A note about permissions....

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi again all,

It has been a long time. I was going through my email today, and thought it was time to check in on these forums again. I'd like to clarify the team's position on the permissions issue.

Please note that we have decided as a team not to allow other mod's to use our resources unless they have shown a very high degree of quality and completion and also have been established on these boards for a long time.  We use our best judgement to determine what does and what does not meet these requirements.

Please also note that you cannot just take our resources from another mod that was given permission and reuse them for yourself.  We have never, ever given another mod the permission to allow others to reuse our resources.  So to put it simply, if you have taken our resources from somewhere else, you are using them without permission.  Additionally, if we do grant you permission, you will have to also ask for permission to use any resources that 1866 was using by permission from another author.  When we asked permission to use  these in 1866, we only asked for our own use - not for the use by others.

Believe me - I more than anyone understand how difficult it is to find resources for this genre, and this goal is not intended to stifle development by any modders out there.  Our goal is to maintain a high level of quality by not giving the green light to compilation mods that do little more than combine resources into uninspired remixes.

If you already have a great mod and our resources could help make it better, ask me via PM, and there is a chance you may be given permission.  I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner, but it may be a while before you receive a response.

Happy trails to all 1866 players, and best of luck to all of the hard working modders in this game!

ym

Back
Top Bottom