[UNAC S3] Team Grades!

Users who are viewing this thread

We had this back in UNAC S1, and it was a really interesting read. So I thought, why not bring it back? Basically the point is to focus on every teams individual classes, so that they could get some feedback or even to get opinions across. Of course it'll change by weeks as some teams may get hot or some may improve so it'll have to go by weeks.

Example:

TEAM NAME: UNAC
Infantry Grade - B
Reasoning - Their core of X, Y, Z can go toe-to-toe with the best clans in the tournament. However, I feel they need to call things out more and improve cohesion.

Cavalry Grade - C
Reasoning - Blank is arguably the best cavalry in the tournament however he can't do all the work alone especially in open maps.

Ranged Grade - A
Reasoning - I think it's appropriate to question whether they've got an aimbot at this point. Blah & Thing just don't miss, if they can keep setting up these crossfires and nailing these shots I can see them winning alot of fights.

Just paste this format below, and unleash!
Code:
[B]TEAM NAME:[/B]
[b]Infantry Grade[/b] -
[SIZE=11px]Reasoning[/SIZE] - 

[b]Cavalry Grade[/b] - 

[b]Ranged Grade[/b] - 

So just to clarify, if I feel that a clan has the best infantry in the tournament I'd give them an A. However if I think a clan has the worst, then I'd give them an F. In your reasoning include why you gave them that grade, how they can improve, or what makes them so good. Please be respectful in these grades, any sarcastic or just flat out rude comments will be removed.

Scoring Key:

A - Great
B - Good
C - Mediocre
D - Bad
F - Horrible

Credit to BkS_Rhade for coming up with this idea!

Cool!Ill try my hand at it.Ill do these 2 groups first because i just saw them and it is fresh in my mind.I do not mean to offense anyone!
TEAM NAME: DoG
Infantry Grade -B
Reasoning - very good composition and they work well together.They also have inf with the know how on when to use a spear which is looked over all too much.Only thing is they need to know when to wait for teammates.

Cavalry Grade - B
Reasoning - Changed my mind from C/B.I put B because while they are not average it is not that much above average.They can fill cav spots no matter how many they need as most can play cav.But they work better on their own than in wolf packs.Problem is they try to work in wolf packs.

Ranged Grade -A/B
Reasoning - Very good archers.Almost all the inf and cav can play well as ranged units.A few can pull off the long distance shots as-well.No real criticism here.

TEAM NAME: FFHW
Infantry Grade - A/B
Reasoning - While in hand to hand they are not far off if at all from DoG i gave them a slightly higher rating because of their survive ability.Arguable DoG works better as a team , but when its down to the last guys and the leash is gone they can wreak havoc.
Cavalry Grade - C/B
Reasoning - I was going to just put C ,but matrix skills are more than enough to bring it up.NOW LET ME EXPLAIN. I know they have good cavalry , but they make tactical errors too often and work without cohesion too often to get a higher grade in my opinion (such as removing their cavalry count advantage by charging up hill against archers instead of waiting for a push and flank). By themselves they each could get a B maybe an A but together it just does not hit the mark.

Ranged Grade - A/B
Reasoning - Good archers plain and simple.They get the spreads they get the shots.In an engagement if left unchecked they can wipe out teams. I was going to give an A , but i just feel as though it is not quite there.I might change the grade based on future matches.

Ya i will change the grades if i see something that changes my mind. ^my opinion . I love all these teams so please do not take offense and take it seriously.

P.S. i did not even realize until after that the teams are so closely matched.

Theotian said:
Cool!Ill try my hand at it.Ill do these 2 groups first because i just saw them and it is fresh in my mind.I do not mean to offense anyone!
TEAM NAME: DoG
Infantry Grade -B
Reasoning - very good composition and they work well together.They also have inf with the know how on when to use a spear which is looked over all too much.Only thing is they need to know when to wait for teammates.

Cavalry Grade - B
Reasoning - Changed my mind from C/B.I put B because while they are not average it is not that much above average.They can fill cav spots no matter how many they need as most can play cav.But they work better on their own than in wolf packs.Problem is they try to work in wolf packs.

Ranged Grade -A/B
Reasoning - Very good archers.Almost all the inf and cav can play well as ranged units.A few can pull off the long distance shots as-well.No real criticism here.

TEAM NAME: FFHW
Infantry Grade - A/B
Reasoning - While in hand to hand they are not far off if at all from DoG i gave them a slightly higher rating because of their survive ability.Arguable DoG works better as a team , but when its down to the last guys and the leash is gone they can wreak havoc.
Cavalry Grade - C/B
Reasoning - I was going to just put C ,but matrix skills are more than enough to bring it up.NOW LET ME EXPLAIN. I know they have good cavalry , but they make tactical errors too often and work without cohesion too often to get a higher grade in my opinion (such as removing their cavalry count advantage by charging up hill against archers instead of waiting for a push and flank). By themselves they each could get a B maybe an A but together it just does not hit the mark.

Ranged Grade - A/B
Reasoning - Good archers plain and simple.They get the spreads they get the shots.In an engagement if left unchecked they can wipe out teams. I was going to give an A , but i just feel as though it is not quite there.I might change the grade based on future matches.

Ya i will change the grades if i see something that changes my mind. ^my opinion . I love all these teams so please do not take offense and take it seriously.

P.S. i did not even realize until after that the teams are so closely matched.
I'd just like to point out that 2 of our best cav weren't there last night.

DoG:
Infantry Grade - D
Reasoning - Individually very poor mechanics. As a team they showed some work together on Nords, but it was 6v7 so I can't give them credit for that.

Cavalry Grade - D
Reasoning - No impact on the match. Both maps they were generally ineffective.

Ranged Grade - B
Reasoning - Sparhawk and Marquis impressed me. They consistently did a lot of work for their team.

Just based off the last match.

It'd be best if you guys graded all the teams in 1 post and really a team shouldn't be based off of 1 match, that's more along the lines of week by week, this is a overall thing. Now sure you can judge a team by weekly performance, but a single match doesn't mean much at all

Don't think I can really grade teams, unless maybe its Wk...because most of the other teams have so many new players, or are a unrecognizable clan from last unac.... have to wait till the end, and even then I'd have to watch most of the matches, so on.

This is based off all UNAC performances thus far, and trainings. I'm only gonna grade those that I've seen or played against, I'll eventually get everyone.

Infantry Grade - A
Reasoning - I'd be willing to say that TMW has the strongest infantry core in the whole tournament. Although they've lost some big infantry players such as Kherven and Oodle, they're still top notch due to the likes of Unicorn, Mike, Warpath, X, and others. If they continue to train this hard, I can see them dominating every closed map.

Cavalry Grade - A
Reasoning - The class that TMW was formerly weak on is now a strength. They've added the likes of Sikici, relaX, Trebron who are arguably the best cavalry in the world. They've also had a nice pickup in Can who can play top notch cavalry with lower ping then the other KURWA cav.

Ranged Grade - A
Reasoning - SotoMursu pr0 hacker fgt aimb0t, no but seriously TMW has a pretty strong group of archers with the likes of Sota, Clockwise, Rurin and Fiery. They're the only group of archers I can see having a close shootout with wK.

Infantry Grade - A
Reasoning - If their is any team that could match TMW's infantry, it's wK. Oodle and PPK can wreak havoc upon opposing clans, whilst their other infantry players may not be as stong as them they play well together and know what to do.

Cavalry Grade - A
Reasoning - They've picked up Boogy as cavalry which only helps their cause and the field the likes of Calamity, Gelden, Wily, Cradoc who can go toe-to-toe with most of the cavalry in the North American community. I'd like to see how they do against the a fully attended TMW cavalry squad though, they do have the ping advantage but it'd be sick to see :wink:.

Ranged Grade - A
Reasoning - wK has so many lethal archers that I don't think any other clan can match them. Lagstro, Achilles, Juve, RobertBruce, Oenomous, Calamity whilst other clans have 1 or 2 top notch archers wK fields like 4 or 5 and I think it gives them alot of flexibility.

Infantry Grade - A
Reasoning - I think this might be KoA's most improved area since UNAC S2, they've picked up Cru and Socks who are a big help to their already solid infantry core. I don't think they can beat out wK or TMW's infantry just yet, but as the tournament goes on and cohesion amoungst each other improves they'll be just as tough. 

Cavalry Grade - C
Reasoning - Let's just say it, Braveheart is a beast but he can't do all the cavalry work alone. I think KoA needs to improve on this area, if they want to win more rounds on open maps, I just don't see that many strong cav players in KoA right now.

Ranged Grade - B
Reasoning - They have a solid group of archers, and John can become lethal when he gets hot. I don't really see this area as a huge strength for them, but I don't think they can get completely shot out.

Infantry Grade - A
Reasoning - What I saw last night was Cheese try to carry his team to a victory. But that just can't be happening. It was partially due to the fact that FFoHW was missing strong infantry players such as Manry, I don't think they are lacking skill per say, but I question their infantry's attendance.

Cavalry Grade - B
Reasoning - I can make the argument that FFoHW has one of the best group of closed map cavalry players such as Hero or Volpel. But I don't think they can beat out some of the better cavalry groups such as wK on open maps. What I saw yesterday was the FFoHW cavalry just get into a giant cluster**** against the ground units of DoG, if they can avoid doing that and just support each other they'll be bumped up a grade.

Ranged Grade - B
Reasoning - I find them similar to KoA in this class, whilst they do have some good ranged such as Quantum, I just don't see this as a huge strength or weakness for them.

Infantry Grade - A
Reasoning - This infantry core that TR posses has so much potential. I believe after gaining some more experience and cohesion this group can match up to every other infantry core in thr scene. Players such as, Heat, Creed, Killjoy come to mind but they have alot of strong infantry players they just need to learn how to support one another.

Cavalry Grade - C
Reasoning - Core was a huge pickup for TR, this was the area in which they needed alot of help. When thinking of TR cavalry players I could only come up with Insane and Brin who are both solid cavalry but they need help especially in open maps.

Ranged Grade - D
Reasoning - I'd pick Fatso as archer over many others in the community, but he just can't be the only one. They need to either train another archer, or pick one up. Tate is a good archer, but I question his attendance and even with him it's still not enough.

Infantry Grade - B
Reasoning - They've got some solid infantry players, but I think they need to train a bit more in this class to match up some of the other infantry in the division. I'm gonna cut them some slack, because they are a GK/DoF mix, so I'm not sure how comfortable they are with playing with one another. Overall I'd say I have to see them a bit more, sadly I missed the first map in the FFoHW match :sad:

Cavalry Grade - D
Reasoning - I didn't see anything from the DoG cavalry last night aganist FFoHW and no specific players stand out as some sick cavalry players. Maybe it's due to ping? I'm not entirely sure. But this is defiantly an area they can improve on.

Ranged Grade - A
Reasoning - I have to admit I was extremely impressed with the performance of the DoG ranged last night. They lit it up, they've got a nice core of snipers such as Maraquis, Hypo, and Sparhawk if they play like that consistently I can see them in close shootouts with the best of the best.

Infantry Grade - D
Reasoning - I'm glad to see that PoN's infantry is improving, Forsaken was a nice pickup for them and Winnie is improving individually aswell. Hopefully as the tournament progresses they'll find a core and gain some experience.

Cavalry Grade - F
Reasoning - I just don't see any cavalry players in PoN other then Winnie, I think maybe Thraelyl is a cavalry player. Overall they just need to work together, and develop their skills. I'd so for now just practice not stopping each other and take advantage of the other team over-confidence whilst playing you guys.

Ranged Grade - N/A
Reasoning - Um, I don't really know who plays archer on PoN. So I don't feel qualified to grade this but theoretically they should have some good ranged. I mean they are a NW regiment, right?

Infantry Grade - B
Reasoning - I really like the improvement of the Deathwatch infantry, I think they've found their core and are starting to play together well. I do think they still need a bit more work on their individual skill, but they're getting their.

Cavalry Grade - D
Reasoning - This is probably Deathwatch's weakest spot, I think they're starting to work on it though, so that's good. But I can't really think of any solid cavalry players other than Mar or Nevino.

Ranged Grade - B
Reasoning - They've got a solid group of ranged, two players that stand out are Eternal and Sarakota. If they can pickup maybe another solid archer, I think this group can bring the PAIN.

Infantry Grade - B
Reasoning - They've got a solid group of infantry players, Dodge was a nice pickup for them. I think they'll start to get better as a group as the tournament progress but for now I only see them as a B.

Cavalry Grade - A
Reasoning - I'd put Redknight in the argument for best cavalry NA, and I really like the cavalry's they posses such as Greenknight, Blade, Black. I'd say this is one of the best cavalry lineups in the tournament.

Ranged Grade - C
Reasoning - I think this is their weakspot. With that being said, I think Mafioso and Ender can be some pretty lethal archers, it'll be interesting to watch this aspect of their game.

I haven't done FAG or KoF just yet, I'm waiting to see a KoF match and I'll do FAG after the match today. I won't being doing MTW however due to the fact I find it rather pointless to grade your own team. Anyways hope you guys enjoy the read, took me a while to write :wink:

On the DW grade I'd like to say that Eternal mostly plays inf and that Glitterball has played really well at archer the past match and for a long time before. DW has always had a group of decent archers with Kota, Ninjamidget who doesn't play a lot anymore, and Glitterball. Now I agree Cav is the greates weak point we really have no dedicated cav other than me, cuz Mar mostly plays inf nowadays

You've suggested doing this on a week-to-week basis, but I'm personally going to aim for doing a single grading of every team now, then a second once the tournament has finished. Since many of these grades aren't based on much substantial evidence and more on what I've seen in a few matches/pubs in the past few a months. Since many of these teams are new or are full of players I'm not very familiar with, this is probably currently about half speculation. I'm hoping that after the length of the tournament my final grading will more accurately reflect each teams' abilities in all three classes.

TEAM NAME: West Knights
Infantry Grade - B+
Reasoning - I personally think that as a pair PPK and Oodle are the best infantry in North America. Otherwise, wK's infantry cohesion has sometimes been a bit off in recent months. The other infantry players in wK like Cradoc, Beer, Oenomaus and WilySly are certainly top-tier, but there's something that just doesn't click sometimes. I believe this can be pushed up to an A pretty easily if wK can work some kinks out. Even at this point very few teams can go toe-to-toe with wK's infantry.

Cavalry Grade - A
Reasoning - wK has for a while now had the best cavalry lineup in North American Warband. Picking up Boogy as a cav-focused player has only buffed the crazy cav lineup of Calamity, WilySly, Gelden, PPK, Lagstro, etc. Not only that, almost every player on the wK roster can comfortably play cavalry at a top-tier level. All of these factors overall give wK the best cav game in the scene.

Ranged Grade - A+
Reasoning - There isn't much to say other than to drop a few names here. Lagstro has for a hell of a long time been the undisputed best archer in North America. Achilles isn't too far behind Lag, and as a pair they're monstrous. Even wK's secondary archer players like Calamity, Oenomaus and myself are good enough to compete with most of the better archers in North America.

TEAM NAME: TMW Misses Whitney
Infantry Grade - B+
Reasoning - TMW has classically been a clan and team that has amazing infantry players. This hasn't changed, but the only reason their grade is sitting at a B+ alongside wK is that TMW's infantry players generally don't stick out in terms of individual skill. The team's infantry cohesion is I believe unmatched by any other in the tournament, but they sometimes get edged out by individual players more than other teams' superior cohesion. Unicorn is arguably one of the best infantry players in the game, but for me he's the only one who currently stands out as an individual.

Cavalry Grade - B
Reasoning - I probably would have given this a C+ if it weren't for a few recent pickups. Sikici, even with his 100+ ping, is a force to be reckoned with in any map situation. Can has also been doing some great work for TMW in recent months. I've observed that cavalry is often what changes the tide for TMW in their melee fights. If the cavalry players hit at the right time, it's always devastating for the other team. In contrast, I've also seen them screw up pretty royally and lose rounds for TMW.

Ranged Grade - A
Reasoning - TMW has made themselves a solid and diverse ranged lineup who I expect only have trouble with wK's ranged players. At the heart of the TMW ranged group is Sota, who I believe is one of the only ranged players in the game who can sometimes play on the same level as Lagstro. Rurin, Clockwise, Fiery and X are all solid ranged players as well. Most of TMW's players seem to be able to play decently enough with a ranged weapon, giving the team many ranged options for all sorts of different situations.

TEAM NAME: Knights of Avalon
Infantry Grade - C
Reasoning - I've seen a lot of improvement from KoA's infantry players lately. Troubadour has made himself the foundation of KoA's infantry group, but Socks and some others put in some great work as well. It would take quite some work, but I think KoA's infantry could eventually bang with TMW and wK's infantry.

Cavalry Grade - C+
Reasoning - Cru alone is a pretty amazing cavalry player. Add Brave, Bohemond and Snoop and you have yourself a solid cav lineup that can on a good day probably go toe-to-toe with some of the other more impressive cav rosters.

Ranged Grade - C
Reasoning - John is the only top-tier ranged player in KoA, and even then he's sometimes inconsistent. A few others have potential, but KoA needs more than John to take on some of the higher level ranged lineups.

TEAM NAME: Free American Gamers
Infantry Grade - C
Reasoning - I don't know what it is, but something about FAG strikes me as 100% mediocre. I believe Disco and Tito are enough to push what probably would have been a C to a C+, but KoA and FAG are pretty much on the same level in terms of infantry.

Cavalry Grade - D
Reasoning - Again, a few solid players but nothing about FAG's cavalry play stands out to push them beyond mediocre. Magerick and Rallix are both pretty great cav players, but that's about it, and even then I've only seen them do good work in certain limited situations.

Ranged Grade - C-
Reasoning - If Rocky were more active, I'd push this to a C or C+. I've seen him alone pull of some pretty amazing things as a ranged player. Aside from Rocky, none of FAG's ranged players are beyond average. They sometimes play their part in establishing crossfires and whatnot, but nothing sticks out.

TEAM NAME: Deathwatch
Infantry Grade - D
Reasoning - Most of DW's infantry players are solid and have a decent sense of how to group fight, but they're not quite there yet. Stone stands out as a solid infantry, but from what I've seen that's about it.

Cavalry Grade - C-
Reasoning - I know that Nevino and Mar are both pretty solid cav players, but I haven't seen much teamwork from either of them both in past teams and with DW. If they up their game and improve their cohesion, they could do a hell of a lot of damage.

Ranged Grade - D+
Reasoning - I know Sarakota alone is a pretty great shot, but he's also inconsistent. No other ranged players have stood out individually to me in DW, but I have seen some sparse moments of greatness between the team's ranged players.

TEAM NAME: The Regulators
Infantry Grade - C+
Reasoning - I was quite impressed by TR's infantry players when I first encountered them. They're quickly learning how to fight cohesively and I don't think it'll take them long to play at a top-tier level. Picking up ThunderGodThor and Creed certainly helped with their infantry lineup as well.

Cavalry Grade - D
Reasoning - I only noticed a single good cav player on TR's roster when I myself played against them, but unfortunately I can't even remember his name :l. TR tends to rely pretty heavily on this single cav player to support their ground troops, but I think many of the aspects of playing cav competitively is still very new to TR.

Ranged Grade - D
Reasoning - With so many infantry-focused players, TR doesn't have many players who can play ranged very well. Even so, I've seen them play pretty effectively from time to time. Picking up Core will hopefully push their ranged game up to a more competitive level.

TEAM NAME: Kingdom of Faith
Infantry Grade - D
Reasoning - I haven't really ever seen much impressive infantry play from GK or DoF, the two clans that formed this team. I imagine their cohesion is hurting a bit from playing with new teammates, as well.

Cavalry Grade - C-
Reasoning - From past scrims and matches, I know Darin, Odo and Chainsaw are both pretty decent cav players, but it doesn't seem to have clicked for them. And again, cohesion is probably hurting.

Ranged Grade - D
Reasoning - I hate to presume anything about a team, but I don't see any significant ranged players from either GK or DoF on this roster. I could be proven wrong, though.

TEAM NAME: Defenders of Gold
Infantry Grade - D
Reasoning - Again, in the past I haven't a whole lot from either GK or DoF in terms of infantry play. As far as the PRT players go, I know very little. Same reason as KoF, even with a few individually great infantry players, I think it'll take a while before DoG's infantry cohesion will snap into place.

Cavalry Grade - C
Reasoning - As individuals I know quite a few players on the DoG roster are actually pretty great cav players. Alec and Erminas have historically been the core of DoF's cav lineup, and Viglaf, Varangian and Marquis are all solid players. I'd like to see how DoG fares on a heavily cav-oriented map, because I think they would actually be able to play it very well if the right players are in.

Ranged Grade - D+
Reasoning - Again, I can only really judge DoG based on individual players on the roster. Sparhawk is a great shot, but I don't know very much about the rest of the roster.

TEAM NAME: Made To Win
Infantry Grade - C-
Reasoning - MTW has a pretty solid roster, but so many of the players are European that it hurts their melee a lot. Arys is quickly becoming a great infantry player, and Vitus and Madoc are solid, but the team seems to be lacking a strong anchor player for the rest of the infantry to play around.

Cavalry Grade - C
Reasoning - Blacktide has for years now been one of TMW's only cav players, even with his 100+ ping. He tends to make a big difference in matches, but I'd like to see who else on the MTW roster can step up and play cav.

Ranged Grade - C
Reasoning - A few scary names on the roster, but I have doubts about their ability to actually attend matches. Hard to give anything but a C until I see more.

TEAM NAME: Four Feet of Hard Wood
Infantry Grade - C
Reasoning - I see Kelquethas as the core of FFoHW's infantry. Generally, they seem to be solid. A few players may be dealing with rust, and I don't think too many of them are infantry-focused players.

Cavalry Grade - B
Reasoning - Between Cheese, Hero and Volpel, FFoHW has a good cav lineup. I think they could pretty easily trump most of the other cav lineups in the tournament.

Ranged Grade - C+
Reasoning - Quantum is individually a fantastic ranged player, and Cheese is well-rounded enough to play ranged at a high-tier level. I do think FFoHW could use a few more dedicated ranged players, though.

TEAM NAME: Just the Tip
Infantry Grade - C-
Reasoning - There seem to be quite a few older players on this Wappaw roster. I expect after some rust is shaken off, this grade could possibly be bumped up. Green, Ender, Hossa and Nickdean are all solid infantry players, but all four have been pretty inactive.

Cavalry Grade - B+
Reasoning - Between Redknight, GreenKnight, Blade and Black FFoHW has the potential to have a cav lineup as lethal as wK's, but again I think many of the roster's players are out of practice. Even so, they're a great group of cav players that would have no trouble with most other cav players in the tournament.

Ranged Grade - C
Reasoning - Between Zacty, Scope and Dodge, FFoHW's ranged lineup is great on paper, but I'd like to see a few of their matches before I can comfortably grade them higher.

TEAM NAME: Praetorians of Neapolis
Infantry Grade - D-
Reasoning - Unfortunately, I've seen so little of PoN that I can only really talk about their infantry players. From what I have seen, they're pretty much what I would expect; new to the competitive scene and still trying to find their way.

Cavalry Grade - N/A
Reasoning - Haven't seen any :sad:

Ranged Grade - N/A
Reasoning - Haven't seen any :sad:

Just like Juve-senpai, I'm going to post my thoughts on (some, this sh*t is long) the teams for the start of the tournament.

TEAM NAME: West Knights
Infantry Grade - B+
Reasoning - PPK and Poodle are contenders for the beastliest infanty NA. In addition, Cradoc, Beer and Juve are quite skilled themselves.

Cavalry Grade - A
Reasoning - Best cav NA. Even though Wily is pretty bad (as evidenced by UNAC 1 finals against BkS, where Cal had to carry his dead weight :wink:), Gelden and Calamity are beasts.
Juve also has good cavwork.

Ranged Grade - A
Reasoning - wK has definitely the highest amount of top tier archers of all NA clans: Lagstro, Achilles, Robert (does he still play?) along with their secondary archers like Cal.
Not much to say here.

TEAM NAME: TMW Misses Whitney
Infantry Grade - A
Reasoning - TMW has always been a clan fielding strong infantry players since UNAC 1. Unicorn, Mike, Warpath, Rurin or X are extremely strong infantry players, and their cohesion seems to be unmatched, hence why I put them a notch above wK's infantry.

Cavalry Grade - B
Reasoning - BlackTide used to be the backbone of TMW's cav, but since he is in MTW, the team's main cavalry players appear to be Sikici and Can. Even though they are great players, as a group they are not on par with wK's cav, I'm afraid.

Ranged Grade - B+
Reasoning - Sota and Fiery are good archers, and so is Clockwise. Rurin and X are solid as well. However, I feel that TMW's ranged performance in a match heavily relies upon Sota being on his game or not.

TEAM NAME: Knights of Avalon
Infantry Grade - C
Reasoning - The amount of infantry players in KoA somewhat decreased as of late, losing Manry and Volpel (teamhop much vol) to FFoHW. Troubadour remains the backbone of the KoA infantry group, and can pull his weight when it counts.

Cavalry Grade - C
Reasoning - Brave is a beast, but as pointed out by other people, he can't do all the work alone. The addition of some former Rebels to the team (Snoop and Cru) can have a positive effect on KoA's cav performance.

Ranged Grade - C+
Reasoning - John is definitely still a top-tier archer in NA. The ranged roster is completed by ACanadianPolarBear (iirc) and Bohemond, but they are not quite top-tier still.

TEAM NAME: Four Feet of Hard Wood
Infantry Grade - B
Reasoning - Kelquethas and Stubberly are the backbones of FFoHW's infantry. They have grown a lot in their play and have shown they can go toe-to-toe with most top-tier infantry players in North America. Cheese and Man Ray have also proven they can carry on that class.

Cavalry Grade - B+
Reasoning - If FFoHW's lacks in sheer numbers, it's definitely in their cav group. Hero (what a beast this one) and Volpel are the core cav players for closed (and to some extent, mixed maps). Nevertheless, the non-attendance of one of them (like myself against DoG) can definitely hurt the team's chance in both closed and in the field. FFoHW can also field strong cavalry on open maps like Kelquethas, Cheese, and Stubberly.

Ranged Grade - C+
Reasoning - Quantum and Cheese are impressive ranged players, but I don't believe they can have the same effectiveness and consistency than that of wK's or even TMW's ranged.

TEAM NAME: Just the Tip
Infantry Grade - C
Reasoning - Green, Nickdean and Thor are good infantry players, but generally JtT's infantry looks out of practice. Mafioso and Buck can also hold their own as infantry.

Cavalry Grade - B
Reasoning - Between Redknight, Greenknight, Roxhard and Blade, JtT has the potential of fielding the strongest cav roster in the tournament, but they are, once again, clearly out of practice. If they can shake the dust off their armor, I'd bump them to B+ or even A-.

Ranged Grade - C
Reasoning - Mafioso, Ender and Kohath are strong ranged players, but that's about it. They are not quite on Lagstro's or Sota's level just yet.

TEAM NAME: Made to Win
Infantry Grade - C
Reasoning - Madoc and Vitus have proven themselves as skilled infantry players. Arys is definitely the most handsome and skilled of all MTW players, and I believe he will carry MTW to victory on numerous occasions. What a man!

Cavalry Grade - C
Reasoning - BlackTide is the core of MTW cav. He's highly skilled, but he can't do the work alone. He also is a bit reckless on open maps (and it's becoming predictable after 3 seasons of UNAC) and can get him wounded (or killed) before the main fight breaks out.

Ranged Grade - C
Reasoning - Most of MTW's archers that I've seen play are Europeans. I can't really tell, but they did not seem very effective against us in our match. Might be the ping?

TEAM NAME: wK
Infantry Grade A-
Reasoning Oodle and PPK carry a lot in this aspect, cradoc and the others do work here too, but don't main the class

Cavalry Grade A+
Reasoning Cal, Willy, Gelden, Boogy, Cradoc, Lagstro all strong cav, they have skill and depth in this area

Ranged Grade A
Reasoning Lagstro, bAchilles, Juve all top notch archers

Overall wK is pretty much at the peak they just need to stay in shape and not get lazy, they also need to cease recruiting talent into their already star studded roster if they want the lower tier clans to scrim them lol

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TEAM NAME: TMW
Infantry Grade B+
Reasoning Mike, Uni and warpath do a lot of work here, but the other inf could improve to raise the grade

Cavalry Grade B-
Reasoning They have a lot of euroland high ping godlike cav, but its hard to tell when they will show and how they will perform with high ping

Ranged Grade B
Reasoning Clockwise and Sota do a lot of work, but the rest of the ranged team is unpredictable

Overall TMW needs more whitney, more X and lower pings, it is very hard to play with 180 ping

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TEAM NAME: KoA
Infantry Grade B+
Reasoning Troub, Socks, Canada, Brave, Aporta all great infantry, just need a bit more cohesion and refinement

Cavalry Grade B+
Reasoning Brave, Cru, Socks, Canada, Snoop do a lot of work I'd put them up against the better cav teams in na

Ranged Grade B-
Reasoning I do work, but I'm usually alone, KoA needs a few more good ranged and luckily bohemond has helped out here

Overall KoA needs another good ranged and more cohesion on all classes

TEAM NAME: FFoHW
Infantry Grade B
Reasoning ffohw has a good core inf group with Stubbs, Jim and Kel. And with Manry and Volpel being added into the fray it makes this area stronger, but its hard to tell when they will appear to matches 

Cavalry Grade B
Reasoning They have a pretty good cav lineup with hero, cheese and volpel and some others

Ranged Grade C+
Reasoning Quantum does a lot of work in this area, cheese can also pick up a bow, but there's not much of anyone else stepping up to the archer position with the rest of the players playing other classes

Overall ffohw needs a bit more activity and another solid ranged

TEAM NAME: JTT
Infantry Grade B-
Reasoning Solid lineup with Maf, Nails, Green and Thor, the rest of the inf its hard to tell if they will show

Cavalry Grade B-
Reasoning Probably has what would be the best cav team in NA, but most of them are rusty or inactive, so its hard to know when their cav game will faulter or dominate

Ranged Grade B+
Reasoning Strong archer lineup with Scope, Dodge, Zacty, Kohath

Overall JTT needs to get their older players back in the scene if they want to do better and knock off the rust

TEAM NAME: DW
Infantry Grade C+
Reasoning Awsmdud and some other can do work here, they just need more good inf

Cavalry Grade C
Reasoning Mar and Nevino can do work here, but they need more cohesion

Ranged Grade B
Reasoning Solid ranged lineup with Sarakota, Glitter, Xeno and Eternal

Overall I think DW needs more players in the inf and cav department their roster is the smallest in UNAC which usually means thin skill depth

TEAM NAME: MTW
Infantry Grade C
Reasoning Madoc, Scar and Vitus do pretty well here, but other than that its pretty non existent

Cavalry Grade C+
Reasoning Blacktide, Arys and some others can do work here

Ranged Grade B
Reasoning OGL, Roux both great archers, but their ping can sometimes make it hard

Overall mtw needs more solid players in the inf and cav departments and a lot more cohesion between their NA and EU players

I'll do the rest of the teams later, but some of them I cannot speak on until I see more

John7 said:
TEAM NAME: wK
Infantry Grade A-
Reasoning Oodle and PPK carry a lot in this aspect, cradoc and the others do work here too, but don't main the class

Cavalry Grade A+
Reasoning Cal, Willy, Gelden, Boogy, Cradoc, Lagstro all strong cav, they have skill and depth in this area

Ranged Grade A
Reasoning Lagstro, bAchilles, Juve all top notch archers

Overall wK is pretty much at the peak they just need to stay in shape and not get lazy, they also need to cease recruiting talent into their already star studded roster if they want the lower tier clans to scrim them lol

TEAM NAME: TMW
Infantry Grade B+
Reasoning Mike, Uni and warpath do a lot of work here, but the other inf could improve to raise the grade

Cavalry Grade B-
Reasoning They have a lot of euroland high ping godlike cav, but its hard to tell when they will show and how they will perform with high ping

Ranged Grade B
Reasoning Clockwise and Sota do a lot of work, but the rest of the ranged team is unpredictable

Overall TMW needs more whitney, more X and lower pings, it is very hard to play with 180 ping

TEAM NAME: KoA
Infantry Grade B+
Reasoning Troub, Socks, Canada, Brave, Aporta all great infantry, just need a bit more cohesion and refinement

Cavalry Grade B+
Reasoning Brave, Cru, Socks, Canada, Snoop do a lot of work I'd put them up against the better cav teams in na

Ranged Grade B-
Reasoning I do work, but I'm usually alone, KoA needs a few more good ranged and luckily bohemond has helped out here

Overall KoA needs another good ranged and more cohesion on all classes

TEAM NAME: FFoHW
Infantry Grade B
Reasoning ffohw has a good core inf group with Stubbs, Jim and Kel. And with Manry and Volpel being added into the fray it makes this area stronger, but its hard to tell when they will appear to matches 

Cavalry Grade B
Reasoning They have a pretty good cav lineup with hero, cheese and volpel and some others

Ranged Grade C+
Reasoning Quantum does a lot of work in this area, cheese can also pick up a bow, but there's not much of anyone else stepping up to the archer position with the rest of the players playing other classes

Overall ffohw needs a bit more activity and another solid ranged

TEAM NAME: JTT
Infantry Grade B-
Reasoning Solid lineup with Maf, Nails, Green and Thor, the rest of the inf its hard to tell if they will show

Cavalry Grade B-
Reasoning Probably has what would be the best cav team in NA, but most of them are rusty or inactive, so its hard to know when their cav game will faulter or dominate

Ranged Grade B+
Reasoning Strong archer lineup with Scope, Dodge, Zacty, Kohath

Overall JTT needs to get their older players back in the scene if they want to do better and knock off the rust

TEAM NAME: DW
Infantry Grade C+
Reasoning Awsmdud and some other can do work here, they just need more good inf

Cavalry Grade C
Reasoning Mar and Nevino can do work here, but they need more cohesion

Ranged Grade B
Reasoning Solid ranged lineup with Sarakota, Glitter, [size=36pt][size=14pt]Xeno [/size][/size]and Eternal

Overall I think DW needs more players in the inf and cav department their roster is the smallest in UNAC which usually means thin skill depth

TEAM NAME: MTW
Infantry Grade C
Reasoning Madoc, Scar and Vitus do pretty well here, but other than that its pretty non existent

Cavalry Grade C+
Reasoning Blacktide, Arys and some others can do work here

Ranged Grade B
Reasoning OGL, Roux both great archers, but their ping can sometimes make it hard

Overall mtw needs more solid players in the inf and cav departments and a lot more cohesion between their NA and EU players

I'll do the rest of the teams later, but some of them I cannot speak on until I see more
They mentioned me  :cry: :cry: :cry: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Volpel said:
Even though Wily is pretty bad (as evidenced by UNAC 1 finals against BkS, where Cal had to carry his dead weight :wink:)

How much skin flute did Cal have to play to convince you to sing that song?

Pay me? Come on Wily, I would never accept such bribery. You admitted this yourself in wK Mumble, and Lyri told me herself :wink:
ps: cal plays skin flute? :lol:

Volpel said:
Pay me? Come on Wily, I would never accept such bribery. You admitted this yourself in wK Mumble, and Lyri told me herself :wink:
ps: cal plays skin flute? :lol:

Only in Wily's vast imagination.

How can one forget.. the cav suicide 3 rounds in a row strategy

Back
Top Bottom