SP Fantasy Dominance of Fate, (The new name for Legend of the Dragon Riders)

Users who are viewing this thread

Welcome viewer! This is a new thread for the Legend of the Dragon Riders mod!
It is a mod based on Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle, (Not the movie)
Why do we need a new thread? Well if you've seen the old one, you understand.
So, hopefully with the past behind us, we can start anew.

Now, on to the concept art. 

Grey Folk Armor and spear.
wEx8EBdl.jpg
Elven Scale
xUZWErzl.jpg

Here's some models of Brisingr ( Made by systemz)
2LIyEHBl.png
fpOawv1l.png

DOMINANCE OF FATE

Enter the land of Alaegasia.
Where the Empire oppresses the populace.
Where the Varden fight for freedom from the Empire. 
Where elves and Dwarfs persist in their eternal rivalries.
Where Urgals raid and kill for glory!
Where the Raz'ac carry out the dark will of Galbatorix!
Where Dragon Riders once fought to protect the common-folk!
Where an ancient evil will rise from the depths of the shadows!
And where you shall decide the destiny of a world!

So, ask yourself this...

Do you have what it takes to Dominate Fate?

Never seen the old thread but regardless, I've wanted a Inheritance mod for awhile now, and I really hope you finish it. Good luck & I look forward to seeing more!

Should the Grey Folk even exist in the mod? Didn't they die out a while ago? :???:

Copied from our modDB article

You will occasionally encounter grey folk ruins, (they will be a haven for grey folk related salvage) which you can explore. We shall give the player the opportunity to discover the fate of the Grey Folk, and the reason they chained the wild magic to their tongue.
Also, there will be a hidden grey folk stronghold that has some of the last remaining grey folk, (not that many of them, just a few dozen.) And last but not least, there will be a grey folk hero, who will play a major part in the main quest.
The Grey Folk armor and weapons will be mostly based on late Indian styles, but they will also have a little of late Russian and Turkish equipment in there.

Now, onto the Dwarfs, (One of our favorites)
The Dwarfs will have a complicated hierarchy, the clans will always be conniving  to increase they're political power.  But, when they are united, the dwarfs have one of the most adaptable armies in the game. Here are some of the specialties that Nord has developed.

Knurlcarathn and Gedthrall: Blunt weapons
Az Swelda rak Anhuin: Stealth magic
Quan: Magic
Ragni Hefthyn: Heavy (Feldunost) cavalry archers
Feldunost: Heavy (Feldunost) Cavalry
Vrenshrrgn: Axes
Fanghur: Archers
Nagra: Spears
Ingeitum: Mattocks, pony cavalry
The Dwarfs will have early and medieval Russian armor and weapons, but will have some Byzantine styles.
And yes, they have their big goats.

With The Empire, we had to keep in mind that Galbatorix, being the main power in Alaegasia, would naturally outfit his troops the best. So you will see many Italian and Renaissance equipment. Imperial troops can quickly be trained into a massive and effective army, but they lack experience, and lose to the upper tier troops of the other factions. The Empire will be VERY centralized, and the Imperial settlements will be much more poorer then other faction's settlements.

The Varden are a bit like the Dwarfs in a way, except instead of seeking  to advance the status of clans, the Varden Leaders will be constantly trying to be top dog. This might cause destabilization within the Varden ranks, making it difficult for Varden players to get anything done. Imperial players that take advantage of the bickering Varden Leaders will find their gameplay much easier. Varden Troops are mostly rabble at low levels, with poor training and shoddy equipment, but at their higher tiers, they easily outmatch Imperial forces. Varden tend to have a lot of chainmail and leather armor, not as protective as Imperial armor, but much lighter. Dark Age armor and weapons as an example.

The elves, quite a pain in the behind to tell the truth. We have to divide them into their six sub factions, (aquatic elves, regular elves, wild elves, etc.) The elves will have the smallest armies, but some of the most skilled soldiers. Even their low tier troops can give the elite troops of other factions a run for their money. Elven equipment will be mainly based on Chinese and oriental weapons and armor.

The Urgals can be described in two words, tough and strong. What they lack in tactics, they make up for in brute force. They will have a large assortment of weapons and low quality armor, but they make up for it with a high strength and agility. The Urgals will be divided into five sub factions. Expect to see them with a lot of equipment usually only used by specific factions, (We leave how they got it to the player's imagination)
Working on Concept art for them at the moment.

Surda will be their own faction, mainly based on Arabs. Focusing on heavy cavalry, but not lacking in other categories.

Carvahall will be a minor faction, only existing until it's destroyed by the Empire, but until then, they field an army slightly better then base Imperial troops.

The Mansell Clan said:
You will occasionally encounter grey folk ruins, (they will be a haven for grey folk related salvage) which you can explore. We shall give the player the opportunity to discover the fate of the Grey Folk, and the reason they chained the wild magic to their tongue.
In that case, you know more about the lore than Paolini himself.

Pretty much speculation, although, now that you link those pages, it is an interesting theory. :smile:

Damn shame he ****ed up the last book so much.

The Dark Robin said:
Pretty much speculation, although, now that you link those pages, it is an interesting theory. :smile:

Damn shame he ****ed up the last book so much.
Yea, we weren't too impressed with the last book either.

Hey guys, I am iPreferAndroid, one of the team members working on this kickass mod. I have one little progress update that we have going; a concept for the Elvish fur armor. We didn't work so much on the fur for this concept because we were focused on making the armor look right. Either way, here you are!

IWHHYwU.jpg

Do you have a model for the armor? Concept art doesn't mean much, honestly.

The Dark Robin said:
Do you have a model for the armor? Concept art doesn't mean much, honestly.
As we don't have an active modeler, we can't make custom ones other then re-skins.

However, we are working on reskining some TLD armor that's overall shape fits the concept.

Froi said:
Hope this acctualy gets released at some point, just re-read the series last week, and I want teh mod nao!
Don't worry, we have the tenacity of Dûrok Ornthrond, it is only a matter of time before it is finished.
Nice sig and Avatar by the way. :razz:

Froi said:
Lol thanks, you could always learn how to model?
True true, and it will probably come to that. However, we are content with our open source and reskinned armors for the moment.

Which reminds me, if any of you guys think of some fitting armor for it, feel free to post a link.

Hey guys, I am the team's new 3D modeler. However, we have a need for new, active members with experience modding to make this work. If you know anybody who has the time to help us with this highly anticipated and desired mod, please, send me a message either here or on the ModDB site, my link being here.

http://www.moddb.com/members/ipreferandroid

We are looking for scripters, composers, possibly a more experienced modeler, anybody at all who can help with this mod. Also, message me with any models, scripts, functions, or anything that can be used in this mod that would be helpful. For example, we had a recommendation to use the helicopter feature in The Reckoning mod, which I have yet to ask about. Message me anything that can be helpful pretty much, and we can get this mod off the floor and to a working alpha!

Thank you all, and have a wonderful week!

-iPreferAndroid

Are you in need of a map? I could make a copy of Alagaesia.

I'm curious about how you'd go about implementing dragons, they are my favourite thing from the whole cycle

Back
Top Bottom