UKIP in a nutshell.

Users who are viewing this thread

RabbleKnight said:
Jarvisimo said:
RabbleKnight said:
Jarvisimo said:
The election results are absolutely diabolical.
Kobrag said:
How far our country has fallen to elope once more with the Nazi menace.
(seriously, on one of their manifestos (previous election I think) it was mentioned that they would force mothers with possibly disabled foetuses to abort.)
I could not agree more. The electorate should be ashamed.
You wanted democracy?
Deal with the fact that someone you don't like get elected.
The peoples have chosen.
But the whole far right landslide across the whole of Europe is deeply, deeply worrying.
Time are changing, maybe peoples are getting fed up with liberals.
Yay for death, destruction and satanism!

Ukip is full of incompetence. Nigel farage is charismatic but his MPs are too inexperienced/loudmouthed/lazy to last long in any serious political post. Down the road from me in barking there was a BNP councillor who was expelled within a year for not turning up to meetings.
unless ukip is hiding a few dozen competent xenophobic MPs in his sleeve, they're not a long-term threat to anyone, and are probably headed the same way as the BNP.

Also most of the people voting ukip (the ones who aren't stupidly voting as a "protest" against the three main ones) live in areas that immigration has hardly affected. there's always going to be irrational fear of the latest wave of immigrants, but in places where the only contact with foreigners is the daily mail, it's basically a given that ukip is going to get a few votes.

P.S. 33% turnout is bloody terrible, wtf Britain?

I'd actually welcome the rise of China. It'll give us someone to compete with again.

Wismar said:
RabbleKnight said:
Eternal said:
China is rising to become a major superpower, the Cold War is semi-rebooting with Russian and American tensions on both sides of Europe, and the economy is increasingly unstable. Far right parties rising across Europe and creating a more divided front when they've come so far is disastrous and very, very unfortunate.
I agree about the last two part but how China being a superpower is a bad thing?
+1 I think it's deeply worrying that the political correct establishment really don't know what democracy means. I say cheers fellow europeans! The future of Europe looks bright :smile:
Bright... as in pyres will once again be lit for those deemed useless to society.

RabbleKnight said:
Eternal said:
China is rising to become a major superpower, the Cold War is semi-rebooting with Russian and American tensions on both sides of Europe, and the economy is increasingly unstable. Far right parties rising across Europe and creating a more divided front when they've come so far is disastrous and very, very unfortunate.
I agree about the last two part but how China being a superpower is a bad thing?

China is the least important of the three I mentioned, but generally when you've got great powers on the rise it's bad news for you if you're divided. See how a united Japan fared against a divided China, for example.

I'm not insane enough to imply China is going to invade Europe, but even economically speaking it's better to be an economic giant and get more say rather than get rolled by everyone else. Diplomatically, too.

Kobrag said:
Bright... as in pyres will once again be lit for those deemed useless to society.

A touch overly-dramatic.

The chances are that UKIP will never form a significant part of the Westminster Parliament. I wouldn't say that a Conservative majority in 2015 is too far-fetched; we'll get the referendum in 2017 and pull out. The Conservative and Labour parties won't turn into Neo-nazi groups as a result and UKIP will become a footnote in history.

Alternatively, we vote to stay in the EU and none of your worries come true.

Separation from Europe isn't some sort of apocalyptic event.

It's indicative of how undemocratic the EU is when 31 million people don't even vote in the only part of the EU that can be voted on. :sad: And there's so much hostility towards UKIP on twitter and yet so little of it shown where it counts.  :roll:

BohOjZ8IUAIT6eB.jpg:large

Wismar said:
I say cheers fellow europeans! The future of Europe looks bright :smile:

Do you actually know how few people voted, and how little this vote actually means for EU and Europe in general? Because to me, it seems you have no clue.

Silence is agreement as far as I'm concerned, when it comes to voting. If you don't vote then you're consenting to the choice of those that have. Low turnout isn't something I see as massively significant, instead it's just another feature of democracy. 

Voter turnout in 2008 in the United States was 57.1%, in Europe in 2009 it was 43%. That's keeping in mind that the US also has midterm elections with about 40% voter turnout and the US elections mean a great deal more for United States citizens than European elections do for people in the EU.

I don't see it as that big a deal either.

BlackTide said:
Kobrag said:

A touch overly-dramatic.

The chances are that UKIP will never form a significant part of the Westminster Parliament. I wouldn't say that a Conservative majority in 2015 is too far-fetched; we'll get the referendum in 2017 and pull out. The Conservative and Labour parties won't turn into Neo-nazi groups as a result and UKIP will become a footnote in history.

Alternatively, we vote to stay in the EU and none of your worries come true.

Separation from Europe isn't some sort of apocalyptic event.
Do you want to be the Puerto Rico of the USoE?
Essentially being owned by them without a political presence in Europe?
I want us to be part of the Fourth (perhaps third if we get mineral independence?) most powerful superpower on earth!

Eternal said:
Voter turnout in 2008 in the United States was 57.1%, in Europe in 2009 it was 43%. That's keeping in mind that the US also has midterm elections with about 40% voter turnout and the US elections mean a great deal more for United States citizens than European elections do for people in the EU.

I don't see it as that big a deal either.

The midterm elections have always drawn low crowds, as the rather byzantine system or registering to vote in primaries and midterms tends to keep people away. In my district for the House, 7 separate Democrats are running, 3 republicans, 1 libertarian, and 1 green party candidate. All of the democrats seem to be more or less the same, and basically whichever one pays more wins.

Being a superpower really doesn't interest me one bit. I find your desire to turn a united Europe into a superpower to far more frightening than anything UKIP would be capable of. I don't think that there's the desire for that, not just in the UK but in the rest of Europe.

If this 'USoE' won't let us exist outside of its borders and rule ourselves then I wouldn't want to be apart of such an oppressive and expansionist political body anyway. That kind of attitude is deplorable.

Nothing said it would be expansionist or oppressive.

It's just common sense to centralise resources and work towards a shared prosperity, instead of being an insignificant island

Kobrag said:
Nothing said it would be expansionist or oppressive.

Kobrag said:
Essentially being owned by them without a political presence in Europe?

Kobrag said:
It's just common sense to centralise resources and work towards a shared prosperity, instead of being an insignificant island

I have no qualms with the free-market, lowering tariffs and allowing the free movement of goods. I don't understand why you'd need a centralised political body to make that happen. The EU serves not so much as the symbol of the free market that some herald it to be but more as a protectionist bloc. We close ourselves off to emerging powers and economies by being part of the exclusive EU club.

Why do you need to create a superpower to encourage free-trade?

Back
Top Bottom