Persistent World server hosting, with advanced script features.

Users who are viewing this thread

Gishank

Master Knight
Hello everyone.

As many of you know the 17th Regiment of Foot has provided both gameserver and webhosting to the Mount & Blade community for the past few years. Over this timeframe we've provided our services to many happy customers, and in the past took an active part in the Persistent World community by hosting EU_Union. Today we'd like to announce something that will hopefully breathe new life in to Persistent World by allowing new communities to compete on equal ground with established titans. Should you purchase a 100+ slot server from ourselves to run a Persistent World community you can pay an additional monthly fee of €10 for access to a set of powerful scripts to enhance your experience and server functionality. This fee goes directly to the author of the scripts (DanyEle) whom will be actively listening to your feedback and bug reports, the most highly requested features will be added at the authors discretion. You will have full control over your servers scripts through a MySQL database, accessed through PHPMyAdmin. This means should you also acquire webhosting through us (discounted when purchased with a gameserver) you'll even be able to integrate the features in to your website.

3/6/12 month discounts can be applied and will be calculated by <base value> x 15/20/30% + (script fee x 15/20/30%). For example should you order a 200 slot server (€20) for 3 months - €60 x 0.85 = €51 + (€30 x 0.85) = €76.50

FEATURES;

Banking system
- Players can deposit gold in to a bank.
- You can set a daily withdrawal limit (can also be configured on a per-user basis, e.g for VIP users/donators).
- You can set a maximum cap on how much someone may store in their bank account (can also be configured on a per-user basis, e.g for VIP users/donators).
Gold, Item, Faction/Class, Items, Equipment, Hunger, Horse, Location and HP saving.
All players have a unique PIN, providing an authentication method for communities to manage the data through a custom website.
Player Score/Statistics Tracking - Kill/Death Ratio, Team-kills and hours played on the server.
Enhanced logs
- Items dropped/picked up/equipped/unequipped/wielded.
- Corpses looted
- Damage dealt to players by other players.
- Horses mounted/dismounted
- Bows shot/crossbows shot
- Damage dealt to walls
- Damage dealt to chests
- Damage dealt by horses to players, including the horse’s owner’s name
- Damage dealt by players to horses, including the horse’s owner’s name
- Content of money bags dropped on the ground both when dieing and when dropping them intentionally
- Content of money bags picked up
- Gold withdrawn from chests
Broadcast a customised M.O.T.D through the in-game chat channel (configured through strings.txt). This is typically more visible than the pop-up message.
Ability to disable spawning with default weapons (rusty sword, etc).
Player Housing - Player interacts with door prop and then grants them access should they have the relevant permission set in the database.
-Option to have privately owned property for donators, or businesses.
-Option to have publically purchasable property.
-Option to have a maximum period of time that a property may be owned before it expires and becomes purchasable by another player.
Combatlog Countermeasures
-When a player attacks another player, is attacked, or loots a corpse a timer will be initiated (can be defined in the database). If the player leaves during said timeframe they will drop their gear as if they died.
Persistent Item chests
In game chat commands system.
- /help: Get a full list of commands currently available
- /gold: Get the amount of gold in your bank account
- /date: Get the current CET date
- /time: Get the current CET time. M:H:S
- /get_withdrawal_limit: Get the daily withdrawal limit for your bank account
- /NSA: Get your current account status and important information such as deposit limit,withdrawal limit, current gold in bank, and GUID. All the data that could be stolen by NSA.
- /house: If the user is the owner of a house, it displays the house’s renewal date(if it has one), its cost and who the 10 available guest slots are occupied by
- /add_user_house: if the user owns a house, it allows to fill one of the 10 slots with a player’s GUID. First type the command, then the GUID, then the slot
- /remove_user_house: if the user currently owns a house, it allows to empty one of the 10 slots. First type the command, then the slot you want to empty.
- /GUID: Simply displays the current user’s GUID, which can used for gold transfer or being added to a property.
- /gg: Transfer an amount of gold to another player’s bank account. First type the command, then the gold amount, then the players’ GUID you want to send gold to.
- /lords: Outputs a list of all current faction lords, if available.
- /score: Shows your current kill/death ratio.
- /played_time: Shows how long you've been playing on the server.
- /scripts: Get information about the scripts.
Although the commands responses appear in local chat, all that is returned by these commands is only visible to the player who types the commands and not by the ones who are around him.
Admin Scalpel replenishes stock levels to 40
Admins can teleport players
- "Teleport to a player" can be used to teleport a player to you. "Teleport behind a player" can still be used to teleport to players.

This of course includes nameserver.

NOTE: Should you wish to use the scripts on multiple servers (including remote servers not hosted by us) it will be +€5 per server.

For a full list of our prices, please visit our Taleworlds thread, FSE thread, or our website.

This post has naturally been mirrored (to an extent) in our main hosting thread, but as I feel this is strongly relevant to the Persistent World community I decided to make this one here. It's a new model that we're testing, though we hope it will encourage growth in the community. :smile:

We aim to have the most competitive prices within the Mount & Blade community, and last I checked we do (excl. the additonal script fee). Of course what you consider an "expensive price" is entirely personal preference. Whilst a VPS may work for some not everyone has the technical expertise or willpower to run and maintain one. Due to the way virtualisation technology works it isn't really recommended for CPU intensive processes such as gameservers (assuming you find one which provides adequate resources to do so and has an acceptable usage policy that permits it).

From my point of view, I think scripts/banks can work well and efficiently in the PW community if limits are imposed and they're managed correctly. I don't disagree entirely though, they're far from necessary and it would be nice to see an innovative community that can grow a playerbase without them. :smile:

Gishank said:
and it would be nice to see an innovative community that can grow a playerbase without them. :smile:

This is something I hope to achieve when I release the first version of Persistent Middle-Earth.

With a lot of coding my be and a lot of testing by Gishank, we now have a new feature. A map check when a player joins the server, meaning that you will not spawn in random places anymore if your map has changed since you last left the server, but a default faction/outlaw/commoner entry point, depending on your faction.

DanyEle said:
you will not spawn in random places anymore if your map has changed since you last left the server, but a default faction/outlaw/commoner entry point, depending on your faction.

I managed that with a few lines of code, must apply it though!

S0mebody said:
DanyEle said:
you will not spawn in random places anymore if your map has changed since you last left the server, but a default faction/outlaw/commoner entry point, depending on your faction.

I managed that with a few lines of code, must apply it though!

The problem wasn't about the quantity of code, but a missing encoding in url ç_ç . Little neglectable details... which prevent the code from working!

Please, list the bugs in my scripts. I've always tried to fix them as soon as they were found. Also Please quit flaming. Comments like the ones you made above can but generate more hatred, especially when one isn't aware of all the facts.Now, back on topic. For further personal inquiries regarding me or Gishank, you may contact me on Steam.
Btw: news about the scripts. I've now coded Private houses and they're going to be usable on PW-Legacy shortly, once the mapper finishes the scene.

EDIT;
Decided to snip this post from the thread, whilst it was extensive in covering the incident that occurred, it seems a bit misplaced when this thread has been pruned of the posts instigating this response.

I am not that informed with the current settings of Gishenks server providing, especially with the new establishment of server scripts. But from my experiences as serverowner of EU_Union and Gishenk as provider, there was rather a working and good supporting ground. If problems occured he was always fast willing to fix them and provide a flawless server envoirment. Just saying...

I would like to add, as the owner of PW-Legacy, that the server hosting provided by the 17th Regiment is well worth investing into. Gishank is very supportive and is quick to sort any problems that might occur. As for pricing, let's just say that the price for server hosting, web hosting, and scripts was cheaper than what Glenn charged for his scripts alone. So yh, don't miss out on a bargain :wink:

Hello everyone!

Today I'm happy to announce that we've just updated our Persistent World scriptset with a new build that adds a minor bugfix and introduces a couple of new features/tweaks including the very first iteration of our player owned property system. We aim to continue refining existing features, adding new ones and ultimately fixing any bugs that may arise. Any suggestions or feedback will be carefully considered and potentially incorporated.

Additions;
Spawn With Weapons - Toggleable in the database, when set to 0 it will prevent players from spawning with their default class weapons (rusty sword, knife, etc). Added by popular demand.
Customisable withdrawal limits on a per-user basis

Player Housing - Player interacts with door prop and then grants them access should they have the relevant permission set in the database.
-Option to have privately owned property for donators, or businesses.
-Option to have publically purchasable property.
-Option to have a maximum period of time that a property may be owned before it expires and becomes purchasable by another player.

Props with special functions (for scene creators interested in building a map with support for the scriptset);
pw_door_rotate_dungeon_cell_b - Player housing door. Set var2 to the corrosponding house ID in the "property_system" table.
pw_invisible_chest - This acts as both the bank and as the prop to purchase property. Set the var2 field to the ID of the house in the property_system table to switch it's functionality.

Spawn With Weapons - Toggleable in the database, when set to 0 it will prevent players from spawning with their default class weapons (rusty sword, knife, etc).

Will it also allow the option to only keep hatches? It's a vital serfing tool for people without money or new players - and you can't do too much damage as a serf anyway, so charging with a spawn hatchet in a war is not an effective way of winning.

pw_dungeon_door_b

The correct name is probably pw_door_rotate_dungeon_cell_b.

Under certain circumstances these chests can be destroyed.

A little hint for scene creators: You can try putting a small version of the chest (all sizes 0.1) into a normal chest prop (chest_a or chest_b) so that people won't be able to destroy the chests "easily" (by easily I mean that at some point I was able to get through the chest prop with pure luck - Probably a wrong placement by me).

We're looking in to using an alternative prop in a future build.

Just a little rumour from me: Somewhere in the past I've read a post from Vornne where he was thinking about adding independent usable props for server scripts - although I don't know whether these would be usable for storage.

SO are people just trying to make money off pw now? Its like **** the actual game, lets just make money by selling people servers for 3 month contracts and rip them off and laugh when they have only 2 people on their server. new low in the pw community.

Back
Top Bottom