• Yes

Votes: 69 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 30 30.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the new President of Iraq. Fuad Masum.
2014_7_24_3oUAOaNrgI0YTO2xG2DEF6.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuad_Masum

It seems he has ties with the left, but more closely with the Kurds.

Apparently Irak balance is having a kurdish president, a sunni parliament president and a shia prime minister.
Soon prime minister election also, i think we'll see kind of a counter steering from Maliki's sectarian policies, but this would happen too late anyway.

Yes that is true the thing is the kurdish regions are the only stable region in there i mean war doesnt exist there. And if they left iraq, iraq itself would lose all stability it has. Thats bad the western countries because it means that ISIS has a chance of winning and if they do then western powers will lose all influence it had on iraq. now kurdish people has always been in war against iranians and turkish. Now the turks are more cooperative because of 20% of turkey is kurdish and erdogan needs that 20% to secure is political career. Iran needs iraq because of establishing a vassal similar to what syria did against lebanon. Iran wants Shia to dominate in those regions.

Now the kurdish has been kinda successfull in both syria and iraq, in iraq they extended over 40% while in syria lets say alot because they never had any regions there.  Israel needs kurds 99% because of interest in oil and a stable ally and 1 % because of historical stuff.

Sorry for my crappy english

Iraqi Oil Ministry successfully petitioned a US District Court that a tanker-full of crude near Houston belongs legally to them, and not to the Kurdish Resource Ministry. Which means that the US Marshall Service will now have to empty the tanker, somehow. This is the first time that Iraqi Central Government has successfully blocked the Kurds from selling crude on their own.

Jhessail said:
Iraqi Oil Ministry successfully petitioned a US District Court that a tanker-full of crude near Houston belongs legally to them, and not to the Kurdish Resource Ministry. Which means that the US Marshall Service will now have to empty the tanker, somehow. This is the first time that Iraqi Central Government has successfully blocked the Kurds from selling crude on their own.

I don't imagine the Kurds are going to sit still for that. Iraq is not exactly in prime position to pick a fight with the Kurds, and I don't see the U.S. exactly taking sides with the Iraqis in the event of a fight.

So, what's been going on recently? The TV world news shows around here haven't payed Iraq any attention in a while, what with MH17 and the reigniting of the Israel-Gaza scrum. Has ISIS pushed further and/or attacked the Iraqi defenses in force, or have they just been content to settle down with what territory that they have captured? 

From what I've read they made tiny gains on minor periphery areas but they haven't been able to make any progress towards Baghdad. As expected (aside from the Chicken Littles, I mean).

Sunni-militias are stringing up Shi'ite from lamp posts as a warning to ISIL sympathizers and ISIL is of course doing the same. Kurds are trying to sell the crude oil they have in three different tankers around the world but are hitting legal obstacles. There has been fighting in several villages/towns but nothing major, like their initial breakthrough.

Jhessail said:
Sunni-militias are stringing up Shi'ite from lamp posts as a warning to ISIL sympathizers and ISIL is of course doing the same.

You got Sunni and Shia backwards.

The way she wrote it makes it look like the Sunni militias oppose the Sunni ISIL so they are both killing Shiites as a warning to each other to stay away.

This is so crazy it just might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom