Will Bannerlord be popular?

Users who are viewing this thread

Oliver Qvist

Regular
I feel like Bannerlord is going to become very popular. Just look at the screenshots we have been given... amazing.
It is going to beat Chivalry and any other medievel game out there.

I don't know, it's just this thought that has been bugging me for a while. I like this community, and I don't want
it to be swarmed over with thousands of players, till I don't even know whos who anymore.

I just don't want it to get too big... I'm a huge fan of Mount and Blade. I have all the games exept for this new one "Carribean". 4600 hours in warband, 300 hours in WFAS and some in NW.
I've been around for a long time even though most probably don't know me because I change my name a lot. Warband is all I play and have ever played since 2011, and you know what, 4 years after Bannerlord's realease I will still be here probably doing fan art.

I just love Mount and Blade... game of the year, what year? Every year.

What do you think? Is Bannerlord going to be massive? How do you feel?

**** that, imagine PW with thousands of players?

Dozens of servers filled to the brim with players from various countries and NOT just EU.

Some will say players swarm will just be a bunch of 12 year old retards etc etc but they're wrong, we got almost nothing BUT 12 year old acting retards in PW and mount and blade community in general right now.

Bannerlord will be extremely popular without a doubt. If it gets exposure.  Dev diary's is pretty much the most commercialization it's gotten so far.  And I only found warband by recommendation of a friend.  Never heard of it in the past, despite several attempts to try and find such a game through various search engines.

I hope Taleworlds tries to reach out instead of waiting for players to come to them like with their previous games, it's not like it will cost them much if anything at all to try to spread the word when it's about to be released and afterward.

Besides, why the hell wouldn't you be happy about the game becoming massively played?  it's got singleplayer.  It's not forcing you to play online or anything.  Don't you think Taleworlds deserves the money that will come with Bannerlord becoming popular?

Highly likely yes. But let's be calm about it. As excited as I am, the game is still under development and as far as I know it still has a long way to go.

I dont think that its going to be HUGE, but i know that its going nowhere but up from where it is.  I bumped into this franchise in a discount bookstore for 10 dollars in a dusty backroom, and the community has gotten much stronger since then.  (its not slowing down).

I feel that some exposure for the series will be good.  I have no doubt that it wont go mainstream.  It just isnt that kind of game.  It would be nice for a good list of servers to be full as opposed to having to compromise game-mode choice for an experience with more than one other player. 

I like to think of it as a chance for the modding community to be given a nice boost.  Not only will active members of the chivalry community (and other similar titles) be (hopefully) switching over to the M&B series, but this will add to the number of people who are, not only eager to play mods created, but hopefully will be willing to contribute to the community.

I hope so, and I think so. Chivalry sucks btw.

The Hash-singing Slasher said:
I hope so, and I think so. Chivalry sucks btw.
haha hells yeah.  Chivalry's got nothing on mount and blade in my opinion, but theres no doubt that these communities cross over a little bit.  Couldnt hurt to drag some more people farther into ours. =P

I'm sure it will, solid game play always gets recognition eventually.  Plus, there is nothing that comes close to it out there right now.  The only thing that could ruin it if they put wizards and elves in it.

Chivalry is a totally different animal.  It's like Call of Duty: Medieval Warfare.  Does anyone else notice how different it looks than when it first came out.  Completely different vibe. :???: 

I browsed over at the Chivalry forum a couple of weeks ago, wondering if it still had a player base. It does seem to do, but apparently there is considerable discontent/worry because much of the original coding team apparently left/was fired many months back, and since then the remaining team hasn't been able to patch the game properly, causing as many problems as they solve with each patch. There is speculation that a sequel is being made rather than the team trying to do anything more with the current game.

I think with Taleworlds being on Twitter and Facebook, which they probably weren't in 2010 when Warband came out, in conjunction with the game looking so good now, that Bannerlord will get quite a lot of exposure. I think that the existence of War of the Roses and Chivalry may work to Bannerlord's benefit, because while some of their fans will have played M&B before, many may not have heard of it yet and Bannerlord will probably be mentioned in their forums when it is released/gameplay footage is shown.

Personally, i dont want Bannerlord getting more popular (even because of the country i'm from)

It's going to get tons of people. Good ones will show up, yea, but mostly retarded freaks.
Dont want to be called as an usurper for people breakin' server rules again.

Personally I hope it will get a lot  more exposure than before.

One has to remember that a succesful game will create a lot more revenue for the developers, increasing their capacity for patching, maintenance of servers and development of subsequent releases.  :mrgreen:

The fact that forums and servers will be flooded by a hailstorm of idiotic 12 year olds is only a minor and temporary inconvenience compared to the benefits of a succesful release.

The benefits of a successful release are obvious: Taleworlds gets to make another sequel, and we get to play it.

The benefits of a wildly successful release are the same, except that we also end up with a forum bogged down by 5x the number of posts calling for guns, magic, aliens, monsters, Manga animations, and in-game dialog in Klingon.  We also get deluged by 12-year-olds in unprecedented numbers, both in the forums and on the multi-player hosting sites.  For the developers, that means an increase in expenses, a lot more "support" people (and salaries), as well as more pressure to release "more" sooner than it's ready.  To me, a solid success would be far more desirable than a huge hit that turns Taleworlds into another money-grabbing corporate monster that must be fed at the expense of "quality".

I hope Taleworlds gets more attention, but at the same time, I also do agree that the community should remain sustainable.

Oliver Qvist said:
What do you think? Is Bannerlord going to be massive? How do you feel?
No, I don't think so. I think this type of game will always appeal specifically to a very small but hardcore demographic. I wish the developers all the success in the world of course, but they make these games because they love them, not to become huge. I think this is also why the games are so good.

Mount and Blade has a more ''particular'' type of community

The community in general is really nice, people will usually notice that when going online for the first time ( like i did ) and they will get that ''nice vibe'' of the community

Well at least that is what I noticed, even the most dushbaggies there is, when you stop to talk with then they are actually cool people, so that said, I dont think the community will be endangered if the game gets really popular.

The veterans just need to guide the newbies and they will find their ways into the community and hopefully they will have a nice time on it and the community will remains as it is. Not only that, MnB is a game that does not appeal to everyone, so the community will be the same, only bigger.

I agree when i started playing around two years ago i found this to be one of the nicest community's out there

Hopefully we can have a better admin system and chat system, able to keep it more controlled if it ever comes to a PW or BL itself with huge traffic. Because imo MnB had a hard time for admining work since it wasnt so easy to use those admin commands compared to admin powers you can have in SAMP etc.

With new admin, chat and maybe using some sort of whitelist system then I think we'll be fine ;3

Back
Top Bottom