Persistent World server hosting, with advanced script features.

Users who are viewing this thread

the code itself wouldnt be useless as there are many other ways as they could have handled it instead of using python but yeah header_operations is a good start to learn modding

I  think header_operations and module_constants are the 2 files i first looked at when i started it basically showed me how to store data how to retrieve data and then i looked at existing scripts in module_scripts to handle certain operations to make your features work

Scripts have been updated with an updated logset, below are the new revised changes. These will take effect immediately for all new servers orders from us past this date. Existing customers are in the process of being upgraded.

- Items dropped/picked up/equipped/unequipped/wielded.
- Corpses looted
- Damage dealt to players by other players.
- Damage dealt to horses/animals by players.
- Damage dealt to players by horses/animals.
- Horses mounted/dismounted
- Bows shot/crossbows shot

You're filling logs with a lot of things I would qualify as unnecessary.
It's a good thing by itself, however, it would makes logs a lot less readable and a lot more heavier (bad for low connections).

Ra'Jiska said:
It's a good thing by itself, however, it would makes logs a lot less readable and a lot more heavier (bad for low connections).

Whilst I agree it does add alot of somewhat unnecessary information to the logs, it does aid in resolving disputes about RDM. I have spoken to DanyEle about the possibility of getting the log functions to be toggleable through the database to a customers needs. :smile:

Ra'Jiska said:
I'll add, based from experience testing with the WSEProfilier (back when it was compatible) and with other projects, that sending a lot of messages to the server log can slow down your server code more than you'd think; so if you are having more trouble with server "lag" you might want to reduce the logging output (it's one of the reasons official PW does not have lots of detailed messages).

Plus the overhead of sending the logs to the admin(s), with that amount of detail you will cause a lot of spikes towards the end of the day for sure :wink:

I am loving every bit of these scripts which we run on the NA Ever Realm HCRP server!.  Amazing people - both Gishank and DanyEle who are always there to help us with any questions we have!. Would definitely recommend them for anyone thinking of hosting a PW Server! I know Gishank hosts game servers as well! as soon as he starts offering game servers in NA, I will grab a server or two ASAP!! These guys are AMAZING!

Thanks for the feedbacks. We try to do our best to keep our customers satisfied with the service we provide. Therefore,  i've recently coded some new features for the scripts, readily available for all new and previous customers: horse health now saves, but what i'd like to spend a few words on is our new anti-combatlogging system. Starting from the fact that we'd like to improve the gameplay on our servers, and reduce the amount of work for admins, I've been working on some anti-combatlogging meaures. Don't you find it extremely annoying when you're fighting with some heavy armored dude, and all of a sudden he logs off the server, afraid of losing his armor?  After being tested on our new Chinese customer's server and Luna's server we can safely state that this new feature can be made available to all our customers.
This if in brief how it works: when you hit someone, or get hit by someone, or loot a body, a counter called "Combat Stance" is activated for X seconds and its overdue gets prolonged in case the player performs one of the citated actions repeatedly. The amount of time can be easily configured through SQL, though the default advised logging time is 30 seconds. Players get messages reading they're leaving or entering the combat stance, and if a player decides to leave the server while in combat stance, his gear, his weapons and a little money bag fall on the ground, just as though he had died. 

i use a in my server TR_Divine_RPG this system is best

Bank , 7/24 Save and more features

you want a good server ? then buy a danyele scripts it is a perfect

ty for a good server Danyele i like this system

why i like it ? because

bank system
armory save
weapon save
health save
anti-combatlogging (it is my favorite features)
Speacial house (it is my favorite features)
------
new log system
item/damage/money
------
Danyele anytime help you for setup for features and more.

Long time no English, but thanks for the feedback Frasper.

New features: well, recently added the anticombatlogging system, a few posts above you may find more details, then created a way to stop gold from being duped for our customers from far away (China, and eventually Australia), a limiter to 1 name each GUID and a system to prevent horses from being stolen. Also we should now be implementing an option in the SQL admin panel to set the initial gold in bank.

The adjustment to the way that the default gold in the bank is handled has already been implemented by myself, it's really not all that complex. Moreorless an oversight as to why we didn't implement it earlier. :smile:

After some weeks of testing, we can finally state that a new patch is ready to be released for our new and current customers. Is this going to cost any more money? No! The price is still the same. We try to keep up-to-date and continuosly implement new features to keep our customers satisfied.

In game chat commands system.
Brand new feature for PW. You can now type several commands in chat with different functions, these being:
- /help: Get a full list of commands currently available
- /gold: Get the amount of gold in your bank account
- /date: Get the current CET date
- /time: Get the current CET time. M:H:S
- /get_withdrawal_limit: Get the daily withdrawal limit for your bank account
- /NSA: Get your current account status and important information such as deposit limit,withdrawal limit, current gold in bank, and GUID. All the data that could be stolen by NSA.
- /house: If the user is the owner of a house, it displays the house’s renewal date(if it has one), its cost and who the 10 available guest slots are occupied by
- /add_user_house: if the user owns a house, it allows to fill one of the 10 slots with a player’s GUID. First type the command, then the GUID, then the slot
- /remove_user_house: if the user currently owns a house, it allows to empty one of the 10 slots. First type the command, then the slot you want to empty.
- /GUID: Simply displays the current user’s GUID, which can used for gold transfer or being added to a property.
- /gg: Transfer an amount of gold to another player’s bank account. First type the command, then the gold amount, then the players’ GUID you want to send gold to.
- /scripts: Get information about the scripts.
Although the commands’ responses appear in local chat, all that is returned by these commands is only visible to the player who types the commands and not by the ones who are around him.
In-depth logs tracking:
Additional information are now tracked in the logs to allow for better servers’ management and overseeing, these being:
- Damage dealt to walls
- Damage dealt to chests
- Damage dealt by horses to players, including the horse’s owner’s name
- Damage dealt by players to horses, including the horse’s owner’s name
- Content of money bags dropped on the ground both when dieing and when dropping them intentionally
- Content of money bags picked up
- Gold withdrawn from chests

Admin scalpel refilling stock:
When hitting a stock for horses, armors or weapons with an admin scalpel, it is now automatically refilled to 40.

Hunger Saving:
The level of hunger is now saved when leaving and re-joining the server

Anti-combatlogging system enhancement
Given all the complaints on the fact that the combatlogging system was activated whenever someone was healed or punched, it is now only activated when someone is actually hit by a valid weapon(hence not an admin scalpel or a surgeon’s scalpel).

Additional options in server owners’ panel.
Both the chat commands and the anti-comblogging system can now be switched off from the server owners’ panel.

You may test the new features on PW_Thrones_EU

Have fun! You are welcome to suggest new possible commands that could improve the overall PW experience.

Very good hoster.

I hosted at him when I owned Legacy/Nova. Then afterwards I'm hosting Pulse now at him.
Everytime when I had a problem, there was help from Gishank's side. If I had problems with the scripts or wishes then DanyEle everytime helped me.
Great service. If you want to make a PW server, host it there!

Vornne said:
Ra'Jiska said:
I'll add, based from experience testing with the WSEProfilier (back when it was compatible) and with other projects, that sending a lot of messages to the server log can slow down your server code more than you'd think; so if you are having more trouble with server "lag" you might want to reduce the logging output (it's one of the reasons official PW does not have lots of detailed messages).
Confirmed, Oasis regulary has 150+ players online and it starts lagging alot.
We're going to do a test with scripts which log less player-actions. I think the outcome will be postive.

I'm new to the server hosting scene, and Gishank has been a great help. He's shown me how to fix, and change aspects of the server without being harsh about it. Or treating me with an disrespect. Despite some of the issues I've had with the server, they've all turned out to be my fault, it's been up 100% of the time, with a great ping, and lag-less server.

Back
Top Bottom