[UNAC S3] Prize Pool

Users who are viewing this thread

Volpel

Sergeant Knight
DG5_K1_Aw.png

Zzz9kf_Doto_G1s_YNSKn_g_Abq_O_of_L8b3a_Kz_ZGAOl847_I.png

Here we go again, folks.
UNAC Season 3 will have a prize pool of it's own, just like Season 1. In order to hopefully create some more hype around UNAC S3 along with a higher level competition amongst the participants, a monetary prize will be awarded to tournament winners and runner-ups.

How it works
  • The Tournament Winners will be awarded 75% of the Prize Pool.
  • The Tournament Runner-Ups, also known as the second place team, will recieve the remaining 25% of the Prize Pool.
  • Prizes will be sent to the team captain through PayPal, or the co-captains if the team captain does not have a PayPal account. However, signing up is the easiest thing in the world (If Volpel can, you can!)
  • The person that recieves the money must be over 18 years old for legal (PayPal) reasons.
Current Donators

All prizes are shown in American currency (USD).
  • Volpel: $60.00
  • Eternal: $20.00
  • John: $1.23
  • Platinum Disco: $34.78
  • Cradoc: $4.24
  • Arys: $5.00
  • TOTAL: $125.25
You can donate anonymously, or tell me your IGN and the amount you donated so you can be added on the list (in this thread or by PM).

Want to donate to UNAC S3?

You can pay through credit card if you do not have a PayPal account, or through your bank account if you have PayPal.
If you use PayPal for a donation however, please note that the transfer won't be completed until 5-8 business days.

But wait... there's more!

A Steam Game of $25 or less will be given to the tournament MVP. A panel consisting of Volpel (FFoHW), Eternal (DW), John (KoA) and Clockwise (TMW) will determine the MVP based upon various criteria (stats, percieved impact on a team/match, etc) at the end of the single elimination stage.

Thanks to Juvenile for the idea, and to Eternal for his support. Let's not forget John and Clockwise for their participation in the panel.
Many thanks to everyone who donated!

Thanks to Eternal for adding $20 to the Prize Pool. :smile:
Also thanks to John for a small but appreciated donation of $2.

Can't tell if Zaffa is sarcastic.
Also, I'll periodically add the total of anonymous donations to the list.

Thanks to Disco for his sizeable donation! Already over $100 folks! :smile:

edit: Thanks for the donation Cradoc, appreciated!

Volpel said:
DG5_K1_Aw.png

Zzz9kf_Doto_G1s_YNSKn_g_Abq_O_of_L8b3a_Kz_ZGAOl847_I.png

Here we go again, folks.
UNAC Season 3 will have a prize pool of it's own, just like Season 1. In order to hopefully create some more hype around UNAC S3 along with a higher level competition amongst the participants, a monetary prize will be awarded to tournament winners and runner-ups.

How it works
  • The Tournament Winners will be awarded 75% of the Prize Pool.
  • The Tournament Runner-Ups, also known as the second place team, will recieve the remaining 25% of the Prize Pool.
  • Prizes will be sent to the team captain through PayPal, or the co-captains if the team captain does not have a PayPal account. However, signing up is the easiest thing in the world (If Volpel can, you can!)
  • The person that recieves the money must be over 18 years old for legal (PayPal) reasons.
Current Donators

All prizes are shown in American currency (USD).
  • Volpel: $60.00
  • Eternal: $20.00
  • John: $1.23
  • Platinum Disco: $34.78
  • Cradoc: $4.24
  • TOTAL: $120.25
You can donate anonymously, or tell me your IGN and the amount you donated so you can be added on the list (in this thread or by PM).

Want to donate to UNAC S3?

You can pay through credit card if you do not have a PayPal account, or through your bank account if you have PayPal.
If you use PayPal for a donation however, please note that the transfer won't be completed until 5-8 business days.

But wait... there's more!

A Steam Game of $25 or less will be given to the tournament MVP. A panel consisting of Volpel (FFoHW), Eternal (DW), John (KoA) and Clockwise (TMW) will determine the MVP based upon various criteria (stats, percieved impact on a team/match, etc) at the end of the single elimination stage.

Thanks to Juvenile for the idea, and to Eternal for his support. Let's not forget John and Clockwise for their participation in the panel.
Many thanks to everyone who donated!

Juve for the idea. Lul  :razz:

Anyways, good to see this back.

The tournament is now officially over, with TMW Misses Whitney as the winners of the whole thing, along with Knights of Avalon as the runner-ups.

Therefore,

TMW Misses Whitney recieves US$93.94, which amounts for 75% of the Prize Pool.
Knights of Avalon will recieve the remaining 25%, which represents US$31.31.

As for the MVP prize, it will be in fact 3 MVPs, 1 per class. Stay tuned later this week to learn who will earn those Steam games!

Also,
Xenomorph4412 said:
Oh now we're paying wK to win.
lol xeno rekt

Ladies and gentlemen.

It is time to award the MVPs for UNAC season 3. 3 MVP prizes of a $25 Steam game (or less) will be given, one for infantry, one for ranged and one for cavalry.
All of the MVPs come from single elimination teams: keep in mind that it is very difficult to keep track (alone) of everyone's impact on their teams, especially since the stats are clearly not up to date on every match in the round robin.

The members of my panel being MIA (Eternal), lazy or potential nominees, I went full Frenchman dictator and I decided on the nominees myself. All the hate can therefore be directed to me on Steam or PM. Note that none of the MVPs are from semifinal teams, either because it was very one-sided (FFoHW) or part of a huge upset against them (wK): not the easiest thing to quantify impact on the matches in that situation.

Here are the MVPs!

MVP for Ranged - John [KoA]

John has proven himself to be a key part of KoA's huge upset against wK in the semifinals. Great play all around on ranged, his predilection class, and he did have an impact on cavalry on Ruins. Not to mention being the main shotcaller for his team and leading it to victory against the two-times champions of UNAC is a huge achievement that is worth mentioning.

Congratulations to John!

MVP for Cavalry - Can [TMW]

Can had a very impressive game on cavalry in the finals against KoA. Countless bumps on San'di'boush definitely helped TMW take the map 6 to 4, and gaining momentum and morale going into the second map, Field by the River. He has also displayed solid play on the last set of the match; his performance definitely deserves a MVP in my opinion. Playing that great with over 160 ping at times shows this.

Congratulations to Can!

MVP for Infantry - Warpath [TMW]

Warpath seems to be TMW's best infantry player along with the one and only Mok. Mok having played two classes and performed well on both, it is difficult for me to award any class MVP, but Warpath has been fielded as closed map infantry and open map infantry, and did exceptionally well on both maps. His open map awareness and general survivability was most impressive, and he did help carry his team to victory on the first map.

Congratulations to Warpath!

The Steam games are redeemable by requesting a game to me on Steam. I won't go out of my way to talk to you or try to add you without any kind of success, so it is your responsibility to claim your games. There is no time limit on this (until I leave Warband, I guess? lol), so choose wisely.

Back
Top Bottom