how to add bodyguards to 4.3 diplomacy

Users who are viewing this thread

Atraphoenix

Regular
I like playing this mod but I hate getting ambushed all the time alone. I know there are some variants that gives bodyguards but they are not compitible with my steam 1.5.8 saves. Diplomacy 4.3 works perfectly on 1.5.8 steam version as well so my 1 year gameplay is not wasted, I can play with them but without bodyguards.

So I have researched downloded 4.3 source files and python 2.6.5 modified a bit but no gain. I failed to merge bodyguard script with 4.3 diplomacy.

I just want to play with diplomacy. pre battle orders is a good alternative but you cannot order your idiot knight to attack without spoling wedge so I quit using it altogether. Currently I am happy with diplomacy 4.3 and it is savegame compatible with my 158 level 25 Character. I can live without bodyguards but if somebody tell me if it is possible to add that feature (only that features nothing else!) I would be appriciated.

After many years on modding total war games I can say even rome 2 is more modder friendly than warband.

Though I don't know if it is save compatible, I got http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,151908.0.html to work with my slightly modded Diplomacy 4.3 source just fine(As far as I can tell) by following what was written in the posts. The only thing I had to figure out for myself was that there was an comma that I had to remove where "+ bodyguard_triggers," was supposed to go. I hope this helps.

Oh, and it's acually not that bad to mod. I just got back to Warband after a LOONG time and I've found it quite easy to pile on extra scripts here and there(And I haven't even looked at python before.). :razz:

Toxicity said:
Though I don't know if it is save compatible, I got http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,151908.0.html to work with my slightly modded Diplomacy 4.3 source just fine(As far as I can tell) by following what was written in the posts. The only thing I had to figure out for myself was that there was an comma that I had to remove where "+ bodyguard_triggers," was supposed to go. I hope this helps.

Oh, and it's acually not that bad to mod. I just got back to Warband after a LOONG time and I've found it quite easy to pile on extra scripts here and there(And I haven't even looked at python before.). :razz:

It took my hours... By the way in the end the result:

My wife and my bodyguards in Dhirim - My Capital city.
mb_warband2014-05-2617-33-45-532_zpsb1bb75d4.png

Resting at Dhirim tavern...
mb_warband2014-05-2617-36-19-295_zps07a90161.png

My fief Ushkuru ...
mb_warband2014-05-2617-38-35-110_zps81d12b31.png

-Good news it is save game compitible I am not sure but as rome total war modding experience modding only text files looks saving my save games.
-Not a big one but as a bad news I need to reset diplomacy options settings horse speed etc except the last one. Moreover I had to re-employ my 3 officials again (the treasury guy - chancellor - Constable) but even after that my bodyguards still appear.

Thanks a lot mate!   

P.S. I think I have made my first mod for warband  :grin:
I hope my teammates will not sack me; I was supposed to work on medieval 2 not warband.
By the way WILL the Bannerlord USE module system like warband?

Yeang Yeah said:
Um, I can't find the module system for 4.3, can somebody help plz?

I don't think it is released? I would like to get it as well, if anyone has it? I think my 4.3 saved games don't work with 4.2.

But that is source for 4.2 which it seems won't work with 4.3 saved games. I only changed the amount of recruiters I can hire, but when I try to load my saved game from version 4.3 the game crashes.

Toxicity said:

Sense you already got the code written and you give us a copy? I can't get it to work

Back
Top Bottom