Gekokujo: Submods (Announce, Release, Comment, and Suggest)

Users who are viewing this thread

Uploaded a fix for the mountain borders submod.

Should fix the background for foggy weather.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/htyq57ag0d00c4n/terrain_borders.brf

20EBB5909D0A3419BE6F3231D2FC92DEAD425B35

I have a suggestion. It might not be necessary as it's own submod, but maybe added to an already existing one. If we had some Bajozutsu (tanegashima in the form of a pistol) in game. Would make being a "modern" style cavalryman easier, instead of having to carry around a long arquebus.

ThegnAnsgar said:
I have a suggestion. It might not be necessary as it's own submod, but maybe added to an already existing one. If we had some Bajozutsu (tanegashima in the form of a pistol) in game. Would make being a "modern" style cavalryman easier, instead of having to carry around a long arquebus.

I tought today about it as well... i would love to have this "handcanons" :grin:

Edit: is it posible to add the Gekokujo - Shogun Edition armor in Gekokujo 3.0 ?

Sekij said:
ThegnAnsgar said:

I tought today about it as well... i would love to have this "handcanons" :grin:

Edit: is it posible to add the Gekokujo - Shogun Edition armor in Gekokujo 3.0 ?

Unfortunatelly no, not by just dropping files. You have to actually do the mod yourself: copy all the resource files and textures that do not match 3.0's, add the items to item_kinds and if you wish, add those items to the troop files (all can be done easily, with a lot of patience, with Morgh's editor).

Sometime I'll post a screenshot around 'ere.

By the way: Im a big Fan of Teppos in Gekokujo and i like use Pistols as well (fire and sword or other mods) BUT here there are no Pistols. . .  i mean i tought first there where no Teppo style pistols BUt... i did some research and found quite good evidence for Pistols which were mostly used by Mounted Samurai.

612px-Antique_samurai_tanegashima_%28matchlock%29_pistols.jpg

Abd here another pic... looks quite historical to me

fdccfe5e57.jpg

They where rare but they where there  :oops:

And i read somewhere that the sound of Teppos was more like and Canon not like an muscet waht you can hear at the video ^^

jacobhinds said:
Whoa. :shock:

There are a few extra teppo/carbines/pistols/early handguns of varying lengths in OSP_firearms.brf. With a bit of texture work the arquebusiers could be quite varied.
With quite a lot of texture work. Those textures are hideous.

The new animation submod (with the fixed actions.txt) has a downside when you play as an archer, your arms block your view until finished aiming and when it reloads. I've never seen someone holding/aiming with a bow like this. Maybe it's too close (or too high when aiming)? Can't imagine an archer would block his view on the target until pulling the string, you could lose your target too easy.

Hm, no nevermind that, somehow the module file wasn't at its correct place. But I think the arrow's end needs to go more out of sight. You can still clearly see the arrow's fin(?) but from real pictures of a kyudo style stance I'd say the end of the arrow isn't really visibile anymore as it is behind the eye.
Is that adjustable? Or is the arrow just the wrong length?

I felt that the unit variety was a bit lacking in Gekokoju, so I extended the troop tree by adding a proper troop tree from the Peasant Woman. Instead of just going

Peasant Woman --> Onnabushi --> Trained Onnabushi --> Veteran Onnabushi --> Elite Onnabushi

it now goes:

Peasant Woman
                                                                                                                                                                            <>
                                                                                    Onnabushi                                                                                                                      Kyudo Josei Bushi
                                                                                          <>             
                                                Trained Onnabushi                                        Onnabushi Cavalry                                                                      Trained Kyudo Josei Bushi
                                                                                                                                  <>                                                                                                        <>
                                                Veteran Onnabushi              Onnabushi Katana Cavalry    Onnabushi Naginata Cavalry                        Josei Yabasume        Veteran Kyudo Josei Bushi

Elite Onnabushi                  Elite Onnabushi Katana Cav    Elite Onnabushi Naginata Cav                    Elite Josei Yabasume        Elite Kyudo Josei Bushi

The Trained Onnabushi line has been modified to wield progressively longer naginatas and heavier armor, rather than their previous use of naginatas, bows, and horses These have been split up into the other lines. The Cavalry line is pretty self-explanatory - they are heavy cavalry with your choice of katanas or naginatas. Kyudo means archery in Japanese (I think, I don't actually know Japanese), so you would be right in guessing the Kyudo Josei Bushi line are archers with a Wakizashi sidearm. Yabasume is the sport of horse archery, and these gals are pretty just their foot archer friends put on horses, with more compact bows.

I can put up my version of troops.txt if there's any interest. However, there are two problems with this currently.

The first is a pretty simple bug: for some reason the Josei Yabasume unit spawns without a horse, even though he has the mounted flag set, is set to use a horse, has a horse in his items, and has sufficient riding skill to ride said horse. The Elite Josei Yabasume works fine, with the same flags set and the same horse. Any help would be appreciated!

The other problem is the difficulty of acquiring Peasant Women in the base Gekokoju. The only source of them is the Peasant Women that spawn from villages with trade goods for the cities. This means the only way to recruit them is either to beat up bandits that have captured them, or to go straight to the source and knock unconscious a bunch of peasant women and recruit them from prisoners. The problem with this method is that it costs you relations with the village, the city, and the owning lord, as well as honor, so it only works for some playthroughs where you don't give a **** about those things. If it's easily possible to make peasant women recruitable somewhere, I'd love to know how. The other option is making the tree upgradable from a different unit, perhaps all the Ashigaru.

sounds interesting
I added the manage garrison in village mod to Gekokujo which lets you also take peasant women to your party.

jacobhinds said:
Animation submod 1.1 with (hopefully) all the required fixes.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ui887i7lxfozqxk/Animation+mod+for+Gekokujo+1.1.zip

Great :grin:

nuekboi said:
I remember someone was talking about a Boshin War mod in development using Gekokujo's assets. How is that going?

lol it's jacobhinds.. and i see some secrets in sayazn's resource folder :eek:

jacobhinds said:
Animation submod 1.1 with (hopefully) all the required fixes.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ui887i7lxfozqxk/Animation+mod+for+Gekokujo+1.1.zip
Did you forgot to put in the new couching animations? Still don't see them in the .brf

Back
Top Bottom