Persistent World server hosting, with advanced script features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Currently it removes all default weapons when toggled. I will speak to DanyEle and see if it's possible to get a second option added where it will keep hatchets. You're correct about the door prop however, it's "pw_door_rotate_dungeon_b" and I've corrected my post accordingly.

I would have doubt in the rumor, I get the strong impression that Vornne disapproves of server-side script extensions. Probably will end up using invisible_chest tweaked though so people can then use whichever prop to represent purchasing that they please. :smile:

"pw_door_rotate_dungeon_b"

pw_door_rotate_dungeon_cell_b

Only pw_door_rotate_dungeon_cell_... doors can't be broken; I assume that you want unbreakable doors, as anything else is sort of pointless for player houses.

See the difference? :razz:
201407160001hapmrvqfnt.jpg

He disapproves of some (or maybe a lot) of the features implemented with server-side scripts, probably especially with banking (and I share his opinion there). However, his intention is rather to stop people from disabling PW props for the server scripts, as seen in this quote:
server side changes should not break existing PW features, just add new ones or tweak them in small ways that keep the client presentation consistent. I should probably add some usable "custom_script_trigger_a - e" scene props in the next version, with an invisible container mesh.
Link
Whether he'll actually add them is indeed not clear, as he said "probably".

I'm going off what DanyEle is giving me, I've never worked with scene editing in Warband nor the module system. But you are correct, DanyEle just informed me the one he is using is cell_b. :smile:

EDIT;
As of 20:08 British Summer Time the system now uses pw_invisible_chest's var2 field, the functionality of item_chest_b has been restored to it's original state.

I was going to use his services for my server but now that i look over this forum post i see that he have some bad reviews and wanted to ask people out there WHO HAVE TESTED his scripts and server hosting ... is it really a scam or does it work ?

You can test the scripts yourself, and as the scripts writer i can assure youall the features listen above do work 100%. If you hadn't only read the "bad reviews", but also Gishank's answer you would have known a little more. TBH, if you wanna test the scripts, several servers are running them such as PW_Legacy, EU_Clash_of_Nations and a few others . If something doesn't work as expected, I'm always available to fix it and come up with a patch. You may contact me for further information, since i'm the one who coded them from scratch, not by copying other people's code.

Rosslington said:
I would like to add, as the owner of PW-Legacy, that the server hosting provided by the 17th Regiment is well worth investing into. Gishank is very supportive and is quick to sort any problems that might occur. As for pricing, let's just say that the price for server hosting, web hosting, and scripts was cheaper than what Glenn charged for his scripts alone. So yh, don't miss out on a bargain :wink:
The scripts are not cheaper they offer you a monthly price which is something i dont do as i dont provide servers like gishank does

if you order at gishank you "Rent" the scripts

if you order from me you "Own" the scripts

thats the biggest difference

Shyana said:
Gah glenn, i have a copy of your scripts and i didnt even pay for them. Which you gave me personally through a PM :grin:
and yet he want me to pay 150 euro for them D: ?

Gishank hosts reliable servers and his scripts for PW work fine. I've tested them myself on both Legacy and ClashofNations and if you ever have any problems with your server, he's happy to guide you through everything. I've used Gishank's services for 1 year and never had any problems with them.

No. The scriptset is developed "in-house" and is not publically available. Should you wish to utilise the scriptset you can take advantage of our services. Alternatively you can try finding someone who is willing to develop a scriptset for you. :smile:

Please, i need it, only i need the script save money, bank and save equiptment, too the armor and class. thx,

Bukanera said:
Please, i need it, only i need the script save money, bank and save equiptment, too the armor and class. thx,
those are hard to make i dont think any one out there will do them for free

I need it, please, is imporant for me, i don't buy it because isn't necesary, i script plugins in other games but i don't know how make this.

Bukanera said:
I need it, please, is imporant for me, i don't buy it because isn't necesary, i script plugins in other games but i don't know how make this.
well i never saw any guy on earth giving them for free .. so you either code them or find someone ...

Here in Persistent World we dont have "Plugins" We have Python coded scripts to save/load/withdraw/deposit everything connecting to a PHP file which then saves it through the database. The Closest your going to get to any type of tutorial is this.

Shyana said:
The Closest your going to get to any type of tutorial is this.
The PW module system has always included web server integration: the optional "name server" package consisting of PHP files and database setup instructions, that could be modified to suit different purposes. You could try to rip the PW systems out entirely and write a different system based on a tutorial, but just adding your own message types is probably a more robust and proper option than most.

It is not a simple task for people without programming experience. PW is also intentionally not designed for long term character saving.

Vornne said:
Shyana said:
The Closest your going to get to any type of tutorial is this.
The PW module system has always included web server integration: the optional "name server" package consisting of PHP files and database setup instructions, that could be modified to suit different purposes. You could try to rip the PW systems out entirely and write a different system based on a tutorial, but just adding your own message types is probably a more robust and proper option than most.

It is not a simple task for people without programming experience. PW is also intentionally not designed for long term character saving.

True.

Shyana said:
Here in Persistent World we dont have "Plugins" We have Python coded scripts to save/load/withdraw/deposit everything connecting to a PHP file which then saves it through the database. The Closest your going to get to any type of tutorial is this.

The actual coding isnt python only the compiling method is python

glenn500 said:
Shyana said:

The actual coding isnt python only the compiling method is python

Yep, the game is writen in its own special set of code but without python the code would be useless. You have to teach yourself by looking at header_operation.py it has everything you need, but you have to learn how to set everything

Back
Top Bottom