Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

After winning a tournament the cheering did not stop until i quit warband. Does anyone know how to stop this bug?

Kissaki said:
Hanakoganei said:
He's playing a fantasy game anyway. He can do whatever he wants with his game. We're just providing options.
Sure - I was just providing input, in case he was under the impression - and so it seemed to me - that a one-handed style would somehow be quicker, and that his suggestion then would be in line with realism.

Fantasy is all well and good, and I have not complained about unhistorical elements in the game. But the opposite is also true: just because this is a fantasy game doesn't mean that we should throw accuracy and logic to the winds. We're not to shun accuracy, or this wouldn't even be a samurai mod at all.
I think by "fantasy game" hanakoganei meant "fantasy playthrough".

Articulo34 said:
jwagne51 said:
After winning a tournament the cheering did not stop until i quit warband. Does anyone know how to stop this bug?
It´s not a problem with the mod, but a Warband bug. And no, so far there is no fix for it.

Some tightening of the stop_all_sounds conditions at the end of the tournament mission template would probably work.

Yeah more or less. I mean we even have a "sabakatou" included in the mod, which is an obvious take-off of the sakabatou. The concept is ridiculous for real life usage, but it exists. You have the option to ignore it, but if you really wanna play like Kenshin, the Gekokujo mod won't stop you.

If you wanna fantasize about being more skilled with a one-handed style of holding a sword, we shouldn't be restricted from doing so.

All that said though, I wish the engine actually allowed for it better. Not just that but actual stances, which provide benefits like they do IRL. On a practical level that fits proper warfare theories, we need actual stances for spear formations, musket lines, etc.

Hanakoganei said:
Yeah more or less. I mean we even have a "sabakatou" included in the mod, which is an obvious take-off of the sakabatou. The concept is ridiculous for real life usage, but it exists. You have the option to ignore it, but if you really wanna play like Kenshin, the Gekokujo mod won't stop you.

If you wanna fantasize about being more skilled with a one-handed style of holding a sword, we shouldn't be restricted from doing so.
Exactly. My point was merely that he shouldn't have any undue advantages by doing so. Like I said, I do not object to the fantasy elements in the game, which is why I have kept all the agents with their ninja-to, the sakabato or other such elements. But I do not like illogical behaviour. For example, I can understand that in its own context, the sakabato would be given good cutting stats. But if eg. it were to have the range of a yari despite obviously not being that long, I would raise an eyebrow. Just like this suggestion of using katana one-handed, even specializing in it. By all means, and that isn't even unrealistic as such - but granting this style extra speed is an illogical advantage. Speed comes from the weapon and one's skill in handling it. This is already represented in the game, aided by the separation of one handed and two handed skills, and there is no reason to change it or add to it for the inclusion of this feature.

Speaking of the sakabato, I notice that it has two sets of stats, the only difference between them being that one mode deals slightly more damage. When I try to X between the different modes, I see no change in stance or grip, so I can't really tell which mode I'm in. I am fairly certain I haven't changed that key binding, but that's something I'll have to check when I get home.

^
wow i was typing that question and suddenly, poof, red warning message about a new reply
:shock:

yeah i also have been wondering about that
usually, how you use it depends on wether there is an off-hand equipment like shields equipped, but there is no such thing in gekokujo

-that kinda reminds me, kengeki gaiden uses wakizashi and other shorter blades as offhand, like some sort of pseudo-shields where you use them to block easily like shields but can't block arrows, and the longer blades as main weapon with one/two tag

I'm not sure if the following is a fault of the game, or the item editor, but it pertains to the use of swords from horseback:

It is annoying when I accidentally thrust or cut overhead when I wish to sweep by and cut someone with katana or tachi. So annoying that I thought I'd edit away the mounted overhead slash and thrust from these weapons.

Well, using the editor, I find that the boxes for these attacks, for these weapons, were unchecked anyway (or perhaps I unchecked them at some point in the past and forgot about it). Anyway, it's not working. When I removed mounted slashes from yari, that worked - though curiously I had to have mounted one handed thrust checked in order for mounted polearm thrust to work. But removing the overhead slash and the thrust seems to be problematic. Suggestions?

Edit: I found the solution. At the top of the weapon stats in the item editor, I unchecked one handed overhead slash and one handed thrust. That did the trick.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the faction relations report yet. You can scroll up and down just fine, but since there is no way to scroll left or right, I am unable to see well over half the factions on the right hand side. This means that for any faction "lost" somewhere on the right, I can never see their relations to more than a few clans. This includes my clan, Asakura. Until there is a fix that allows for left-right scrolling, then, the faction relations report is rather useless.

I had a thought about it, whether to make a 2nd or even 3rd page (new presentations) for the not scrollable clans.
At first I was searching a way for two scrollbars but I think it is not possible to have two different scrollbars working with each other, not absolutely sure though.

Well, as it was mostly only interesting for me when ruling over your own clan, I didn't go deeper, haha.

an old japanese women hair style like senjougahara can you add this on character creation for female?
bakemonogatari-12-senjougahara-hair-up.jpg

i think it would look good in an armor

Kissaki said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the faction relations report yet. You can scroll up and down just fine, but since there is no way to scroll left or right, I am unable to see well over half the factions on the right hand side. This means that for any faction "lost" somewhere on the right, I can never see their relations to more than a few clans. This includes my clan, Asakura. Until there is a fix that allows for left-right scrolling, then, the faction relations report is rather useless.

As I have increased the default font size of Windows by quite a lot, many programs behave strangely, I always thought this was because of this  :oops: . Else I would have reported it ages ago... Great that you have mentioned it!

2 suggestions that I find pertinent:

-Make the katana type weapons two handed/one handed again, since the functionality remains the same, but the idle animation seems more appropriate, looks more relaxed and correlates better to the weight and lengh of the weapon.

-The other suggestion is to disable bodyguards in towns and villages, or at least add an option for it. I really hate having my guys following me around all the time, always getting in the way and annoying me with their presence. I don't want a ghuman pet dammit!

That aside, I gotta say, congratulations on the release of the new patch, this mod is amazing, especially the environments.

Chuckpalomo said:
-Make the katana type weapons two handed/one handed again, since the functionality remains the same, but the idle animation seems more appropriate, looks more relaxed and correlates better to the weight and lengh of the weapon.
You might want to try the animations submod. Among other things, it adds different idle animations for two-handed weapons.

Chuckpalomo said:
-The other suggestion is to disable bodyguards in towns and villages, or at least add an option for it. I really hate having my guys following me around all the time, always getting in the way and annoying me with their presence. I don't want a ghuman pet dammit!
0, F1, F1

DANG how can the archers in this game so stupid? at weapon mastery 190 the archers still miss at close range.. this mod amazes me

Are you shooting in volleys? Don't use volley fire with archers. It's messed up because of the archery system in Warband, where holding a shot for too long makes it greatly inaccurate for some reason. It affects NPCs too.

If not that, I'm not experiencing the same issue at all. Archers in my game are pretty good. I prefer archers to musketeers in fact due to rapid fire rate better suiting my mobile tactics than setting up a musket line.

maybe it has something to do with muscle tension for realism consideration, like trembling after drawing too long,

anyway, unfortunately the ashigaru has a mix of bow-teppo, which makes some awkward situations in both volley and fire-at-will
of course there's samurai, temple warriors, and outlanders, but i think, the temples are too far and therefore unreliable troop sources, and by the time we have an army of entirely samurai unit, tactics are no longer required unless we are facing war campaigns

noo its really obvious if you compare it to warband and ACOK. im not talking about me aiming im talking about how my units AI being so messed up aiming at close or normal range. i really like having my companions for archery specially on sieges i did that on warband native and its pretty normal. altho the armors in ACOK was boring the archers configuration there is superb. if you equip the units with a Long Bow aspd 81 weapon mastery 120 like an elite sellsword bowman they can really hit a very long range may it low or high terrain point which is amazing to look at. however if you put that on a companion with a bow weapon mastery 300 they can really do crazy headshots. its really been configured expertly. as the weapon mastery goes up so as the speed of arrow. the travel speed of an arrow in this mod at WM 190 is very slow it never changes like WM 30 and so on. its quite dissapointing. the only thing i can praise in this mod compared to other mods is that mounted samurai enemies are strong and they can use spears really good compared to the other mounted units i fought in other mods. please reconfigure the archers if you can.

yes that's so true i think the samurai units are so strong that you won't need tactics anymore if you have a lot of them. they should be nerfed and the range unit must be improved

Twice now I have ransomed a lord without getting any money for it. The first time I was offered 5000, which I accepted, but my cash still only amounted to 4000 something afterwards (the amount I already had). The second time I was offered 10000 for a great lord, and again actually received nothing. Both times, however, I got the message that the money was added to my treasury, and I heard the cash-sound play. I allowed myself the use of the money-cheat to compensate, otherwise I think I would have been a little miffed.

sikatjamban said:
maybe it has something to do with muscle tension for realism consideration, like trembling after drawing too long,
Yup, and it's been in the game since the very beginning of M&B. It is perfectly realistic that you should be penalized for holding the bow at full draw too long, and there is no evidence that volley fire was ever used with archers, anywhere (and certainly not Japan). The benefits of volley fire are only manifest with firearms, where you would get a great psychological effect from the thunderous noise, and where you align your men in ranks - necessitating the organized rotation between two or three ranks because of the slow rate of fire. With archers, however, volley fire would only add predictability and decrease rate of fire.

War archery IRL was sometimes done in volleys, but it was likely not called "volley firing", because firing an arrow means to set it on fire. Archer commanders would've instead order a timed "loose".

The philosophy behind this is probably the same as volley fire with guns, but it's likely more about having pre-marked kill-zones with considered angles for archers to loose, which is part of what they trained for, especially siege defenders.

Hunting with traditional bows will sometimes require you to hold your draw for a fairly long time. Thirty seconds or so isn't unheard of. As long as your bow isn't too heavy for you to draw to begin with (in which case you shouldn't even be using it), holding a shot shouldn't affect accuracy as much as your form/technique, which, if you're an archer of considerable skill as your Warband character is supposed to be, should be pretty good already by 150 proficiency, and flawless by 300.

Bottom line is, if you're supposed to be an experienced archer, the lighter bows like practice bows and essentially all types of Japanese bows should never lose any accuracy at all based on how long you hold the shot and you should be able to hold the shot for several minutes before you start to feel muscle fatigue.

They (TaleWorlds) likely did that as a game balancing thing instead of a realism thing. It gives an advantage to the crossbow/musket, with which you can move while a shot is readied offset by their slow reload time and the [default] inability to reload while moving, unlike the bow, which you can "reload" while moving, but needs to be drawn only when you've acquired a target.

In any case Warband is a terrible emulation of archery in real life lol.

Kissaki said:
Both times, however, I got the message that the money was added to my treasury, and I heard the cash-sound play. I allowed myself the use of the money-cheat to compensate, otherwise I think I would have been a little miffed.
Have you checked your treasury? If you didn't know your treasury is with your Chamberlain. It's a feature of Diplomacy, which is included in Gekokujo.

Back
Top Bottom