person doing it, but I personally just find it very pretentious and off putting.
Aye, I think it's some teacher thing for them, but same as you, I find it extremely annoying and somewhat rude.

Dunno if any of you have heard this (you probably have): Apparently IS-whatever is on the move again and is threatening the city where the US/international military advisers are based out of, along with an American embassy. Some 40,000 people from a religious minority that IS doesn't like have been trapped and besieged on a mountaintop for a week and are beginning to starve, and the US government is considering airdropping supplies to the people and launching airstrikes against IS.

Sorry for the probably ****ty report; I'm trying to recall the details from last night's news from memory.

In-post edit: Looks like like they approved it: http://abcnews.go.com/International/us-carries-airstrike-isis-iraq/story?id=24897334

trueten said:
The Spread of the Caliphate: The Islamic State (Part 1)

What's with this pointing finger up thingie? What does it mean (except being mainly muslim thingie)?

Rifles in church, "die for the cause," heads on pikes, "send us your soldiers so we can humiliate them," etc., seems to have formed up into one rip-roaring good time of a regional Holy War.

Meanwhile, Obama has given the greenlight to U.S. airstrikes in support of Iraq.

My understanding was that Obama had simply given authorization to provide air support but that rather grammatically challened "TheWire.com" article seems to suggest that air strikes have occurred. Guess we are back at war in Iraq?

Wellenbrecher said:
Swadius 2.0 said:
Yes I've noticed that a lot too. It's done by a lot of imams as well as some politicians in middle east countries. I think its purpose is to invoke some authority by the person doing it, but I personally just find it very pretentious and off putting.
Aye, I think it's some teacher thing for them, but same as you, I find it extremely annoying and somewhat rude.
It's pointing up, as to indicate that god is watching, god is all- seeing and knowing. God is great, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom